Jump to content

My Sarkisian Thoughts


Recommended Posts

I hated the playcalling in the National Championship, Bama fan here. So, I was very angry. After all was said and done, I saw something on my phone. Sarkisian Leaves Bama for NFL!

I was thrilled. I said, "I wonder which stupid NFL team signed this guy." I clicked and saw we had. I nearly cried. Came here to complain, only to find a barrage of excitement. I said, "There are a few of us Bama fans happy he's not there" and the usual come back? "Not the ones I have spoken to." I still don't know who that could have been, because most of my Bama buddies didn't like the playcalling and blamed him for the loss.

Now, I am seeing the same thing I hated about that game every week. Super frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I hope PMF looses the optimism and posts X’s & O’s: Why I’m Done With Sark

IM sure he will, may not be all about Sark but hes def in the boat now, oline is not playing THIS bad, the playcalling is extremely predictable this year, he literally is just trying to do that same **** we did last year when the whole league knows its coming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sark is legitimately incompetent. Running a jet sweep to a 5'8 160 Taylor Gabriel, with no other misdirection, on the half-yard line confirmed that to me. His play-calling is bland, stale and does not induce possession time nor 3rd down conversions. He has yet to send Julio on a skinny post, which has been his most effective route his entire career. He abandons the run at the strangest times. And he cannot pin point plus match ups. Remember Tevin Coleman running seam routes against unathletic LBers? Where was that tonight?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sark has not been great all year.. but tonight was a joke.  I have a very hard time believing he thought it was a good idea to throw from the 10 inch line on 3rd down and then follow it up with an end around...   It sounds crazy but the only thing that makes sense is he had given up and was TRYING to get fired.   Anybody would have just given it to Freeman 95 out of 100 times there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DMT11 said:

IM sure he will, may not be all about Sark but hes def in the boat now, oline is not playing THIS bad, the playcalling is extremely predictable this year, he literally is just trying to do that same **** we did last year when the whole league knows its coming. 

It’s not even that.  Sark is running a more traditional WCO passing game that relies on quick short timing routes.  Shanny preferred chunk yards in the passing game.  We are running 5 yard outs that are well covered and short of the 1st down markers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I hated the playcalling in the National Championship, Bama fan here. So, I was very angry. After all was said and done, I saw something on my phone. Sarkisian Leaves Bama for NFL!

I was thrilled. I said, "I wonder which stupid NFL team signed this guy." I clicked and saw we had. I nearly cried. Came here to complain, only to find a barrage of excitement. I said, "There are a few of us Bama fans happy he's not there" and the usual come back? "Not the ones I have spoken to." I still don't know who that could have been, because most of my Bama buddies didn't like the playcalling and blamed him for the loss.

Now, I am seeing the same thing I hated about that game every week. Super frustrating.

I admit it,, I didn't like it when they hired him,, To much differance in the College and Pro game.. Don't believe me..?? Rewatch the game tonight.. I was amazed they would take such a big chance on hiring a Colledge coach,, ! I'm telling the truth,, I didn't think he would be a good hire from the day I heard it.  I wish I had not been right. But is't evident they made a huge mistake that will hold us back another year,,  But the switch should be made now! If not you can forget the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Road Warrior said:

Sark has not been great all year.. but tonight was a joke.  I have a very hard time believing he thought it was a good idea to throw from the 10 inch line on 3rd down and then follow it up with an end around...   It sounds crazy but the only thing that makes sense is he had given up and was TRYING to get fired.   Anybody would have just given it to Freeman 95 out of 100 times there.  

If we had hired a NFL OC with a good background ,, with all our talent, we may not have a lose this year.. We have the players,, we don't have the brain at OC. And that never ends well. It's so evident nobody would argue other wise,, Because they know they would be wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

I admit it,, I didn't like it when they hired him,, To much differance in the College and Pro game.. Don't believe me..?? Rewatch the game tonight.. I was amazed they would take such a big chance on hiring a Colledge coach,, ! I'm telling the truth,, I didn't think he would be a good hire from the day I heard it.  I wish I had not been right. But is't evident they made a huge mistake that will hold us back another year,,  But the switch should be made now! If not you can forget the playoffs.

Yep. You have to fire him now. He is way over his head. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I admit it,, I didn't like it when they hired him,, To much differance in the College and Pro game.. Don't believe me..?? Rewatch the game tonight.. I was amazed they would take such a big chance on hiring a Colledge coach,, ! I'm telling the truth,, I didn't think he would be a good hire from the day I heard it.  I wish I had not been right. But is't evident they made a huge mistake that will hold us back another year,,  But the switch should be made now! If not you can forget the playoffs.

I was thinking the same. I really thought Lefleur was going to be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Sark is legitimately incompetent. Running a jet sweep to a 5'8 160 Taylor Gabriel, with no other misdirection, on the half-yard line confirmed that to me. His play-calling is bland, stale and does not induce possession time nor 3rd down conversions. He has yet to send Julio on a skinny post, which has been his most effective route his entire career. He abandons the run at the strangest times. And he cannot pin point plus match ups. Remember Tevin Coleman running seam routes against unathletic LBers? Where was that tonight?

That is run in college, the Pac-12, not the NFL. He is in over his head in the pro's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have not liked Sark since day one for a number of reasons, but this game is a great example of why.  I think it goes deeper than just the playcalling, but if you look at what happened on the drive where we actually scored.  Ryan picked the Patriots apart.  With Sark I think we force our deep game and don't believe we have good flow with our plays.  One does not set up another.  We are not using our backs properly.  We are not using Julio properly.  We are not using our TE's properly.  Sark comes out the first game and lines up in a I formation and power runs between the tackles.  Some teams can do that when you have a 230 pound RB and 330 pound Olinemen who are power blockers.  We have neither.  Sark is calling these games like a college game and that is a reach.  He does not have the skill set to call plays in the NFL.  Give the playcalling over to Schaub and Ryan and we win.  Keep Sark and we are going to lucky to win 8 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MilleniumFalcon said:

That is run in college, the Pac-12, not the NFL. He is in over his head in the pro's.

Even in college it's a terrible play call. On the 1, every defender is near the LOS. All it takes is one to shoot the outside gap to cut that play off. Not to mention the fact that they ran it out of motion, basically telling the defense what play they are running before the snap. Just absolutely terrible design and call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...