Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RYNE

JET F-ing Sweep!?!??

54 posts in this topic

My ten year old daughter asked why we didn’t run up the middle.  She had more football sense than the “professionals” in that minute.  I don’t think you can fix this kind of stupid playcalling.

jamesmasen likes this

13 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Sarkisian 3 and out football. Someone make that meme.

Run the ball every first down. Receivers aren't allowed to run routes past 15 yards. Take a sip of hennessy. Rinse and repeat.

This was unbelievable. We're going up against the worst passing defense in the history of the NFL and we try to establish the run on first down on no less than eight series. Sark sux. He's a college coach and needs to be fired immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the "Jet sweep" will work next week though, since we are playing the Jets.  

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

A jet sweep? Are you f-ing kidding me. 

Litterally the worst play call I’ve ever seen. 

Run the ball with freeman twice and you score. My god 

Yep

1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

Just a foreshadowing. Jet sweep. When the Jets beat us the it will be a clean sweep against us for the AFC West

Man, I wish it was the AFC West we were losing to. It wouldn't look quite so bad then. 

1 minute ago, Expert Poster said:

Man, I wish it was the AFC West we were losing to. It wouldn't look quite so bad then. 

Lol, thanks. I fudged that up

4 minutes ago, fuego said:

I'd be shocked. 

AB does not hide his emotion after national embarrassments. He was tied to Smitty. Sark does not get that same leash.

2 hours ago, rbrick28 said:

It was terrible. It’s even worse when you think about the fact we have 2 great RB 

And yet NEITHER of them were on the field that play.  We were in a 2 TE, no back set w/ Gabriel, Julio, & Sanu.  Completely idiotic playcall. There was no threat of anything coming up the middle so LBs were free to move with the motion guy and they had that side overloaded by the time we snapped it.  No way in **** that play would have worked, can't imagine why anybody would have thought it would. 

Flying Falcon likes this

I kept telling my buddy that we're the type of team that's going to lose to the jets even if we beat the Pats 52-0. After watching that **** they called "offense" tonight we're losing to the Jets FOR SURE. 

I generally am not a "fire him" type....and I generally think that people over react to play calling.

However that call was indeed one of the worst  offensive calls I have ever seen given the circumstances.

It is not all on him but when he has to do a better job of putting his playmakers in positions to make plays

12 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

not just a jet sweep, but a jet sweep with no RB in the backfield to keep the LBs honest.

Yea that was mind boggling.. as soon as I saw motion I yelled "o no fkn way!" Hands insta face palm 

23 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Yea that was mind boggling.. as soon as I saw motion I yelled "o no fkn way!" Hands insta face palm 

a rub route in that situation would have been such a better call than handing the ball off to a WR and relying on the defense being incompetent/slow to get your TD

2 hours ago, Kayoh said:

not just a jet sweep, but a jet sweep with no RB in the backfield to keep the LBs honest.

1 MILLION times YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Rewound that play 10 times immediately after it happened because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  That play alone should have been enough to get any playcaller fired.  Every f'n high school in Georgia is coached well enough on defense to be in position to stop that play and you think that's getting by a Bill Belichick team?????  Sark needs to go back to coaching in the PAC-12 where the defensive IQ is lower than PeeWee league throughout the southeast.

2 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

That's not the same play that was called last night.

? Correct...that was a Koetter play