I think the Falcons should do everything to sign Navorro Bowman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, vel said:

Nope. No point. No defensive leader? And you think Bowman would be that here? On a team he has no ties to? Midseason? Right...

Bowman was good. He's not anymore. It happens. No point in signing him to replace Duke when Duke is still growing. That's very Mike Smith like. Duke has missed some tackles, but so did Debo four games into his rookie year. Duke has also made some good plays and flashed why he was taken. 

I don't want Bowman, but I'd genuinely like for you to post a good play Duke has had. Just one. I was a big supporter of his coming in, and I still think he can be good, but he's shown very little.

I wouldn't do it and it has nothing to do with the player.

The coaches have a long term plan with regards to development and they seem to like throwing there players into the fire to speed up the learning process.It has worked for just about everyone whose been asked to learn this way the last 2 years.

I also think if you brought in a guy like Bowman who is a great player undermines Dieon Jones hence why I think we live with what we have just let the Jones Campbell Riley partnership develop.

2 hours ago, UltraTurbo 2000 said:

Duke does need to improve but i think people have been spoiled by how good deion jones was last year. Riley has played like a rookie, jones didnt.  Also  people wanted campbell replaced and he has looked great this year.

Well said man.

Your dead right and spot on with the Jones analogy what us fans have to understand is that the development process doesn't happen at the same speed for everyone.Some will take longer than others.I think with Jones also he had a lot of splash plays last year that were attention grabbing.

3 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Bowman will probably end up in Dallas or Carolina depending on how long Luke will be out

Maybe Dallas due to Jerry loving big names and how awful that defense is, but I don't see him as a strong option for Carolina at this point.

Carolina loves fast and very athletic LBs. Bowman is neither of those now. It's sad because injuries took those skills away from him.

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Who did Deon learn from?

Two different players.  Learning on the fly is great in theory.  I’m all for trial by fire, but some guys don’t necessarily take to it as quickly as others.

Beasley was trial by fire and didn’t turn the corner until year two.  

Deion was trial by fire and didn’t turn the corner until late last season.  REALLY turned the corner this year tbh.  

If this is indeed a super bowl or bust year we cannot afford to wait until next year to have a rookie turn the corner.

I don’t see anything wrong with bringing a vet in to bring some stability to our LBs.  Even Deion could learn from him.  We rotate guys like merry-go-rounds anyway.  It wouldn’t necessarily be taking snaps away.  

13 hours ago, stizz said:

I think this is the unfortunate truth. Would be a completely finw with him getting snaps if we were rebuilding, but there's no way he needs as many snaps as he's been getting at his level of play for a championship caliber team.

Would love to see one of the defensive leaders call him out to put Quinn's feet to the fire.

The Falcons obviously want to make Duke a focal point of the defense as time goes on and bringing in Bowman would only disrupt that.

Allow Riley to get the snaps and experience necessary. The growing pains will be worth it in the long run; being surrounded by up and coming LB's such as Campbell and Deion will certainly help.

13 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

That would be Worrilow

Worrilow actually was a great mentor to Deion. 

But We don't need another LBer....especially a washed-up one. If we're gonna pick up a veteran player, WR may be the bigger need. Aldrick Robinson made some big plays for this team last year, and IMO his production never was replaced.

19 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Well said man.

Your dead right and spot on with the Jones analogy what us fans have to understand is that the development process doesn't happen at the same speed for everyone.Some will take longer than others.I think with Jones also he had a lot of splash plays last year that were attention grabbing.

I never saw why falcons thought/think Riley's an NFL caliber starting talent ....but I'm just a fan....

and you make a great point ....Vic Beasley and Roddy White had plenty of growing pain issues in their rookie seasons...