This team is a stud RG and TE away

Osiruz

I hate to say it but there's nothing Matt Ryan loves more than choking away big games and big leads. The way to remedy that is if we can get a dominant tight end like Tony Gonzalez, and make our Run game more consistent. Wes Schweitzer is just not doing it right now.

We should really consider calling Gary barnidge or Jacob tamme.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I hate to say it but there's nothing Matt Ryan loves more than choking away big games and big leads. The way to remedy that is if we can get a dominant tight end like Tony Gonzalez, and make our Run game more consistent. Wes Schweitzer is just not doing it right now.

We should really consider calling Gary barnidge or Jacob tamme.

Your first sentence is rediculasly stupid. The last big game he played, he had the numbers to lock in SB MVP if the defense hadn't allowed for the big lead he produced to dwindle away. Nice try though. 

This was not unpredictable, which is why I had TE and RG high on offseason needs.

Figured we'd take one in FA, one early in the draft.  You don't take chances on the side that was holding your whole team together.

I think we'll look better here at the end of the year, but a legit other TE would make 2 and 3 TE sets better, and would provide WR depth for when our big guys get hurt.  And a guy who provides a pocket is one of the biggest deals to this offense.

1 hour ago, nomak said:

Your first sentence is rediculasly stupid. The last big game he played, he had the numbers to lock in SB MVP if the defense hadn't allowed for the big lead he produced to dwindle away. Nice try though. 

The defense gets tired when the offense cant move the ball in the second half! Brady was a pinjata in the first half, why does no one understand this???????? Imagine playing on defense and having to come out and play every 4 plays after a drive

Well, considering that last year we were a passrusher, DT, multiple linebackers, a corner, a whole bunch of rookies (and by the end of the Superbowl a center) away, we still should have won it all if any one of the absurd blunders or improbable catch didn't happen.

Yes there are some issues to take care of, but it's crazy here how every time we have a loss or tough stretch, see people just rewrite the history of the team. 

Matt Ryan always chokes in big games? Did you not watch the postseason last year? Point to me where in that brilliant run you can blame Matt Ryan? 

2 hours ago, nomak said:

has nothing to do with 3 second half points, the fumble, or the stupid sack he took? He didnt fumble away the NFCCG as well? Be honest. Matty does melt in big moments. 

Also, why am I seeing Tamme's name in a thread saying we need a dominant TE?

Tamme is 32, not signed by a team (probably because he's 32), and has never been a dominant force in the league.

He was a reliable but average TE who put up decent stats by playing with a couple great quarterbacks. I liked Tamme, but let's not pretend that he really offered anything more than Hooper does, other than experience.

In fact, it's certainly possible that Hooper is still another year or two away from really playing his best football.

2 minutes ago, B3TD said:

Also, why am I seeing Tamme's name in a thread saying we need a dominant TE?

Tamme is 32, not signed by a team (probably because he's 32), and has never been a dominant force in the league.

He was a reliable but average TE who put up decent stats by playing with a couple great quarterbacks. I liked Tamme, but let's not pretend that he really offered anything more than Hooper does, other than experience.

In fact, it's certainly possible that Hooper is still another year or two away from really playing his best football.

Tamme would be a good band aid answer until we draft a TE. Hooper is certainly not a dominant TE and I highly doubt he will become one.

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

Tamme would be a good band aid answer until we draft a TE. Hooper is certainly not a dominant TE and I highly doubt he will become one.

You're right, he may only end up being an average TE, but it isn't some situation with him where he's so bad that we have to go replace him with an average 32 year old TE who isn't even in the league right now. 

I'll never understand why people think they're smarter than 32 NFL GMs and coaches when it comes to washed up players.