Cabin Fever

1 minute ago, The Great American said:

LOL!!  

The Mindset:  "The less we score ... the less we have to listen to that blasted noise!!" 

reading comprehension is not your forte is it? Use the Falcon Screech instead. Wonderlic about 5?

Edited by lidsville_falcon

I am actually starting to think that the Mercedes Benz Dome is a classic case of corporate greed backfiring. Yes there are a million ways for the Falcons and Blank to make money in that stadium, but it is an absolutely horrible atmosphere for the game, and I think actually sucks energy out of the team.

44 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I am actually starting to think that the Mercedes Benz Dome is a classic case of corporate greed backfiring. Yes there are a million ways for the Falcons and Blank to make money in that stadium, but it is an absolutely horrible atmosphere for the game, and I think actually sucks energy out of the team.

That's because no one is watching the game while they're there. Everyone is exploring the stadium rather than paying attention to the Falcons. It's barely home field advantage. 

1 hour ago, lidsville_falcon said:

it's the dumb *** train whistle, just use the Falcon screech!

I don't care for the train whistle/horn sound either because it is a thoughtless rip-off. All that money spent on the stadium, and I would think that you'd want an original effect. I think that the sound of multiple Falcons screeching and the halo lighting up with a very good animation of multiple birds screeching would be a good route to go. Maybe even something that looks somewhat Hitchcock-esque.

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

The Atlanta United games actually prove that it's more about the passion of the fans that make the biggest difference. The PSLs drained the fanbase that had any passion. Falcons just need to focus on putting on a good product while finding a way for more fans to afford attendance. 

14 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

The Atlanta United games actually prove that it's more about the passion of the fans that make the biggest difference. The PSLs drained the fanbase that had any passion. Falcons just need to focus on putting on a good product while finding a way for more fans to afford attendance. 

I do agree with that too.  The Falcons have never had a real passionate crowd, except for in the absolute biggest games.

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

I do agree with that too.  The Falcons have never had a real passionate crowd, except for in the absolute biggest games.

And I can't figure out why it's that way.  Did you see how Bulldog fans put the South in South Bend earlier this season? That looked great but Falcon fans who attend the games don't even stay in their seats and watch the game.    

1 hour ago, The Great American said:

And I can't figure out why it's that way.  Did you see how Bulldog fans put the South in South Bend earlier this season? That looked great but Falcon fans who attend the games don't even stay in their seats and watch the game.    

I was thinking the same thing watching the game last night. Did you hear the noise those fans were making? Did you notice all the seats were filled? We need that 12th man and noticed last Sunday way too many empty seats every time the camera panned across the seats even in the 3rd and 4th quarters. What is it? Tailgaters staying in the lots the whole game? Too much sideshow for fans at MB? Too many fans that don't really give a rip? Hope that situation improves.