4 hours ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

I think this season is about focus. I think we got comfortable 2nd half vs Miami and overlooked to this game. Missing sanu hurts because after Julio no one is over 6 ft. This game will tell us who we are. 

I absolutely agree...they have been waiting for this game for the last 8 months. 

1 hour ago, achin2be said:

The statement speaks for itself. Vastly superior? Nah ... 4 out of 5 games NE beats Miami IMHO because that team is coached well and disciplined. You and I both know on paper we should have beaten Miami. No excuses. Sure any team can be beat on Sunday but we are starting to see a pattern of sloppy undisciplined play from a star studded roster. All I'm saying is let's wait and see if we can prove the world wrong Sunday night before we feel better about what the **** is going on.

Since you titled this "serious question", I thought you might actually want to know why some think we can beat the Patriots.  Seems like you just want them to be as disappointed as you are.

5 hours ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

I think this season is about focus. I think we got comfortable 2nd half vs Miami and overlooked to this game. Missing sanu hurts because after Julio no one is over 6 ft. This game will tell us who we are. 

I've seen this sentiment a lot on the board since the Buffalo game, and to me this is just not a rational excuse.  You're stating that we absolutely cannot be without Julio and/or Sanu in every game or our offense won't work.  I get the argument that our offense is broken without BOTH of them, as would be the case with any team missing its top 2 WRS (except the giants, evidently), but we are in serious trouble if we can't function as a team if either one of those two guys isn't healthy.  If that's the case, we just need to admit the fact that we have terrible WR depth, which I don't believe is true.

Edited by Kerwin
23 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Since you titled this "serious question", I thought you might actually want to know why some think we can beat the Patriots.  Seems like you just want them to be as disappointed as you are.

You're looking into this too hard. I saw all the " I think we're gonna beat the pats." threads and I wondered why they feel so confident when we couldn't even beat buffalo and Miami. Good defenses but let's face it we should have won. Those 2 losses with come back to haunt us in December. Once again I'm just waiting to know their logic. I myself see hope in this team and my main disappointment has been in the last 2 losses and sloppy undisciplined play.

17 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Any Given Sunday.  Plus, we have the talent and experience to beat any team in the NFL.  Whether it all comes together on Sunday remains to be seen.  I would much rather face NE than Philly

Any given Sunday against Brady at home? Falcons are gonna have to bust their ***** to win.

4 hours ago, Kerwin said:

I've seen this sentiment a lot on the board since the Buffalo game, and to me this is just not a rational excuse.  You're stating that we absolutely cannot be without Julio and/or Sanu in every game or our offense won't work.  I get the argument that our offense is broken without BOTH of them, as would be the case with any team missing its top 2 WRS (except the giants, evidently), but we are in serious trouble if we can't function as a team if either one of those two guys isn't healthy.  If that's the case, we just need to admit the fact that we have terrible WR depth, which I don't believe is true.

Buffalo game was injuries, in my opinion. Miami I fully believe was a focus issue. Just I'm ignorant opinion. Execution was terrible. Young guys do dumb things, I believe they could've gotten to comfortable and let up. Just my thought