Tell us how you really feel

Skeetbird

It's kind of humorous to read the meltdowns involved after Falcon's losses. Don't get me wrong I feel your pain, your frustration, your anger.  But what I find funny (as I thought about things yesterday) is how many of you will start or even comment on a thread that has a link back to another teams boards so that everyone can gloat at their misery etc for their team. Yeah that seems funny don't it. This falcon team has no room to be talking about any other teams fans. Because to be honest, we are right up there with them ....we whine we cry we moan and groan. And I wouldn't be shocked if we starred on some of their MB's threads. You know what? I don't care. 

At the end of the day I am a Falcon fan. Have been all my life. I'm 52 years old and have seen it all (except a superbowl win). I am glad the days of 3-13 and 5-11 season are gone. I'm glad to have seen my birds in the superbowl. Some people never see their teams there. But I'm a longsuffering fan who says Bullcrap. That's not enough. I sit and wonder if we will ever win one. This maybe next year mentality is old. VERY old. I guess when you get a taste of success and that success isn't year in and out  like say New England ( hate them ) Then the TASTE makes you want it more.Especially if you have suffered through the 70's 80's and saw a little success here and there. But not enough to feel justified for being a fan. The fans in New England they don't feel this frustration anymore. They can say "maybe next year" and mean it. We can't. We are fricking Falcon fans.

It seems like there is always going to be something that keeps us from getting what we want. Is it a curse. Do we believe our players are better than what they actually are? I don't know. I try to look on the positive side. And actually posted stats for showing that our defense was ranked 10th. Well , that was a bad idea. How dare anyone have something positive to say. It wasn't about giving the defense a pass for not getting to the QB. I tried to give a silver lining. And obviously some of you cant handle any positive after two losses in a row and most likely three. That's cool i don't fault you guys for venting. I've been there. I guess I have been a fan so long maybe I just expect to suck. And we do.

The NFL seems to be out of Sark's league. Our coordinators don't seem to know how to call a game on either side of the ball. Lot's of bonehead plays on the defense kept the offense on the field. I mean really Jarret? 

I'm a Falcon fan. I can't change it. It's in my blood. But at some point you get to the point where you wonder if it's worth the heartache. In 1999 I laid the Braves down and never picked them back up.I couldn't take it anymore. I doubt I could ever do that with the Falcons. But they don't make it easy. Do they?

How I Really feel? 

Tbh.. Quinn is starting to lose me. 

I love Quinn and what he's done to this team don't get it twisted but I'm starting to see a pattern that he does t seem to see hisself. 

Yes we are the uneducated fan and we don't get paid millions to do this. But hear me out. 

Dq was yards away seeing how playcalling and execution took a super bowl out of his grasp. At that point as a coach or coordinator to me I would make sure that didn't happen again. 

Then you get your own team and in two years are a few plays from getting your own ring and yet you allow the coordinator to take control and literally throw your sb away.. 

Now the following year, looking to avenge the last and he still hasn't figured it out. I don't like Sark tbh from the 5 games + preseason but I can't put it all on him, he's a rookie plain and simple. But Quinn doesn't have the gall to take control and put his foot down twice this year AT HOME!! walk on the field and hand the ball off yourself if need be. But the glimmer of the gold is starting to fade off a little. 

I really hope we get it together but I can't lie and say dq isn't starting to show chinks in his armor to me

I was angry as **** at the clown show on Sunday.  My expectations were not even remotely met.  

Maybe that's just my personal reaction.  If that is humorous then so be it.  At least it's genuine.  

I expected we'd never see a meltdown like the SB, but I was wrong.  That really pizzes me off frankly. 

Then again, I'm just a fan who probably takes a game, and my team much too seriously.  I shouldn't be as emotionally invested I guess.

No they don't amigo and I think we royally screwed up letting some of the more experienced coaches go.  These Young bucks are not going to give the same respect to a rookie coordinator that they would give to a 20 year coaching veteran.  I gave it the benefit of a doubt but honestly, I don't think its gonna work.  We needed Bowman.  They pass.  We need lots of things but they wanna go in house cause its the Falcons way.  Until we win a Lombardi, the Falcons way just may not cut it.  I am worried amigo.I am worried that this Young staff may just loose this team and if they do, we have loads of ugliness in our future.

Trufant out there freestyling, Jarrett with the bone crushing penalty shot, Riley....well Riley is just out there looking good wit his Jerry curl self.

Debo has gotten a pass but we need more tackles out of him.  How about meeting the ball carrier at the line or in the backfield?  All he wants to do is Kieth Brooking!  Lawd help us!

