Jump to content

Defense...not their fault


GET-ME-A-DB-TD
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Chunkey9 said:

We got a takeaway. Deion Jones got an interception. 

In the first half. That's out 2nd turnover caused by the defense in 5 games.. were dead last in the league in that category... for a team that causes over 10 turnovers in preseason and showed a lot of promise, you gotta wonder wher tf the turnovers are.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

In the first half. That's out 2nd turnover caused by the defense in 5 games.. were dead last in the league in that category... for a team that causes over 10 turnovers in preseason and showed a lot of promise, you gotta wonder wher tf the turnovers are.. 

Third.

Two others called back for penalties. One was soft, the other they were generously dishing out flags as if they were going out of fashion.

Edited by Domed Outter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then there is this stupid schidt about"Brotherhood" , like is is a magical word that cast a spell over the NFL and we are above the league.

Maybe  that same magic made the refs turn their heads when Allen shoved the guy to the ground.  He definately avoided a 15 yard penalty.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The defense currently is at #10  according to NFL.com so....

 

1 Denver Broncos 5 19.4 97 292 261.8 4.5 14.4 18 68 26 3 10 30 32 330 28:00 1 0
2 Cincinnati Bengals 5 16.6 83 315 262.8 4.2 17.2 28 78 36 1 2 50 34 278 30:07 3 0
3 Pittsburgh Steelers 6 17 102 357 272.0 4.6 16.2 26 75 35 2 9 22 42 387 27:55 11 3
4 Carolina Panthers 6 20.3 122 345 280.0 4.9 17.0 29 77 38 4 10 40 34 319 27:02 7 3
5 Minnesota Vikings 6 17.2 103 368 295.5 4.8 18.3 18 72 25 3 4 75 45 368 29:42 6 1
6 Chicago Bears 6 24.7 148 371 302.7 4.9 18.2 33 84 39 2 2 100 42 340 30:20 5 4
7 Houston Texans 6 24.5 147 359 310.5 5.2 17.7 27 78 35 2 3 67 45 427 28:57 9 3
8 Cleveland Browns 6 26.2 157 362 310.7 5.1 18.8 32 77 42 0 0 0 52 477 30:54 7 3
9 Jacksonville Jaguars 6 18.3 110 389 311.7 4.8 17.8 31 81 38 1 3 33 48 429 30:02 9 6
10 Atlanta Falcons 5 21.8 109 320 312.4 4.9 20.0 24 63 38 6 8 75 36 305 30:17 4 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

The defense currently is at #10  according to NFL.com so....

 

1 Denver Broncos 5 19.4 97 292 261.8 4.5 14.4 18 68 26 3 10 30 32 330 28:00 1 0
2 Cincinnati Bengals 5 16.6 83 315 262.8 4.2 17.2 28 78 36 1 2 50 34 278 30:07 3 0
3 Pittsburgh Steelers 6 17 102 357 272.0 4.6 16.2 26 75 35 2 9 22 42 387 27:55 11 3
4 Carolina Panthers 6 20.3 122 345 280.0 4.9 17.0 29 77 38 4 10 40 34 319 27:02 7 3
5 Minnesota Vikings 6 17.2 103 368 295.5 4.8 18.3 18 72 25 3 4 75 45 368 29:42 6 1
6 Chicago Bears 6 24.7 148 371 302.7 4.9 18.2 33 84 39 2 2 100 42 340 30:20 5 4
7 Houston Texans 6 24.5 147 359 310.5 5.2 17.7 27 78 35 2 3 67 45 427 28:57 9 3
8 Cleveland Browns 6 26.2 157 362 310.7 5.1 18.8 32 77 42 0 0 0 52 477 30:54 7 3
9 Jacksonville Jaguars 6 18.3 110 389 311.7 4.8 17.8 31 81 38 1 3 33 48 429 30:02 9 6
10 Atlanta Falcons 5 21.8 109 320 312.4 4.9 20.0 24 63 38 6 8 75 36 305 30:17 4 1

You are only as good as your last game and had they played yesterdays versión of Defense all year, they might fall out of the top 100 in a league of 32 teams!

Lets talk about what changed:

Where was the QB pressure?

Where was the agression?

Where was the discipline necessary to play assignment football?

While I refuse to cast the entire blame for yesterdays loss on a defense, they did their part in blowing a 17 point lead.  They blew assignments more tan Linda Lovelace blew Hollywood producers on Sunday. 

It was pathetic. And to say they had no fault in this loss is the epitome of delusion!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Last year through 5 games - 28ppg

This year were only at 21.8ppg

Our D is playing pretty lights out...even without the sacks and int's. If we dont learn to control the ball for longer stretches tho, its going to get reeeeeal sideways in the next few weeks

Why do people want to give the defense a pass?

Have you not been watching the games in the 2nd half?

The defense let Mike Glennon walk down the field at the end of the Bears game to get back in the game and if not for two dropped passes almost win it.

Same thing with the Lions...

Couldnt get off the field against the Bills and let them have long time consuming drives...

Then there was yesterday

We all knew the offense was go to take a step back this year.  The problem is we thought the defense would take a big step forward.... and they have not

More like backwards 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The offense built a 17-0 lead and the Dolphins scored 20 unanswered points.

How is god's name is that not the defense's fault?

The offense didn't really give the defense a break that it needed.  The offense went 3 and out in the 3rd quarter just after the Dolphins took over half the quarter in that first drive of the 2nd half.  I blame the offense more than the defense in this situation but the defense still shouldn't of allowed that long of a drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No point in the trying to make this an either/or situation. Both the defense and offense share blame.  

There isn't one side of the ball we can lean on right now. It should be our offense but this team doesn't consistently score as many points as they should. Defensively, the team is suspect.

The fact that every game outside of the GB game was close at the end is very concerning. We aren't playing consistent across every quarter and that's why we keep having all these close games against questionable opponents. This team is a mess right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The defense is not playing lights ou

3 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Last year through 5 games - 28ppg

This year were only at 21.8ppg

Our D is playing pretty lights out...even without the sacks and int's. If we dont learn to control the ball for longer stretches tho, its going to get reeeeeal sideways in the next few weeks

The defense is not bad but they are not playing lights out - especially after halftime. The run defense in the third quarter of both the Bills and Dolphins game has been abysmal and they are still not generating enough turnovers. Those third quarter extended drives given up by the run defense are killers. The three and outs by the offense in the third quarter isn't helping either.

This isn't a either or thing. There is stuff in all three phases that need to be cleaned up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

You are only as good as your last game and had they played yesterdays versión of Defense all year, they might fall out of the top 100 in a league of 32 teams!

Lets talk about what changed:

Where was the QB pressure?

Where was the agression?

Where was the discipline necessary to play assignment football?

While I refuse to cast the entire blame for yesterdays loss on a defense, they did their part in blowing a 17 point lead.  They blew assignments more tan Linda Lovelace blew Hollywood producers on Sunday. 

It was pathetic. And to say they had no fault in this loss is the epitome of delusion!

First off I posted fact second I wasn't saying they had no fault. Go get lost in mexico again. Pooor little cream puff can't handle any good news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The defense is doing a very good job in terms of generating inefficient QB play. Lots of low YPA production. And the pass rush has been pretty decent for most of the year. 

But the run defense isnt where it needs to be and the turnover/penalty stuff has consistently changed game outcomes. 

We simply aren't good enough on defense to continually have quality turnovers taken off of the board because of penalties, whether they're legit or ticky-tack. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...