Inactives - Dolphins vs Falcons

28 minutes ago, stizz said:

Falcons must not have been happy with Williams tape and creating separation.

Interesting that Wreh-Wilson is inactive. Falcons must be confident against Cutler with 4 DBs active. 

It wasn’t that. It was that Int he caused off his hands against Buffalo. 

6 minutes ago, stizz said:

LOL. Dude was stretched out and diving. Yes he should have caught it if it touched both hands, but it isn't entirely his fault there.

In our system we make a lot of tight window throws. It hit him square in his hands. Stretched it not. WR rule #1 if it hits you in the hands, catch it. He doesn’t have the leeway the star players have. Matt put it on his hands. You gotta catch it. Julio and Sanu make stretch catches all the time. It caused an Int at a bad time in the game. Matt put the ball in a spot where only he could catch it. If he misses it it’s a pick. That play was nobody’s fault but his and I’d bet your bottom dollar even he’d tell you that. Players mentality. 

48 minutes ago, stizz said:

Falcons must not have been happy with Williams tape and creating separation.

Interesting that Wreh-Wilson is inactive. Falcons must be confident against Cutler with 4 DBs active. 

The thing is, Williams is a slot only.

Hall plays slot and outside - remember he took Julio's place during the pre-season and was getting a a lot of reps with Ryan.. With Sanu out and if Julio re injure his hip, Hall gives you more versatility. 

Wonder, if we're using Hall  as a returner  , I remember him from preseason and he made some plays in the return game , but he also fumbled or/and  as a bigger role in the receiving game, it may just be me but I see Julio more  as decoy today, he may open up some space for Halls speed , but I also remember him as not having the best hands. 

9 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

In our system we make a lot of tight window throws. It hit him square in his hands. Stretched it not. WR rule #1 if it hits you in the hands, catch it. He doesn’t have the leeway the star players have. Matt put it on his hands. You gotta catch it. Julio and Sanu make stretch catches all the time. It caused an Int at a bad time in the game. Matt put the ball in a spot where only he could catch it. If he misses it it’s a pick. That play was nobody’s fault but his and I’d bet your bottom dollar even he’d tell you that. Players mentality. 

Agree to disagree on percentage of the blame. Matt certainly wasn't his best against BUF and I'd bet even he'd tell you that wasn't the best pass. But you're right, Nick can't afford a drop.

13 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

The thing is, Williams is a slot only.

Hall plays slot and outside - remember he took Julio's place during the pre-season and was getting a a lot of reps with Ryan.. With Sanu out and if Julio re injure his hip, Hall gives you more versatility. 

This is why. It's not because of a dropped pass or anything. It's literally a backup plan for Hardy with Sanu out. 

12 minutes ago, stizz said:

Agree to disagree on percentage of the blame. Matt certainly wasn't his best against BUF and I'd bet even he'd tell you that wasn't the best pass. But you're right, Nick can't afford a drop.

Not sure if I think either was wrong on that play. That was a really good pass in a tight window on 3rd and long. That was a great attempt of a catch stretched out. Sometimes you can haul it in and sometimes not. 

Hall is active because he plays outside and Williams doesn't.