How much of an effort was made to retain McDaniel or LaFleur?

Money Lee

What kills me about this was not just the fact that your hiring a college coach, with no NFL experience to come in to be your OC, but your having him to come in and LEARN our system first, then run it.. That makes no sense at all... I hope Sark can turn it around, but hiring McDaniel or Lafluer probably would have been a much smoother transition, plus they have worked under KS and have learned how to create mismatches better.. Just my thinking

Especially when Matt Lafleur left to be the OC in Los Angeles where the RAMS lead the league in scoring. Yes you heard that right, the most inept scoring offense of the last 6 or 7 years now leads the league in scoring and points per game. Jared Goff looks like a legit starting QB.

I can understand maybe having some apprehension about naming McDaniels as OC as he had the history with alcoholism. Oh nevermind .....

5 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Especially when Matt Lafleur left to be the OC in Los Angeles where the RAMS lead the league in scoring. Yes you heard that right, the most inept scoring offense of the last 6 or 7 years now leads the league in scoring and points per game. Jared Goff looks like a legit starting QB.

I can understand maybe having some apprehension about naming McDaniels as OC as he had the history with alcoholism. Oh nevermind .....

Lafluer is not calling plays in LA though - McVay is.

3 hours ago, Money Lee said:

This still all bothers me...How often does a Coordinator leave result in a complete turnover of the staff, particularly when things we're going so well.

Did Quinn misjudge how seamless of a transition it would be?

appears that way

man I wanted LeFleur to be the next OC....now THAT should have been 'seamless' if ever seamless could have been.....