Justin Hardy: 42

Devonta Freeman: 42

Tevin Coleman: 18

Levine Toilolo: 15

Marvin Hall: 12

Derrick Coleman: 5

Andre Roberts: 5

Eric Saubert

Bluntly, I don’t get it. Gabriel and Hardy played most of game and had seven combined catches for 73 yards, while Marvin Hall had one grab for 40 yards on just 12 snaps, and Tevin Coleman improbably found his way to only 18 snaps and caught just one pass for four yards. Steve Sarkisian’s offense has had a very tough time getting Taylor Gabriel the ball in space, where he’s most useful, and Hardy continues to be a useful but lightly used option in the passing game. When you need big plays, there’s really no excuse for not putting Tevin Coleman out there in passing situations more often, and I think the offense really erred in not doing so.

Defense

Robert Alford: 67

Ricardo Allen: 67

Keanu Neal: 67

Deion Jones: 65

Desmond Trufant: 64

De’Vondre Campbell: 60

Dontari Poe: 52

Grady Jarrett: 50

Brian Poole: 38

Duke Riley: 35

Adrian Clayborn: 34

Brooks Reed: 29

Derrick Shelby: 29

Takkarist McKinley: 27

Vic Beasley: 26

Joe Vellano: 14

Taniela Tupou: 7

Kemal Ishmael: 3

Sharrod Neasman: 3

It will change at some point, but Duke Riley really is a liability at linebacker right now, and he’s playing over half the snaps against a game like Miami that likes to run a lot. He couldn’t stop Jay Ajayi, not that anyone could.

The most disappointing part of this game was how little pass rush the Falcons generated from anyone. They got more snaps out of Vic Beasley than I had anticipated, but he didn’t do any more than Takk, Shelby, Reed, or Clayborn, all of whom had ample opportunities. The defense wasn’t truly bad, but they sure as **** weren’t inspiring.

Special Teams

Kemal Ishmael: 18

C.J. Goodwin: 18

Jordan Tripp: 14

Derrick Coleman: 14

Eric Saubert: 14

Matt Bosher: 12

Sharrod Neasman: 10

It was an unusually bad day for special teams, too, though primarily because of a botched snap and some bad Matt Bosher punts. As always, you’re seeing the same core of guys that Keith Armstrong trusts working on special teams. At some point as the Falcons stop playing run-first teams, I’d like to see Goodwin actually get some time on the field with the defense, but he’s very obviously one of the guys who will never struggle to find time on teams.

The Big Thing that leaps out and screams at me is Tevin Coleman got only 18 SNAPS.  THATS INSANELY CRAZY!  i knew he didnt have many but only 18 while Gabriel logged 42!  I getting on the Beat up Sarkisian Bandwagon Immediately!  He has no idea how to make the máximum use of his talent.  This is sad.  Sad. Sad. Sad.  Hall comes out ballin and Sark sends him to timeout.  Ok ...he is a rookie.  But Coleman?  How do you not use Coleman more?

I agree with you at some point Quinn has to be like look i want these guys in the game , no ifs ands or buts about. Theres no reason as to why they wouldnt have split coleman outwide on at least half of those plays. It was ridiculous. He does not know how to utilize his guys properly. Im starting to think Ryan is the one coming up with the plays to make sark look somewhat competent. 

Defense has to step up. No stupid penalties or boneheaded plays. Just play fundamental football

Just now, lostnmexico said:

The Big Thing that leaps out and screams at me is Tevin Coleman got only 18 SNAPS.  THATS INSANELY CRAZY!  i knew he didnt have many but only 18 while Gabriel logged 42!  I getting on the Beat up Sarkisian Bandwagon Immediately!  He has no idea how to make the máximum use of his talent.  This is sad.  Sad. Sad. Sad.  Hall comes out ballin and Sark sends him to timeout.  Ok ...he is a rookie.  But Coleman?  How do you not use Coleman more?

Coleman should have been split outwide, thats just another case of big talk from Dan Quinn. They said they were excited to get coleman more involved in the passing game, now look what happens. Smh

Defensively, Jarret and Poe got too many snaps and I think they got worn out by Miami.  If Vellano and Tapou are not ready, bring in somebody who can get the job done NOW!  I hear all this talk about youth and trying to build a dynasty but the key to a dynasty is WINNING!  We are rewarding players with minutes who are NOT performing and that sends a very dangerous message that we play favorites with our rotations.

Quinn said earlier in his career that the best players will play.........to that point if these guys are the BEST we got....we need to get some more players!  They carried Brian Hill for 6 weeks and paid the man to be a spectator.  If that wasn't bad enough, they signed him to the PS so he can continue to share movie night with TD and Quinn.  We need to cut bait on some of these spectatin non producing occupiers of a roster spot.  They only thing some of these guys are good for is breathin air and collectin money!

There may be a few coaches who fit that description as well.

