New England a make or break?

Let's say we overlooked the Dolphins in the second half. Lets say we went ahead, up 17-0 and started wanting that rematch with New England. Does that game feel like a make or break game to anyone else? If we lose to New England, do we recover? Or go the route of Carolina after Denver last year? It seems like they've staked their season on this game, how do we recover from a loss?

1 minute ago, coastiemike said:

If we ever overlook anyone, I will be extremely disappointed. These men are professional. Their job is to win games. That's it. If they actually overlook anyone at anytime, that is a piss poor example of professionalism.

I certainly agree.  I'm just speculating. I certainly have no knowledge if that's what happened. If it did maybe youth played a factor.

17 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

Let's say we overlooked the Dolphins in the second half. Lets say we went ahead, up 17-0 and started wanting that rematch with New England. Does that game feel like a make or break game to anyone else? If we lose to New England, do we recover? Or go the route of Carolina after Denver last year? It seems like they've staked their season on this game, how do we recover from a loss?

If that's the case they're setting themselves up for failure.

Because every loss counts

If we beat them, we are going to have some momentum going forward. 

If we don't and it's a close game, I think we'll be shaky. 

If they smack us and run us out of their building like we didn't belong there, we're in some trouble. 

I've had that 2015 feeling since before the Bills game. I wasn't incredibly surprised that we lost to the fins because that's what the 2015 would've done. I told myself in the 4th "at least we didn't have any turn-overs at bad times", DUMB!

When I mention the 2015 team I'm only calling out that we lost a bunch of games that year due to a culmination of goofy uncharacteristic junk. From that perspective only we've been the mirror image of that for 3 games straight. 

25 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

If we beat them, we are going to have some momentum going forward. 

If we don't and it's a close game, I think we'll be shaky. 

If they smack us and run us out of their building like we didn't belong there, we're in some trouble. 

I've had that 2015 feeling since before the Bills game. I wasn't incredibly surprised that we lost to the fins because that's what the 2015 would've done. I told myself in the 4th "at least we didn't have any turn-overs at bad times", DUMB!

When I mention the 2015 team I'm only calling out that we lost a bunch of games that year due to a culmination of goofy uncharacteristic junk. From that perspective only we've been the mirror image of that for 3 games straight. 

So it's your fault lol

I agree, i think it's more on how that game goes than just a win or loss. Kind of like losing to Seattle last year. We could hang our hat and say we got robbed. If New England blows us out, it just might break this team.

1 hour ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

So it's your fault lol

I agree, i think it's more on how that game goes than just a win or loss. Kind of like losing to Seattle last year. We could hang our hat and say we got robbed. If New England blows us out, it just might break this team.

Man! Sometimes I feel like it is. It's like I'm linked to this team or something. I can tell when we're going to struggle and when I imagine how we can screw ourselves, we usually do exactly that. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. I hope we can cure ourselves of the ICK soon. 

I don't know if winning the game is critical, but it is important that the team show some level of football intelligence and most importantly some well focused FIGHT.  For their own confidence, they need to get the execution moving in the right direction again.

2 hours ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

During the offseason, I had the nerve to suggest that the Falcons wouldn't go 19-0. The audacity to claim that Matt Ryan wouldn't throw for 40 TDs to only 5 INTs every year for the rest of his career. Boy, I was called all kinds of names. Some more valid that others...

That being said, have you seen the NE "defense?" I think all you Falcons fans will sleep better:

Alex Smith: 368 yds 4 TDs, Drew Brees: 356 yds 2 TDs, DeShaun Watson: 301 yds 2 TDs, Cam Newton: 316 yds 3 TDs, Jameis Winston: 334 yds 1 TD, and Josh Freakin' McCown: 354 yds 2 TDs.

That's right! Every QB has thrown for AT LEAST 301 yds against the Pats! Ryan is better than any of the guys on that list. I hope NE can keep Ryan from getting 400 yards, and the Falcons offense from putting up 50, but I'm not confident about it. NE is winning because they are 5th in scoring this year. Only 1.1 points behind the the highest scoring team.

Neither team is playing anywhere near what we predicted.

9 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

That being said, have you seen the NE "defense?" I think all you Falcons fans will sleep better:

Alex Smith: 368 yds 4 TDs, Drew Brees: 356 yds 2 TDs, DeShaun Watson: 301 yds 2 TDs, Cam Newton: 316 yds 3 TDs, Jameis Winston: 334 yds 1 TD, and Josh Freakin' McCown: 354 yds 2 TDs.

That's right! Every QB has thrown for AT LEAST 301 yds against the Pats! Ryan is better than any of the guys on that list. I hope NE can keep Ryan from getting 400 yards, and the Falcons offense from putting up 50, but I'm not confident about it. NE is winning because they are 5th in scoring this year. Only 1.1 points behind the the highest scoring team.

Neither team is playing anywhere near what we predicted.

Problem, though, for the Falcons is the boss of the offense at the moment seems to have almost no idea how to operate during the second half of games.  It's like he loses his awareness of the game situation,  and just sends in plays willy-nilly. 

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Problem, though, for the Falcons is the boss of the offense at the moment seems to have almost no idea how to operate during the second half of games.  It's like he loses his awareness of the game situation,  and just sends in plays willy-nilly. 

Ha ha! I can't believe I'm actually giving reasons why I think NE is going to lose next Sunday! I haven't thought that NE would lose a game since Brady's first season! Buffalo has the #1 scoring D in the league and Miami has the 3rd. NE is 30th. Last year they were #1 and gave up 21 to Atlanta. Don't get me wrong, I certainly want them to win. It would take another major meltdown by the Falcons for it to happen though. NE will have to score on every possession.

57 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Man! Sometimes I feel like it is. It's like I'm linked to this team or something. I can tell when we're going to struggle and when I imagine how we can screw ourselves, we usually do exactly that. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. I hope we can cure ourselves of the ICK soon. 

I'll be honest. I used to feel that way. I had to wear a certain shirt, and hat, and etc. The Super Bowl cured me of that. If there was any way I alone could have saved that game I would. But it wasn't on me. So I moved on.

15 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Ha ha! I can't believe I'm actually giving reasons why I think NE is going to lose next Sunday! I haven't thought that NE would lose a game since Brady's first season! Buffalo has the #1 scoring D in the league and Miami has the 3rd. NE is 30th. Last year they were #1 and gave up 21 to Atlanta. Don't get me wrong, I certainly want them to win. It would take another major meltdown by the Falcons for it to happen though. NE will have to score on every possession.

As soon as I'm out, you gotta pull me back in! As soon as I give up hope and accept my fate, you gotta spark that flame of resistance!