Sark Sucks - Really Miss Shanny

NeonDeion

No, I don’t. Dude cost us a guaranteed Super Bowl. 

But, it is hard to tell if Sark is this bad or it’s just execution. Dropped balls, poor separation, Ryan’s throws have been off too.

Can someone with actual football knowledge break this down for us?

(it’s not me)

Would love if @PeytonMannings Forehead or someone else would break down the differences between Shanny of last year and Sark of this year. 

Thanks in advance

Well, Matt looked like **** his first year in Shannys offense too.

The only difference this year with Sark was supposed to be the play calling. But it honestly seems more like a team philosophy. We seem more bent on committing to the run this year at the expense of finding rhythm in our passing game.

Truth is, your best football player is a WR. You have to get him imvolved early and allow that to open up the run game. We have done a bad job of this year outside of the Packers game.

Its time to just cut it loose and get back to dominating the air waves.

3 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

No, I don’t. Dude cost us a guaranteed Super Bowl. 

But, it is hard to tell if Sark is this bad or it’s just execution. Dropped balls, poor separation, Ryan’s throws have been off too.

Can someone with actual football knowledge break this down for us?

(it’s not me)

Would love if @PeytonMannings Forehead or someone else would break down the differences between Shanny of last year and Sark of this year. 

Thanks in advance

No its not hard to tell, theres numerous analysis online, radio and on this forum going into depth on this stuff.  

5 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

No its not hard to tell, theres numerous analysis online, radio and on this forum going into depth on this stuff.  

Yeah I just found the other thread where PMF talks about it. I don’t trust most people who have zero football knowledge which is every talking head and 90% of the posters here (myself included)

54 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Why did people think that Sark' s scheme would resemble Shanahan's? I don't understand that.  Shanahan's don't resemble no one else's that run the WCO.  I don't think any OC's scheme in the NFL resembles any one of the others.

This is dumb. Shanahan’s offense is absolutely a normal WCO/outside zone offense. And Sark is running basically the same thing. 

Team kinda looks like it did to start last season and the season before that. We start slow for some reason.

Remember it was after the loss to KC in late November last year when we cranked it up. 

In short, its too early to tell or make any determinations right now. Just have to hope things settle in and click. 

2 minutes ago, RiseUpFalcs said:

Team kinda looks like it did to start last season and the season before that. We start slow for some reason.

Remember it was after the loss to KC in late November last year when we cranked it up. 

In short, its too early to tell or make any determinations right now. Just have to hope things settle in and click. 

The offense was great all season last year, with the exception of the first game and the Eagles game.

I hate Shanny for costing us the ring but we'd not have been in the Super Bowl if not for him. Our 2016 offense was one of the all time great NFL offenses. Too bad it ended up like the 1998 Vikings O or the 2007 Patriots O or the 2001 Rams - magical offenses but couldn't seal the deal.

We still have a race car. The driver has to let go of some of his inhibitions.

4 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Shanahan is a fraud. One good year out of how many years in the league? Fraud. New Primetime, you of all people  should know this. I really miss the old Primetime.

Lmao Shanahan did not have one good year. He's the only reason RG3 was as successful as he was and Matt Schaub had his best years under Shanny. Not a one trick pony.

Is it after 2 years of Matt and Shanny working together there is going to be a break in period with how Sark calls a game? Are the route trees slightly different? Causing timing and throws to be off? I just can't believe that as good as the timing was between Matt and all the WR's that all of a sudden they all just forgot. 

I hope they figure it out this Sunday and get on a roll. Maybe being away from home will do them a little good for a change

33 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Lmao Shanahan did not have one good year. He's the only reason RG3 was as successful as he was and Matt Schaub had his best years under Shanny. Not a one trick pony.

One good year, regardless who he had. One good year. If he wasn't a fraud, then he could use anyone and produce the results he got last year.

FRAUD!!!!

20 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

One good year, regardless who he had. One good year. If he wasn't a fraud, then he could use anyone and produce the results he got last year.

FRAUD!!!!

He’s Produced 3 pro bowl qb’s for 3 different teams and heavy only OC’d 4. The only time he didn’t OC a qb to the pro bowl was the browns. Schaub’s only pro bowl wa  with shanny, RG3’s  only pro bowl with shanny AND OROTY. Matt was the best qb he ever had and look what happened with that? MVP. I don’t like how he abandoned the run sometimes but he’s  no fraud. One of the best playcallers in the nfl. Top 3. 

4 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

That was due more-so to poor execution from the players than Shanahan’s fault. 

This time, I can’t say it’s a player issue with Sark’s scheme.

Then you haven't watched any of our games. Missed blocks, missed assignments, miscommunication, and FOUR interceptions off of tipped balls by our players and you don't think it's an execution issue? That's trying to stir the pot.

14 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

He’s Produced 3 pro bowl qb’s for 3 different teams and heavy only OC’d 4. The only time he didn’t OC a qb to the pro bowl was the browns. Schaub’s only pro bowl wa  with shanny, RG3’s  only pro bowl with shanny AND OROTY. Matt was the best qb he ever had and look what happened with that? MVP. I don’t like how he abandoned the run sometimes but he’s  no fraud. One of the best playcallers in the nfl. Top 3. 

He's a fraud. I don't see what you all are seeing. These guys were on their way before he showed up. He didn't produce anything.  Just rode the little talent they had, then had them regressed like McNabb and others. If he was so great, he would have left those organizations in better shape than before he got there. Fraud.

4 hours ago, JDaveG said:

This is dumb. Shanahan’s offense is absolutely a normal WCO/outside zone offense. And Sark is running basically the same thing. 

It's the same thing with a few of Sark's wrinkles but what set Shanahan apart was his knack to call the right play at the right time. I don't see that with Sark so far.

1 hour ago, Falcan Moore said:

Then you haven't watched any of our games. Missed blocks, missed assignments, miscommunication, and FOUR interceptions off of tipped balls by our players and you don't think it's an execution issue? That's trying to stir the pot.

Yeah other than game one the results have been on the players. 

3 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

It's the same thing with a few of Sark's wrinkles but what set Shanahan apart was his knack to call the right play at the right time. I don't see that with Sark so far.

Funny how the right play works better when someone doesn't hold or fumble or spot up a volleyball set.