Defense 2-0, Offense 0-2

Defense suckz donkey balls. Teams have learned to rough up our stupid smallish front and shorten games against us. We are easily the worst run defense in the entire league and a joke against the run. This is why it seems like we don't have the ball as much. This is asides from the fact that we haven't forced a turn over since the SB probably.

9 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Yeah they gave up some rush yards and some key third down conversions.  But as a whole, they were put in bad spots by the offense ( and special teams). This game was on the offense for sure 

No frigging way. The defense is playing like trash!!! STOP with this crap. Jay Cutler just made the Falcons look like the three stooges. Falcons could not stop a running game from a team that had NONE!! The defense looked like Swiss Cheese and it was not even close. The only thing that stopped the Dolphins were dropped balls or fluke mistakes. You do know the Dolphins were dead last on offense but looked dang good today please.

1 minute ago, high impact said:

No frigging way. The defense is playing like trash!!! STOP with this crap. Jay Cutler just made the Falcons look like the three stooges. Falcons could not stop a running game from a team that had NONE!! The defense looked like Swiss Cheese and it was not even close. The only thing that stopped the Dolphins were dropped balls or fluke mistakes. You do know the Dolphins were dead last on offense but looked dang good today please.

They got 20 points.  Isn't our offense supposed to score more than 20? At home? 

15 minutes ago, fuego said:

How do you figure we have a good D? Did you actually watch the game today?

In the context of the way our D is built, they've done their part.  This is a fast but undersized D.  All of our guys are coached to play run and hit which is effective as long as they don't stay on the field too long.  When their athleticism wears down, this goes from a good D to mediocre to what we've seen at the end of a number of games.   This D still needs the offense to hold onto the ball or score.   We absolutely cannot hold up to a pounding offense over 60 minutes.   We all need to get use to the D falling off if the O cannot produce points and/or ToP. 

25 minutes ago, ga12r1 said:

Defense is definitely not the problem, it’s the O. I hate it. We finally have a good defense and the offense sucks. It’s crazy.

Oh I disagree there.

The defense let the Bears and Lions back in the game and have long drives at the end of the game to get into positions to win it. 

Buffalo had long time consuming drives and the Dolphins put up 20 points in the 2nd half.

We knew the offense was going to take a step back.  We just hoped the defense would take a big step forward and balance it out .  They haven't 

Just now, Diesel_Bird said:

They got 20 points.  Isn't our offense supposed to score more than 20? At home? 

Well they put up 17 on a team that has been allowing only 16. Sure they did not help by playing flat in the second half. But the defense could not once again hold a double digit lead. This against a team that only averaged 10 points per game, that is sad. 

25 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Yeah they gave up some rush yards and some key third down conversions.  But as a whole, they were put in bad spots by the offense ( and special teams). This game was on the offense for sure 

Have you not seen all the missed tackles all season long? That D is afraid to hit. It's taking 3 or 4 defenders to bring people down. **** sometimes our cornerbacks just let running backs run by them.

5 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

In the context of the way our D is built, they've done their part.  This is a fast but undersized D.  All of our guys are coached to play run and hit which is effective as long as they don't stay on the field too long.  When their athleticism wears down, this goes from a good D to mediocre to what we've seen at the end of a number of games.   This D still needs the offense to hold onto the ball or score.   We absolutely cannot hold up to a pounding offense over 60 minutes.   We all need to get use to the D falling off if the O cannot produce points and/or ToP. 

So Grady giving the Dolphins 7 points was not the defenses fault? Would the Falcons have won the game without giving up that TD?

2 minutes ago, Tweenthehedges said:

Since when did we have a good defense? Jay Cutler? You must be joking.

People are forgetting this Dolphins offense was ranked dead last and they came into our house and had their way with the Falcons all day long. It was not just a missed step lucky play or a bad bounce it was out played people.

3 minutes ago, Tweenthehedges said:

Since when did we have a good defense? Jay Cutler? You must be joking.

Falcons are known for a high powered offense. That’s how the team is built. When our D holds a team to 20 at home I expect a win. I certainly expect the O to at least put up something in the 2nd half. At home. 

1 minute ago, ga12r1 said:

Falcons are known for a high powered offense. That’s how the team is built. When our D holds a team to 20 at home I expect a win. I certainly expect the O to at least put up something in the 2nd half. At home. 

That's what I'm getting at. We give up 20 at home. I don't care who it is, we're supposed to win the game right? Matt ryan, Julio jones? High powered? Whatever 

Just now, ga12r1 said:

Correct and the offense sure did not hold up on their end as well. It was total team loss even special teams was in a funk. When was the last time you saw a short snap on a dang punt?