I am not even gonna start on a lollygagging offense that gained only 29 yards in a half til we had three minutes left then everybody says....Lets Gooo only to have the Miami Safety go and get it!  Game over.

Edited by lostnmexico

9 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

How I Really feel? 

Tbh.. Quinn is starting to lose me. 

I love Quinn and what he's done to this team don't get it twisted but I'm starting to see a pattern that he does t seem to see hisself. 

Yes we are the uneducated fan and we don't get paid millions to do this. But hear me out. 

Dq was yards away seeing how playcalling and execution took a super bowl out of his grasp. At that point as a coach or coordinator to me I would make sure that didn't happen again. 

Then you get your own team and in two years are a few plays from getting your own ring and yet you allow the coordinator to take control and literally throw your sb away.. 

Now the following year, looking to avenge the last and he still hasn't figured it out. I don't like Sark tbh from the 5 games + preseason but I can't put it all on him, he's a rookie plain and simple. But Quinn doesn't have the gall to take control and put his foot down twice this year AT HOME!! walk on the field and hand the ball off yourself if need be. But the glimmer of the gold is starting to fade off a little. 

I really hope we get it together but I can't lie and say dq isn't starting to show chinks in his armor to me

We should've hired Rex Ryan when we had the chance.

57 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

It's kind of humorous to read the meltdowns involved after Falcon's losses. Don't get me wrong I feel your pain, your frustration, your anger.  But what I find funny (as I thought about things yesterday) is how many of you will start or even comment on a thread that has a link back to another teams boards so that everyone can gloat at their misery etc for their team. Yeah that seems funny don't it. This falcon team has no room to be talking about any other teams fans. Because to be honest, we are right up there with them ....we whine we cry we moan and groan. And I wouldn't be shocked if we starred on some of their MB's threads. You know what? I don't care. 

At the end of the day I am a Falcon fan. Have been all my life. I'm 52 years old and have seen it all (except a superbowl win). I am glad the days of 3-13 and 5-11 season are gone. I'm glad to have seen my birds in the superbowl. Some people never see their teams there. But I'm a longsuffering fan who says Bullcrap. That's not enough. I sit and wonder if we will ever win one. This maybe next year mentality is old. VERY old. I guess when you get a taste of success and that success isn't year in and out  like say New England ( hate them ) Then the TASTE makes you want it more.Especially if you have suffered through the 70's 80's and saw a little success here and there. But not enough to feel justified for being a fan. The fans in New England they don't feel this frustration anymore. They can say "maybe next year" and mean it. We can't. We are fricking Falcon fans.

It seems like there is always going to be something that keeps us from getting what we want. Is it a curse. Do we believe our players are better than what they actually are? I don't know. I try to look on the positive side. And actually posted stats for showing that our defense was ranked 10th. Well , that was a bad idea. How dare anyone have something positive to say. It wasn't about giving the defense a pass for not getting to the QB. I tried to give a silver lining. And obviously some of you cant handle any positive after two losses in a row and most likely three. That's cool i don't fault you guys for venting. I've been there. I guess I have been a fan so long maybe I just expect to suck. And we do.

The NFL seems to be out of Sark's league. Our coordinators don't seem to know how to call a game on either side of the ball. Lot's of bonehead plays on the defense kept the offense on the field. I mean really Jarret? 

I'm a Falcon fan. I can't change it. It's in my blood. But at some point you get to the point where you wonder if it's worth the heartache. In 1999 I laid the Braves down and never picked them back up.I couldn't take it anymore. I doubt I could ever do that with the Falcons. But they don't make it easy. Do they?

How do I really feel?

I really feel like the Falcons will never win a Superbowl.

Last year was the BEST Falcon team they had  by far.... and it's becoming clear the one this year won't be half as good.

And what did the greatest Falcon team do?  They choked .... not just choked but the GREATEST choke in history.  When you look it up in the dictionary it will reference that game.

That's the defining moment for the Falcons.... choking.  2016...2012...etc..

That's what Falcons do.....

Same result over and over and over.......  I've come to the conclusion that spending a dollar to watch them is wasting money.  If I wasn't getting Sunday Ticket for free I would only be watching the games after the fact.

I'm still a fan but I'm not as diehard as I was.... and am realizing that there are better things to do than sit through the disappointment that is watching the Falcons choke...

That's how I really feel.... 

1 hour ago, Skeetbird said:

I agree. I think it's funny that we post other messageboards over their meltdowns,  then we have one (or two, three, or four) of our own. 

