I want Hageman back! He should be eligible to sign with a team now

gazoo

I want Shede Hageman the beast back on this team ASAP.  We need a big DT something terrible and he's sitting right there waiting for the phone to ring I'm sure.

He was suspended for 6 games, so he should be eligible for a team to sign him now in week 7. I want the Falcons to sign him. The whole situation is bizarre of how he was abruptly let go.  He  is way too good a player to be sitting an entire NFL season out. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I want Shede Hageman the beast back on this team ASAP.  We need a big DT something terrible and he's sitting right there waiting for the phone to ring I'm sure.

He was suspended for 6 games, so he should be eligible for a team to sign him now in week 7. I want the Falcons to sign him. The whole situation is bizarre of how he was abruptly let go.  He  is way too good a player to be sitting an entire NFL season out. 

Would he help?  Yes.  Did I think he was about to break out this year?  Yes.  Can I put my love of the Falcons above my respect for other human beings?  No.  There is more to this story.  Having the charge of  “cruelty to children” attached to your name is simply a deal breaker.  Do I think he beats children?  No.  But I’d need much more info. 

It's not clear how many games he has sat out yet.  When he was released before the season, it was reported that he was on the commissioners exempt list, basically indefinitely suspended.  The 6 game suspension wasn't announced until the Friday before the Lions game, but that could just be when it was announced.

If he was suspended the week before the Lions game, he'd be eligible to play week 10 vs the Cowboys.

Edit: Forgot about the bye week.  Week 9 vs the Panthers then.

I think the suspension kicked in after he was in the list for 2 games, so I don't to he's eligible yet anyway. I can't find anything about suspensions counting when you aren't on a roster either, so I'm confused on that if anyone can clear it up. I liked Rashede, though I don't like what he did. No one really knows the full story so it's not for me to judge

1 minute ago, Dem Birds said:

I think the suspension kicked in after he was in the list for 2 games, so I don't to he's eligible yet anyway. I can't find anything about suspensions counting when you aren't on a roster either, so I'm confused on that if anyone can clear it up. I liked Rashede, though I don't like what he did. No one really knows the full story so it's not for me to judge

I did read from a reliable source that they suspension for 6 games does include games played where he isn't on a team.

DQ talks brotherhood but I think partly because the DL from Cowboys had a good pre season the FO got over confident. Trust me there are much worse players in the NFL and on the Falcons then Hageman. He who is without sin cast the 1st stone including DQ,  TD and Blank. You don't just throw away a second round pick They didn't let Collins go the man was getting ready to BEAST. I wish he could be forgiven but I know it won't happen TD and the FO won't admit maybe they pulled the trigger too fast it is a team game and we need him to get back to the SB

It wouldn't surprise me if the Falcons gave Shede another chance. I know that they have never done this sort of thing in the past. However, Hageman is a scheme fit and at this point, he is the right person for the job. I'd like to see the signing with the announcement that he is going to counseling as well. 

1 hour ago, fed up !!! said:

I believe the "cruelty to children" charge stems from the child being present during the altercation between  Hageman and the child's mom.

Not trying to be rude, but don’t you think a child seeing that is damaging and cruel.  Hag’s is supposed to teach the child what love is and what it means to respect others.  Not how to beat your significant others ***.  Nah, don’t want him.

6 hours ago, gazoo said:

Let's just hope Dan Quinn is smart enough to realize that.

7 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Would he help?  Yes.  Did I think he was about to break out this year?  Yes.  Can I put my love of the Falcons above my respect for other human beings?  No.  There is more to this story.  Having the charge of  “cruelty to children” attached to your name is simply a deal breaker.  Do I think he beats children?  No.  But I’d need much more info. 

Child beater....? Did somebody say Adrian Peterson?