Edited by lostnmexico

54 minutes ago, caponine said:

Coleman should have been split outwide, thats just another case of big talk from Dan Quinn. They said they were excited to get coleman more involved in the passing game, now look what happens. Smh

if I see anyone else complain about "Freeman coming off the field" too much I'm gonna shame them Into oblivion.. they have no reason or excuse to complain 

46 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Defensively, Jarret and Poe got too many snaps and I think they got worn out by Miami.  If Vellano and Tapou are not ready, bring in somebody who can get the job done NOW!  I hear all this talk about youth and trying to build a dynasty but the key to a dynasty is WINNING!  We are rewarding players with minutes who are NOT performing and that sends a very dangerous message that we play favorites with our rotations.

Quinn said earlier in his career that the best players will play.........to that point if these guys are the BEST we got....we need to get some more players!  They carried Brian Hill for 6 weeks and paid the man to be a spectator.  If that wasn't bad enough, they signed him to the PS so he can continue to share movie night with TD and Quinn.  We need to cut bait on some of these spectatin non producing occupiers of a roster spot.  They only thing some of these guys are good for is breathin air and collectin money!

There may be a few coaches who fit that description as well.

Who do you suggest we bring in who can "gettge job done now"? Slim pickings and we already brought in 6 tryouts only to bring our own guy up from the PS.. should tell you what the FA market is like

I thought the defense was BAD on Sunday.  The only thing that stopped the Dolphins was the Dolphins.  And that was pretty sad considering the week before against the Titans, they had 13 drives at home and only one of them went more than 19 yards.  They went from seven three and outs last week to none against the Falcons.

6 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Who do you suggest we bring in who can "gettge job done now"? Slim pickings and we already brought in 6 tryouts only to bring our own guy up from the PS.. should tell you what the FA market is like

Odrick and or Dorsey would be immediate upgrades over Vellano and Tapou.  I think Babineaux would be better.  I thought Bowman would have been an upgrade over Riley.  There are options.

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

if I see anyone else complain about "Freeman coming off the field" too much I'm gonna shame them Into oblivion.. they have no reason or excuse to complain 

What's the point of getting snaps if you're not getting the ball? Snap counts aren't rushes or touches. He could be out there as a decoy. 

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I find it astonishing that Freeman got more than twice the snaps of Coleman. It sure didn't seem that way. It seemed every time I thought "we really need to run the ball here", Coleman was in the game. Or we threw it and Free was relegated to blitz pickup. Teco is a great breakaway threat, but he's not the engine that drives this offense like Freeman.

1 hour ago, lostnmexico said:

Hardy getting 42 and Gabriel getting 48  while Coleman sits is just as much a concern in my mind.

I agree. I'm just not a Hardy fan and Gabe is not the guy to go across the middle. I think we need to cross train Teco in the actual slot WR position. He could be just as deadly in YAC on a slant or quick seam route as Julio.

5 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

I find it astonishing that Freeman got more than twice the snaps of Coleman. It sure didn't seem that way. It seemed every time I thought "we really need to run the ball here", Coleman was in the game. Or we threw it and Free was relegated to blitz pickup. Teco is a great breakaway threat, but he's not the engine that drives this offense like Freeman.

False , did you see the snap count ?? He was in the game 70% of the time. Hears the hard truth, you notgonna like it. Devonta Freeman wasnt in the game because he wasnt doing anything in the game. He was about as useful as laroy reynolds last sunday. Neither of them had a good game. 

1 hour ago, caponine said:

False , did you see the snap count ?? He was in the game 70% of the time. Hears the hard truth, you notgonna like it. Devonta Freeman wasnt in the game because he wasnt doing anything in the game. He was about as useful as laroy reynolds last sunday. Neither of them had a good game. 

WHAT?!  What game are you watching?  Are you one of these Tevin Coleman defenders who cannot for the life of them give any kind of credit to Devonta?

Freeman averaged 7.6 YPC on Sunday while Coleman averaged 3.6...I don't know where you get off saying Freeman "wasn't doing anything in the game", "was about as useful as..." a player who didn't play and did not have "a good game".

You are delusional and flat out incorrect...

Just now, athell said:

WHAT?!  What game are you watching?  Are you one of these Tevin Coleman defenders who cannot for the life of them give any kind of credit to Devonta?

Freeman averaged 7.6 YPC on Sunday while Coleman averaged 3.6...I don't know where you get off saying Freeman "wasn't doing anything in the game", "was about as useful as..." a player who didn't play and did not have "a good game".

You are delusional and flat out incorrect...

One run that made his stats look better than what they were. You must be a freeman lover. He definitely ran , .... backwards of course. Lol well he wasnt, the truth hurts i guess lol. What were his stats ??Tell me .but like @SkerFalcon8710 pointed out , he was in the game 70% of the time. They just chose not to hand him the ball. I always give him credit btw. 

14 minutes ago, caponine said:

One run that made his stats look better than what they were. You must be a freeman lover. He definitely ran , .... backwards of course. Lol well he wasnt, the truth hurts i guess lol. What were his stats ??Tell me .but like @SkerFalcon8710 pointed out , he was in the game 70% of the time. They just chose not to hand him the ball. I always give him credit btw. 

You are insane.