Can we all agree that Sark just isnt the right man for the job yet?

Snafu

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens when you hire a long-time college assistant to run an NFL offense. It's why I was rooting for Chip Kelly -- he was going to be forced to run Shanny's system, but one thing about Kelly is that he gets mismatches. What's lacking this year is Sark's inability to create mismatches and get guys open. Even the balls we complete, it looks like it did under Koetter and Mularkey, where every pass is contested. 

I'll say this: If Sark can't get receivers open against New England's defense, then there might be a real problem. A real, legitimate, season threatening issue. 

2 minutes ago, ATLDave said:

This is what happens when you hire a long-time college assistant to run an NFL offense. It's why I was rooting for Chip Kelly -- he was going to be forced to run Shanny's system, but one thing about Kelly is that he gets mismatches. What's lacking this year is Sark's inability to create mismatches and get guys open. Even the balls we complete, it looks like it did under Koetter and Mularkey, where every pass is contested. 

I'll say this: If Sark can't get receivers open against New England's defense, then there might be a real problem. A real, legitimate, season threatening issue. 

Yup. Last year when Julio was double covered, Shanny made defenses pay for it. He took em to the woodshed and punished them w/ a deep crop of receiving weapons. Now it looks as if Julio is an afterthought and we are just gonna play into the hands of defenses.

Sark has almost no NFL experience, and was out of College coaching for a few years.  There is absolutely nothing on his resume to give any indication that he will ever be able to be an average NFL OC.  Though he's lucky because the Falcons special team coordinator clearly sucks at his job and has been a liability for years, so Sark probably doesn't have to worry about his job.

21 minutes ago, Hokies&Falcons said:

It sure looks that way and I am not impressed with Manuel either.  This staff repeatedly shows it has trouble coaching with a lead.  Halftime adjustments are something they seem to struggle with mightily. 

As much as I despise the drunk turning our MVP into a game manager, you're right. This is a DQ issue with discipline and giving up leads.

He's terrible. Like to the point where it's not just a step down from Shanny but still good, this offense looks middle of the pack.

"More redzone targets for Julio" = 1 target in 5 weeks. Continuation of last year's playbook = playing scared dink and dunk ball.

Just now, Money Lee said:

Difference was KS was putting in a new offense.

Not sure a coaching change needs to be made, but A change needs to be made.

Something is different with this offense as it is clearly not running and/or being called like it did last year.  The one obvious thing is that the personnel in this offense are virtually identical except for an OG and a FB.

This team made the mistake of not using the preseason to adapt to Sark and are now having to learn him and him learn them (the A unit).