Falcons PSL vs ALTUD non PSL tickets

Just now, falconsfansrus said:

Is it fair that the Falcons fans had to purchase PSL's yet the ALTUD fans are enjoying all the MB amenities without having to pay additional cost? Season tickets for the club level are only $ 53 per ticket....

It’s soccer though the fan base of that sport is way smaller in the USA no way people would pay PSLs for that.

It's really, really dumb.  I absolutely can't stand seeing these empty seats at falcons games.  There are always empty seats at our games, sure.  But not late in the 3rd quarter in a tight game.  That's new.  

Falcons fans cannot afford to go to the games. All those empty seats in the lower section?  The names attached to those seats are names of people who do not care about this team nearly as much as I do and it's annoying that I have effectively been priced out of rooting for my favorite team.

Edited by abstract

6 minutes ago, abstract said:

It's really, really dumb.  I absolutely can't stand seeing these empty seats at falcons games.  There are always empty seats at our games, sure.  But not late in the 3rd quarter in a tight game.  That's new.  

Falcons fans cannot afford to go to the games. All those empty seats in the lower section?  The names attached to those seats are names of people who do not care about this team nearly as much as I do and it's annoying that I have effectively been priced out of rooting for my favorite team.

This has been addressed many times, but I'll try again. The empty seats in the lower section are not empty because the fans are not at the game, they are empty because fans in those sections have the perks of getting to stand on the field behind the team benches or watching the game from inside of their club. The empty seats don't look great on TV, but the owners are at the game.

4 minutes ago, abstract said:

it's annoying that I have effectively been priced out of rooting for my favorite team.

This seems like a trend across the entire league, though.  Ticket prices everywhere continue to go through the roof, and the experience of going to a game (or an entire season's worth of games) is no longer worth the premium compared to watching a game at home on a huge HDTV.  For me (living in Seattle) I'll go to the game every time the Falcons are in town as a one-off ticket, but I'm not sure I would have season tickets even if I was a Seahawks fan.  It's just too big of an investment.

As more billion-dollar stadiums get built and fewer fans are showing up to the games, NFL owners are still squeezing out profits by raising ticket prices.  Eventually, though, they'll price everyone out of the market and the system will have to correct itself.  Hopefully that means lower prices.

The players keep talking about wanting "NBA money", but that's never going to happen.  The NFL has peaked in popularity and prices will eventually tumble.  That doesn't necessarily mean NFL profits tumble, but the league is going to have to do something to get fans back into the stadiums.

6 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

This has been addressed many times, but I'll try again. The empty seats in the lower section are not empty because the fans are not at the game, they are empty because fans in those sections have the perks of getting to stand on the field behind the team benches or watching the game from inside of their club. The empty seats don't look great on TV, but the owners are at the game.

This is what I used to think as well until my group of friends that were at the game last weekend told me that there was no way that the amount of people walking throughout the stadium equaled the amount of empty seats in the lower level.   That game was not close to sold out.  Those seats are owned by corporations .

27 minutes ago, abstract said:

This is what I used to think as well until my group of friends that were at the game last weekend told me that there was no way that the amount of people walking throughout the stadium equaled the amount of empty seats in the lower level.   That game was not close to sold out.  Those seats are owned by corporations .

I would respectfully disagree with your group of friends.  Not only are those people out of their seats but there are a few thousand standing room only ticket owners walking around too.  At the Bills game they had the pullout bleachers above the 300 level pulled out and people were sitting in those too.  

1 hour ago, esmithidoc said:

You can keep saying that if you want to. And you're right, it accounts for some of the empty seats. But it doesn't nearly account for all 80% of them behind the benches. Not to mention, there are significant numbers of empty seats ALL OVER the stadium, not just behind the benches. Maybe if you came into the stands and watched more often you might see that.

I know of several businesses of large and smaller size that have PSL's/Falcons tix to give out to their customers and they're having a difficult time giving away free tickets and they're going unused.  Between the cost of parking and the overall apathy towards the NFL product this year they're really struggling to give away the seats. One of the companies threw in a $150 giftcard to the team store, a parking pass and even then they ate at one of the restaurants and left due to the lack of interest in staying for the actual game. 

I'm personally seeing a few factors coming into play: 

-The cost of parking has doubled in most lots and while that happened mid-season last year, paying $50 for most of those closer lots is insane. 

-The cost of tickets even on the secondary market are insane, I know PSL folks are trying to make back the financial mistakes they made but they're going to find a lack of overall interest when tickets are exponentially more expensive when compared to 2016.   

