Patriots Envy

There's a whole lot of Patriots envy on this message board, rather some folks want to admit it or not. If there wasn't we wouldn't have a million threads about them on here all the time. But for all the envy folks have of them and all the crap these same posters give the hometown team, here's some food for thought. If the Falcons beat the Patriots, the Falcons will be 4-2 and the Patriots will be 4-3 and all 3 of the Patriots losses will be at home. Chew on that for a bit. For all of the crap some of you folks put us through with your absurdness about how the Patriots are this big bad monster that can't be beat, blah, blah, blah, well yeah. You get the point I'm trying to make here.

Edited by Falconsfan567
Meant 4-3 Patriots Record

Well, not for nothing - but the Patriots, despite all the talk about cheating and whatever - have been the most successfully consistent winner in the NFL over the last 2 decades.   There is a lot to envy.   I respect the accomplishments they've achieved, because cheating or not - what they've done is unbelievable.   Kudos to them.   They have fans that can post all their accomplishments though - I'm not.

I'm a Falcons fan - 100% through and through.  I'm rooting for the Falcons now - and I'll be rooting for them after this weekend - regardless of the outcome.   I'm proud of what they did last year - despite the horrendous end and I'm looking forward to what they'll get to again - and getting the job done, maybe not this year - but they will.

Patriots envy? This is game week vs. the Patriots. There are usually multiple threads involving the team we are playing that week.

Sure in other weeks we (including me) have become in many threads but that's because they became our main rival after what happened in the SB. I expect the Saints to return to their customary seat on that toilet eventually.

Edited by middlegatv

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's a whole lot of Patriots envy on this message board, rather some folks want to admit it or not. If there wasn't we wouldn't have a million threads about them on here all the time. But for all the envy folks have of them and all the crap these same posters give the hometown team, here's some food for thought. If the Falcons beat the Patriots, the Falcons will be 4-2 and the Patriots will be 3-2 and all 3 of the Patriots losses will be at home. Chew on that for a bit. For all of the crap some of you folks put us through with your absurdness about how the Patriots are this big bad monster that can't be beat, blah, blah, blah, well yeah. You get the point I'm trying to make here.

The Patriots are already 4-2.

7 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Well, not for nothing - but the Patriots, despite all the talk about cheating and whatever - have been the most successfully consistent winner in the NFL over the last 2 decades.   There is a lot to envy.   I respect the accomplishments they've achieved, because cheating or not - what they've done is unbelievable.   Kudos to them.   They have fans that can post all their accomplishments though - I'm not.

I'm a Falcons fan - 100% through and through.  I'm rooting for the Falcons now - and I'll be rooting for them after this weekend - regardless of the outcome.   I'm proud of what they did last year - despite the horrendous end and I'm looking forward to what they'll get to again - and getting the job done, maybe not this year - but they will.

I just get so sick of so many folks here acting like they're the Alabama of the NFL and that they're completely unbeatable. That Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are perfect and never make mistakes.

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just get so sick of so many folks here acting like they're the Alabama of the NFL and that they're completely unbeatable. That Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are perfect and never make mistakes.

They've definitely taken a tumble from grace this year... very beatable. We'll need to play well to beat them but the falcons best is better than the patriots best this year imo. And the falcons need to get through this game so we can get back to the business of winning this division. 

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I feel like it's not really Envy as much as it is wanting to get revenge for that nightmare we had to witness back in February.

I don't like that the Pats 2 losses have come at home because I feel like them opening up with 3 is going against law of averages.

That's the thing though, the Falcons could beat the Patriots the same way the Chiefs did and it's not going to mean anything except that the Falcons will be 4-2. It's not going to erase what happened in the SB. The SB happened. It's done and over with and I was over the loss the very next day.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's the thing though, the Falcons could beat the Patriots the same way the Chiefs did and it's not going to mean anything except that the Falcons will be 4-2. It's not going to erase what happened in the SB. The SB happened. It's done and over with and I was over the loss the very next day.

I'd be lying if I said it won't give me a little closure, more so because I feel like this is pretty much a must win forthis team's moral.

43 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

To be fair, the analogy to Bama is accurate, except the Pats have been doing it longer.  Doesn’t mean you can’t dethrone them.  That’s why 51 was such a bitter pill.  Commentators, experts and fans called us dynasty killers when up 28-3.  Do I covet the Lombardi the Pats ultimately won...yes.  But not envy.  I don’t want to be them, just beat them and maintain a standard of excellence like them.

Edited by Falconsin2012

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

I could not have said it any better.  Dilly, dilly, Tandy

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's a whole lot of Patriots envy on this message board, rather some folks want to admit it or not. If there wasn't we wouldn't have a million threads about them on here all the time. But for all the envy folks have of them and all the crap these same posters give the hometown team, here's some food for thought. If the Falcons beat the Patriots, the Falcons will be 4-2 and the Patriots will be 4-3 and all 3 of the Patriots losses will be at home. Chew on that for a bit. For all of the crap some of you folks put us through with your absurdness about how the Patriots are this big bad monster that can't be beat, blah, blah, blah, well yeah. You get the point I'm trying to make here.

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

24 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

To be fair, the analogy to Bama is accurate, except the Pats have been doing it longer.  Doesn’t mean you can’t dethrone them.  That’s why 51 was such a bitter pill.  Commentators, experts and fans called us dynasty killers when up 28-3.  Do I covet the Lombardi the Pats ultimately won...yes.  But not envy.  I don’t want to be them, just beat them and maintain a standard of excellence like them.

17 minutes ago, camfalcon said:

I don't envy them. I hate them.

I won't be upset if Grady is flagged for a late hit this week. 

4 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I could not have said it any better.  Dilly, dilly, Tandy

I know Brady and Bellicheck are the GOAT. I just want to beat the best this Sunday in a blowout. And beat them again in SB 52 in a blowout. 

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well, we have to beat our own record against them.   I believe that Ryan has beaten every team in the NFL except the Patriots & Steelers.   I also believe that Brady is 4-0 against the Falcons in regular season so this would be our chance to clear a few of those things up.

I sure hope we do.   I know we can without a doubt.   Whether we do or not remains to be seen.

22 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Well, we have to beat our own record against them.   I believe that Ryan has beaten every team in the NFL except the Patriots & Steelers.   I also believe that Brady is 4-0 against the Falcons in regular season so this would be our chance to clear a few of those things up.

I sure hope we do.   I know we can without a doubt.   Whether we do or not remains to be seen.

The Falcons beat The Falcons in SB 51. We basically handed them that win.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Agree. Except I'm still not over it. Not sure I ever will be totally. My mind still can't process that could actually happen. 

How do you compare a NFL team to a college team?

Pats have had more sucess in their professional careers  lately then alabama.

Even BB is better than Saban...

And who here says this 

"For all of the crap some of you folks put us through with your absurdness about how the Patriots are this big bad monsters and cant be beat"??

Its clear they can be beat..since no team other the fins have gone undefeated 

it kills me when fans take it to the extreme and say someone is acting like nobody can beat them....they are successful. They get praises for that..

Ppl need to stop acting so butthurt.

16 hours ago, Tandy said:

Well to be fair Ryan has only faced the Patriots twice, 2009 and 2013. 2009 he was still extremely young and the game was in New England and well, no shame in that loss. Then the other game in 2013, Falcons  should have won but that was those back-to-back home games against the Patriots and Jets where the defense decided not to show up in either game.

And you're right, Brady has never lost to the Falcons.