What's up with the stupid horn that goes off at the dome?

jj00100

It just doesn't fit our team, it doesn't pump me up when i hear that sound. that sound is pretty stupid IMO. I don't think it does anything for the players either. Did the falcon bird noise sound go away after the GA DOME? 

What's cool is the Vikings horn noise

Pretty cool when the bucs score and they fire the cannons

I was watching the Broncos and a horse noise goes off.

But in ATL, it's just a stupid horn noise. It's like theyre trying too hard to get fans involved but it has no purpose or place here. 

Am I the only one that thinks this?

Edited by jj00100

2 hours ago, jj00100 said:

It just doesn't fit our team, it doesn't pump me up when i hear that sound. that sound is pretty stupid IMO. I don't think it does anything for the players either. Did the falcon bird noise sound go away after the GA DOME? 

But in ATL, it's just a stupid horn noise. It's like theyre trying too hard to get fans involved but it has no purpose or place here. 

Learn the history of Atlanta, Ga.

It goes with the stuff Atlanta United is doing.  Building tradition in a team that has been around less than a year. 

https://www.atlutd.com/spike

Falcons are trying to get in on that. I see nothing wrong with that. Falcons need to learn from the new guys. Attend a game and you'll see. 

In 1837, a spike was driven into Georgia’s red clay, declaring Central Avenue as Zero Milepost for the most significant transportation endeavor to that point for the South — a railroad from Atlanta to the Midwest.

The birth of a city.

The connection for commerce.

The declaration of what’s to come.

Prior to 1837, other lines went around us and before us.

The people of Atlanta would not wait any longer to pioneer a route to success. Under the hot Atlanta summer sun, Atlanta’s own built the largest railroad hub of the times.

This line would unite cities, propel our city forward.

We became Atlanta. We staked our claim as the hub and the heart of the Southeast.

In 2017, 180 years later, another spike will be driven into the ground.

Signifying the birth of a movement.

The connection to the world.

The uniting of cultures, generations and backgrounds.

Other cities have gone before us, but that doesn't bother us. We will not wait any longer to stake our claim.

Where history and progress intersect.

Where the crossroads of culture, creativity and commerce thrive.

At the spike, every strike rings true in our hearts. We unite around it.

We carry it together.

We drive it in together.

It is our mark.

Edited by ParanoidAndroid

6 hours ago, jj00100 said:

We ought to copy the Lyons. Oh nevermind they do the same sound

14 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

It goes with the stuff Atlanta United is doing.  Building tradition in a team that has been around less than a year. 

https://www.atlutd.com/spike

Falcons are trying to get in on that. I see nothing wrong with that. Falcons need to learn from the new guys. Attend a game and you'll see. 

In 1837, a spike was driven into Georgia’s red clay, declaring Central Avenue as Zero Milepost for the most significant transportation endeavor to that point for the South — a railroad from Atlanta to the Midwest.

The birth of a city.

The connection for commerce.

The declaration of what’s to come.

Prior to 1837, other lines went around us and before us.

The people of Atlanta would not wait any longer to pioneer a route to success. Under the hot Atlanta summer sun, Atlanta’s own built the largest railroad hub of the times.

This line would unite cities, propel our city forward.

We became Atlanta. We staked our claim as the hub and the heart of the Southeast.

In 2017, 180 years later, another spike will be driven into the ground.

Signifying the birth of a movement.

The connection to the world.

The uniting of cultures, generations and backgrounds.

Other cities have gone before us, but that doesn't bother us. We will not wait any longer to stake our claim.

Where history and progress intersect.

Where the crossroads of culture, creativity and commerce thrive.

At the spike, every strike rings true in our hearts. We unite around it.

We carry it together.

We drive it in together.

It is our mark.

They just gonna play the Friends theme for the brotherhood. Yikes!

6 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

For the history geeks.. 

tumblr_inline_mlo0iqSRJ31qz4rgp.jpg

The 1864 photo above is of the Chattanooga Railroad roundhouse that stood in what is now the Gulch. Creating this 19th-century railroad infrastructure – around which Atlanta was originally built

Thank you. There is so much more to the history, but a photo from the early birthplace, which happens to be the exact place the team plays, should help those who question the train horn.

1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Thank you. There is so much more to the history, but a photo from the early birthplace, which happens to be the exact place the team plays, should help those who question the train horn.

hey look its the UTC roundhouse in its early days

If it's annoying to us imagine how annoying it is for visiting teams and their fans.  For that reason alone I'm OK with it. Unfortunately its not being blown enough, especially in the 2nd half. I wish the **** thing was blaring every 4 minutes!!!

Edited by ga12r1

It's soo bad. What was comical was when we scored an obvious TD, horn goes off, the refs review it for a second and confirm the TD, horn goes off again

With how weak our fanbase is that horn overpowers everything to a ridiculous extent and I'm sure the players notice. All in all it's just bad lol

10 hours ago, papachaz said:

I've noticed it in other games I've watched too, so it seems to be a new fad the last few years going around. as bad as it is on TV, I can't imagine how obnoxious it would be actually sitting there in the stadium

Hey papa, it freaks my willy out every time it happens! Wish to heck they’d put a azzz plug in it!