-The loss of interest in the NFL due to the political climate is a real factor and driving a larger percentage of the crowd away than folks want to admit 

-The new stadium while it is nice, doesn't have the same close knit feel that the Dome had. The seats regardless of the level were much closer to the field and the views were better. (The height and distance from the field of the upper deck compared to the Dome isn't even comparable)  While it's great to have areas to explore, you go to a game to watch the actual game, not wander aimlessly.  The one game I've been to was rather disappointing, given the sheer size of the stadium I felt like was much further away from the action and by the 3rd quarter I found myself wandering around the stadium until I finally just left after running into too many crowded choke points. 

1 minute ago, aerosmith67 said:

-The new stadium while it is nice, doesn't have the same close knit feel that the Dome had. The seats regardless of the level were much closer to the field and the views were better. (The height and distance from the field of the upper deck compared to the Dome isn't even comparable)  While it's great to have areas to explore, you go to a game to watch the actual game, not wander aimlessly.  The one game I've been to was rather disappointing, given the sheer size of the stadium I felt like was much further away from the action and by the 3rd quarter I found myself wandering around the stadium until I finally just left after running into too many crowded choke points. 

Well said.  I've noticed the same thing.  Big difference.  I'll still go to a few games, but am better off to save my $$ and spend it if we go to the playoffs.  

Been to all 3 home games and the stadium was empty these last 2.  

Supply and demand will bring prices down.  I won't be going to any more home games for a while and I think others are feeling the same way.  

10 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

And that is all that matters to the owners.

If the tickets are sold then they make the money regardless.

Yup. It sucks that people aren't there for the game. It might be because it is so new that people are wandering around basically touring the stadium. 

1 hour ago, abstract said:

My Bills fan friends totally called me out on it. 

Not a good look at all. 

35 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

You can keep saying that if you want to. And you're right, it accounts for some of the empty seats. But it doesn't nearly account for all 80% of them behind the benches. Not to mention, there are significant numbers of empty seats ALL OVER the stadium, not just behind the benches. Maybe if you came into the stands and watched more often you might see that.

I'm a STH and on the lower level my entire row was empty, and it wasn't because they were out and about, it's because they weren't at the game. Look at stubhub and seatgeek, there are tons of tickets for sale. Us PSL holders got shafted. You can sit about anywhere you want for $200 if you buy a ticket from a 3rd party vendor, unless it's against dallas. 

Edited by lidsville_falcon

See I agree with all, I kind of got trashed when I posted my thoughts on the new stadium but I'm glad I'm not alone. Ps I made the comment that I couldn't go on the field bc of the garth brooks concert, well that was a disaster too.I heard The sound was so bad many fans asked for a refund for the concert. The honest truth is the stadium so far has been a big fail.

1 hour ago, notthatcool said:

I would respectfully disagree with your group of friends.  Not only are those people out of their seats but there are a few thousand standing room only ticket owners walking around too.  At the Bills game they had the pullout bleachers above the 300 level pulled out and people were sitting in those too.  

Well either way if they keep playing the way they've been playing it's not going to be an issue anymore.

The Altanta fan base isn't going to spend that kind of money if they don't believe in the team.... and losing to the Bills and Dolphins in back to back home games is a GREAT way to accomplish that.

The diehards will show up regardless of that but many of them have been priced out.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Well either way if they keep playing the way they've been playing it's not going to be an issue anymore.

The Altanta fan base isn't going to spend that kind of money if they don't believe in the team.... and losing to the Bills and Dolphins in back to back home games is a GREAT way to accomplish that.

The diehards will show up regardless of that but many of them have been priced out.

That is the beauty of the PSL.  They don't care.  You are on the hook for 30 years.  If you decide to not order tickets in the near future.... they get to make more money by re-selling your PSL to another person.  

2 hours ago, esmithidoc said:

If you count the number of people behind the respective team's benches and if all of those people were to sit in that lower section, there will still be many empty seats. Some people in the club section said there weren't that many people in there at the Dolphins game.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon

Just now, notthatcool said:

That is the beauty of the PSL.  They don't care.  You are on the hook for 30 years.  If you decide to not order tickets in the near future.... they get to make more money by re-selling your PSL to another person.  

Yeah good for the seller horrible for a buyer.

Years ago I compared it to paying money to be able to sit in a friends car while they drive it around, 10 times a year..... and you have to pay for gas.  That sounds like a horrible idea right?

And PSL isn't the right term.  It's a right to pay for season tickets. For X amount over how many years you get to buy season tickets at regular prices  You have to pay money in order to be able to spend money.  Where else would you do that?  Can you imagine what would happen if a Movie Theater tried that?

3 hours ago, esmithidoc said:

Not true. I am a club seat ticket holder also. But was not at the Miami game. I give the tickets to a relative but watched the game at home. I have attended all other home games. The amount of seats seen empty on TV would NOT be accounted for in the lounges and other amenities. Proof will be once the SEC is held in this stadium. Compare how it looks on TV then.