RELAX. Only 16/51 top passers in the league have won a Superbowl

BLM

only 31% of the top 51 passers in history have won at least 1 out of 51 superbowls.    each year only 1/32 teams win the superbowl.  assuming perfect parity, that means you have a 3% chance of winning each year.  that means you'd have to play for 22 years to have a 50% chance of winning the superbowl.  that's unrealistic for any qb.  tom brady, probably the oldest qb in the league has only played for 17 years

relax.  if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen.

Edited by BLM

1 minute ago, BLM said:

only 31% of the top 51 passers in history have won at least 1 out of 51 superbowls.    each year only 1/32 teams win the superbowl. assuming perfect parity, you'd have to play for 22 years before you have a 50% chance of winning the superbowl.  that's unrealistic for any qb.  tom brady, probably the oldest qb in the league has only played for 17 years

Fair Weather Fan Alert..........but I have something for you:

What It Takes to be Number One

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

Every time a football player goes to ply his trade he's got to play from the ground up - from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization - an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win - to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there - to compete. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules - but to win.

And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

I don't say these things because I believe in the ‘brute' nature of men or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour -- his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear -- is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

- Coach Vincent T. Lombardi
FYI Fairweather Fan.....they named the trophy after this dude!

Tom Brady usually has a good defense to back him up and Bellicheck.

If Matt Ryan had Bill Bellicheck as a coach and the defense Tom Brady has had over the years he would have a couple of rings at least.

As good as Aaron Rodgers is he only has one ring because he has a barely average defense and slightly above average coaching.

1 minute ago, lostnmexico said:

Fair Weather Fan Alert..........but I have something for you:

What It Takes to be Number One

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

Every time a football player goes to ply his trade he's got to play from the ground up - from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization - an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win - to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there - to compete. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules - but to win.

And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

I don't say these things because I believe in the ‘brute' nature of men or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour -- his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear -- is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

- Coach Vincent T. Lombardi
FYI Fairweather Fan.....they named the trophy after this dude!

you win some you lose some.  that's just how life goes. you can't expect to win 100% of the time

Edited by BLM

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If Matt Ryan had Bill Bellicheck as a coach and the defense Tom Brady has had over the years he would have a couple of rings at least.

As good as Aaron Rodgers is he only has one ring because he has a barely average defense and slightly above average coaching.

only 3% chance of winning each year.  

Re: Tom Brady and Bill Belichick

Never understood ths argument... matt doesn't have Belichick as his head coach, and he's not tom Brady, who happens to be GOAT QB. 

The greats get it done. Matt needs to get it done to etch his own place in history. 

2 minutes ago, BLM said:

you win some you lose some.  that's just how life goes. you can't expect to win 100% of the time

Tell that to the 1972 Miami Dolphins.  I reiterate:

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place.

We must cultivate this habit in Atlanta.  Quinn needs to channel his inner Lombardi if he has one and demand excellence....... not just some of the time, but ALL of the time.

19 minutes ago, BLM said:

only 31% of the top 51 passers in history have won at least 1 out of 51 superbowls.    each year only 1/32 teams win the superbowl.  assuming perfect parity, that means you have a 3% chance of winning each year.  that means you'd have to play for 22 years to have a 50% chance of winning the superbowl.  that's unrealistic for any qb.  tom brady, probably the oldest qb in the league has only played for 17 years

Oh look another underhanded attempt to dis Ryan.  You should have your own comedy show.  Does anyone else read through this as easily as I do?  

Is Swift back as BLM or what?

LMFAO

Image result for you're fooling no one gifs

6 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Oh look another underhanded attempt to dis Ryan.  You should have your own comedy show.  Does anyone else read through this as easily as I do?  

Is Swift back as BLM or what?

LMFAO

Image result for you're fooling no one gifs

those are straight facts.  look them up yourself if you don't believe.  the odds of winning a superbowl are against us.  if ryan doesn't win one he doesn't win one.  the odds were stacked against him to begin with.  its ok.

Edited by BLM

2 minutes ago, BLM said:

those are straight facts.  look them up yourself if you don't believe.  the odds of winning a superbowl are against us.  if ryan doesn't win one he doesn't win one.  the odds were stacked against him to begin with.  its ok.

So is what I said.  Straight facts.

20 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Tell that to the 1972 Miami Dolphins.  I reiterate:

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place.

We must cultivate this habit in Atlanta.  Quinn needs to channel his inner Lombardi if he has one and demand excellence....... not just some of the time, but ALL of the time.

except it's unrealistic to win 100% of the time.  you need realistic expectations. if you tel lsomeone this stock goes up 100% of the time, are they gonna believe you?

Edited by BLM

23 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I know. If Dan Quinn can build our defense up we will have a good chance to win a SB.

I think the way this season is going we have just as good of a chance to win the SB as anybody. It's been so unpredictable. 

yep assuming parity everyone has a equal 3% chance of winning

23 minutes ago, BLM said:

except it's unrealistic to win 100% of the time.  you need realistic expectations. if you tel lsomeone this stock goes up 100% of the time, are they gonna believe you?

I swear, self-described "realists" have some of  the most cancerous attitudes and outlooks. 

Thank you for pointing out the obvious that no one wins 100% of the time. That's not the point. The point is having a winning attitude, a winning work ethic, and a winning method of doing things.

Saying "oh well, many have tried and most have failed" is a loser's, glass-is-half-empty mentality. Nobody needs that.

25 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I swear, self-described "realists" have some of  the most cancerous attitudes and outlooks. 

Thank you for pointing out the obvious that no one wins 100% of the time. That's not the point. The point is having a winning attitude, a winning work ethic, and a winning method of doing things.

Saying "oh well, many have tried and most have failed" is a loser's, glass-is-half-empty mentality. Nobody needs that.

With all due respect, I think a lot of this is false narrative. 

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Everybody always says this about Brady and Belichick. But Belichick only won a single playoff game without Brady. While he has 25 with him 

2 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

How so?

Survivor bias, largely. 

Whenever you're playing with nebulous things like "winner attitude" or "loser mentality" you're treading on dangerous ground. The biggest concern is that those things tend to work backwards, from result to process. We see who wins and how they win, then we ascribe judgment as to their attitude in a retrospective fashion. 

But theres not really anything to say those judgments are objectively true. How are we differentiating a team that wins because of their "winning attitude" from a team that wins because of superior skill or strategy or athletic talent? 

While I'd guess that there are some differences between teams in terms of things like "competitiveness" etc., I doubt the difference is significant. Every NFL team is composed of ~65 dudes who have come so far as to reach the pinnacle of their profession. The vast majority of them have worked their tail off to get where they are among a sea of similarly situated folks who didnt make it, either by merit or chance. The very nature of the NFL is such that it selects for those attitudes. 

Thats not to say that mental status/confidence/etc have absolutely no bearing on anything. Instead, its more an objection to the idea that a given winning team is somehow more competitive/tougher/"wants it more"/etc than a losing team. I'd guess most of those things are close to equal across the league. 

8 minutes ago, boombox54 said:

Everybody always says this about Brady and Belichick. But Belichick only won a single playoff game without Brady. While he has 25 with him 

How many wins does Brady have without Belichick? 

People really have to stop trying to act like they can parse out which one of those dudes is "responsible" for the team's success. It's like arguing whether hydrogen or oxygen is responsible for water. The reality is, you can't have water without both.