1 minute ago, GhostofGritz said:

I emotionally distanced myself from this team a few years ago. Some might argue that makes me less of a fan. I've lived enough life to not really care about the opinions of most people...just a select few. I know I've enjoyed being a fan much more since I've somewhat stiff armed this team.

As I've gotten older I'm come to understand it's pointless for me to worry about or lose sleep over things I can't control. Obviously I have zero amount of influence over what actually happens regarding the Atlanta Falcons. If they continue to only tease us fans with potential greatness that says a helluva lot more about them then it does any of us.

I'll still watch every Sunday, be happy when they do well and be disappointed when they fail...but when it's the day after either result you probably couldn't tell which happened by having a conversation with or just observing me.

This^^^

GRITZ, I too have learned this valuable lesson over some years.

4 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

I emotionally distanced myself from this team a few years ago. Some might argue that makes me less of a fan. I've lived enough life to not really care about the opinions of most people...just a select few. I know I've enjoyed being a fan much more since I've somewhat stiff armed this team.

As I've gotten older I'm come to understand it's pointless for me to worry about or lose sleep over things I can't control. Obviously I have zero amount of influence over what actually happens regarding the Atlanta Falcons. If they continue to only tease us fans with potential greatness that says a helluva lot more about them then it does any of us.

I'll still watch every Sunday, be happy when they do well and be disappointed when they fail...but when it's the day after either result you probably couldn't tell which happened by having a conversation with or just observing me.

Well stated amigo.

I hope to god Quinn doesn't turn out to be Mora II  (or I guess that should be Mora III)

I'm not suggesting that it's the case, but the thought has occurred to me, you know, a coach comes in and rah-rah's the troops to (almost) the Promised Land...and then has nothing else to bring to the table.  And pretty much loses the team. 

I hope that doesn't happen with Quinn. 

18 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

I remember you from my earliest days on this MB. I actually  walked away from here for several years and only lurked from time to time. Not much has changed here has it? Just names. But the MB is still the MB. I understand exactly what you're feeling been there.

14 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

Thanks brother. As much as I love sports and being a sports fan, no team I follow has earned the right to change my overall mood or make me lose sleep. They aren't friends or family. They're a team I chose to be a fan of. That's all.

There was a guy here after the superbowl who went to therapy because of it. Now I'm not making light of this guys situation. BUT no I dont love any team that much.

37 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

How do I really feel?

I really feel like the Falcons will never win a Superbowl.

Last year was the BEST Falcon team they had  by far.... and it's becoming clear the one this year won't be half as good.

And what did the greatest Falcon team do?  They choked .... not just choked but the GREATEST choke in history.  When you look it up in the dictionary it will reference that game.

That's the defining moment for the Falcons.... choking.  2016...2012...etc..

That's what Falcons do.....

Same result over and over and over.......  I've come to the conclusion that spending a dollar to watch them is wasting money.  If I wasn't getting Sunday Ticket for free I would only be watching the games after the fact.

I'm still a fan but I'm not as diehard as I was.... and am realizing that there are better things to do than sit through the disappointment that is watching the Falcons choke...

That's how I really feel.... 

Up until last year  I had been to at least one game every year for 12-13 years and had only seen them lose twice. Pretty good record huh? Well last year it didnt work out and I didnt get to go. This year I  made the choice to not go. Tickets are too high and I don't know. I think I have grown numb after all these years. I wouldnt turn down free tickets..lol but I won't pay to watch them play like The tennessee Vols

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I was angry as **** at the clown show on Sunday.  My expectations were not even remotely met.  

Maybe that's just my personal reaction.  If that is humorous then so be it.  At least it's genuine.  

I expected we'd never see a meltdown like the SB, but I was wrong.  That really pizzes me off frankly. 

Then again, I'm just a fan who probably takes a game, and my team much too seriously.  I shouldn't be as emotionally invested I guess.

I couldn't have said it better myself.  You described exactly how I felt on Sunday.  This was the first time in years that I have been actually mad about a Falcon's Game, and honestly, I shouldn't do that.  I have high blood pressure, and a myriad of other things to worry about.  I have just invested so much in this team over my nearly 47 years, that I want this group to finally deliver us a championship.  The maddening part is that they are capable, but I am just not seeing the passion!  How about someone step up and be upset?  I for one am tired of all the excuses. We need to fix this.  We need to fix that.  Blah, blah, blah.  How about some real passion!

