Home field advantage is gone...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

The stadium looks fuller for Atlanta United games. Cheap concession prices but the high ticket prices are preventing a lot of people from going. $40 for an Atlanta United ticket versus $250 - $300 for an Atlanta Falcons ticket far from the field.

Not only the game was sold out but they also sold 2K plus standing room only tickets. ATLUD fans watch the game from their seats and cheer the team unlike Falcons fans, who choose to watch the game inside the VIP lounges or in the TV areas throughout the stadium...

4 minutes ago, falconsfansrus said:

Not only the game was sold out but they also sold 2K plus standing room only tickets. ATLUD fans watch the game from their seats and cheer the team unlike Falcons fans, who choose to watch the game inside the VIP lounges or in the TV areas throughout the stadium...

Yeah. ATLUD fans are passionate "middle class" fans. The ones who can afford these high ticket prices for Falcons games don't have the same kind of passion and would rather watch in a comfortable room. 

Edited by MilleniumFalcon

Atlanta was never a market meant for PSLs IMHO.  I think they hoped that folks would buy in after the SB appearance but that hasn't happened and folks having feelings about Kaep and the flag controversy (both sides) hasn't helped.  I'd suspect the performance the last two games will make the issue worse but it looked really bad on TV in the 3rd quarter at all those empty seats.

6 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

Everyone is in the clubs and bars and whatever else is there watching it on TVs. 

I don’t believe that. I believe people JUST ARE NOT THERE. Whatever the reason may be. I’ve been to every game this season and the number of fans in the bars and concourses doesn’t come near to equaling the number of empty seats. Seats are empty in the middle of 2nd quarter and concourse is empty too. It’s very frustrating/upsetting for a true fan. 

Personally I think that most of the people that have the disposable income for some of the high dollar psl’s couldn’t care less for the game and don’t show up if they have anything else going on on game day.

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And none of this is a surprise.

We all called it two years ago....

Quite a few people did.. lousy for football and lousy for concerts but it is great for Atlanta United. Those crowds are amazing. 

A lot of those club seats went to corporate accounts who could careless about football,the expense is write off. 

6 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

from my perspective the stadium is not all that anyway I really miss the dome

2 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

I like to think of it as a mall

Seems to me he cater to the upper class instead of the actual fan base. What a terrible thing to do in a city like this that has so many transplants. They should just take beer out of the stadium in only sell coffee and wine while they're at it.

Home game atmosphere feels like that of a team who went 7-9 the year before not to the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

Seems to me he cater to the upper class instead of the actual fan base. What a terrible thing to do in a city like this that has so many transplants. They should just take beer out of the stadium in only sell coffee and wine while they're at it.

Home game atmosphere feels like that of a team who went 7-9 the year before not to the Super Bowl.

Team looks like a team that went 3-13 the year before not to the Super Bowl.