28 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I hope to god Quinn doesn't turn out to be Mora II  (or I guess that should be Mora III)

I'm not suggesting that it's the case, but the thought has occurred to me, you know, a coach comes in and rah-rah's the troops to (almost) the Promised Land...and then has nothing else to bring to the table.  And pretty much loses the team. 

I hope that doesn't happen with Quinn. 

Very real possibility...

4 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I couldn't have said it better myself.  You described exactly how I felt on Sunday.  This was the first time in years that I have been actually mad about a Falcon's Game, and honestly, I shouldn't do that.  I have high blood pressure, and a myriad of other things to worry about.  I have just invested so much in this team over my nearly 47 years, that I want this group to finally deliver us a championship.  The maddening part is that they are capable, but I am just not seeing the passion!  How about someone step up and be upset?  I for one am tired of all the excuses. We need to fix this.  We need to fix that.  Blah, blah, blah.  How about some real passion!

I like what GhostofGritz said about not allowing yourself to get that emotionally caught up that it causes me very real emotional stress and anger.  I so do not want to be this way either.  Unfortunately I am however and need to work on it.  The team will do what they do, no matter how emotionally involved I get.  Sure hope they gel Sunday and they can play fundamentally sound football.  It'd sure be nice to be 4-2 & put that SB horror story in the rear view mirror.  Not sure if this is what is bothering the team but a win sure would be a mental lift for them.

1 hour ago, GhostofGritz said:

Great point.

I'm slowly getting to that mindset. I told myself after the Super Bowl to not get so emotionally invested in this team. I didn't, and then I had to catch myself last Sunday because I almost lost it. The good thing is those episodes are getting a lot shorter.

Edited by JerseyNo12

53 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

octo, I said the same thing to Supes at the end of the game Sunday. 

"Is Quinn too close to these guys? He keeps talking to them about finishing and they're still not doing it. Are they tuning him out already? Is he another Mora?"

I learned a while back that win or lose, me watching football (team win or lose) does not affect my life in any appreciable way.  I still have bills to pay, family to take care of, joys to be found.

I remember reading about a year ago an article on Belichick.  Basically, it said that during film review the Monday's after a game, it didn't matter who you were, he would point out your mistakes and beat on you to not only understand that you screwed up, but to almost embarrass the player.  He did it in a professional manner.  I remember the article was talking about a play where Brady made a bad read and ended up throwing a pick.  Throughout the film session when something went bad after the pick, Belichick would pull the INT back up and say something like, "If you didn't make a bad read here Brady, we wouldn't be in the situation where player X made this mistake".  Not only did he do this during the film review but anytime it was relevant during practice.  And it just wasn't big mistakes like INT's but even things like missed tackles or taking bad angles that resulted in something negative for the team.  I think the point was that Belichick did not try and get on the players good side.  He is professional, expects players to act this way, own their mistakes and if you make one you will know about it.  I've also heard that Cower did the same thing when he was at Pittsburgh.

Just a thought because those two guys have been two of the most successful coaches in the past 20 years.  Maybe Quinn is a little to much touchy feely and the team has stopped trying as hard.  I don't know.  I hope not, but the play this year has squarely fallen on the shoulders of the players and one of the major factors has been effort.

I feel the same about the Falcons as I always have.    I guess I'm most upset that they still haven't learned that it begins and ends with the lines.

I watched all the fans going on about 16-0 and Super Bowl this year before the season and I just sat back with my brows arched.   I didn't expect it.   I expected something a little like what we are seeing.   Am I disappointed about the losses? - yes - I always am.   Am I surprised? - no.

I'm just not.   I can't act like I am.   Will I root for them to win every game?  Yes, I will.   Will I go to every game possible?  Yes, I will.   Do I think that next year will be the year everyone thought this year would be?  Yes, I do.   Is that a guarantee?  Nope.  Will it change how I feel about the Falcons?  Nope.

3 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I feel the same about the Falcons as I always have.    I guess I'm most upset that they still haven't learned that it begins and ends with the lines.

I watched all the fans going on about 16-0 and Super Bowl this year before the season and I just sat back with my brows arched.   I didn't expect it.   I expected something a little like what we are seeing.   Am I disappointed about the losses - yes - I always am.   Am I surprised - no.

I'm just not.   I can't act like I am.   Will I root for them to win every game?  Yes, I will.   Will I go to every game possible?  Yes, I will.   Do I think that next year will be the year everyone thought this year would be?  Yes, I do.

Yeah honestly to make it to back to back SB's aint easy. And while I would love to see them go back this year. It's probably not going to happen. Next year sadly may be the year. But as a Falcon fan I can't feel confident in that.