Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atljbo

Matt Ryan NFL FILMS INTERVIEW

47 posts in this topic

When he said "I'm black..." I'm like wait, what? Did he pull a Dave Chappelle and take a sabbatical to Africa and experience some type of afrocentric enlightenment that we didn't know about?

Then he said dark roast and I was like oh, that's what he meant...

Coffee, yeah we'll go with that. :ninja:

Drew4719, papachaz and hashmark61 like this

F*cking h*ll.

Last year was our year, MATT'S year. The Falcons deserved it ... Matt deserved it ... we fans deserved it ... Sarah deserved it. 

I'm not sure I will ever recover as a fan from what went down in Houston. Does anyone else feel like that Super Bowl just, I don't know, broke them a little? I don't mean as a person or in a real day-to-day sense, obviously it's just a sport and life goes on. But as a sports fan, as a Falcons fan, as a huge fan of Matt's since his very first passes when I was in the stands cheering like a maniac at BC, that game absolutely shattered my heart. I still have a visceral reaction when I see clips of it.

F*cking h*ll.

We have to get back.

We have to finish it.

3 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

F*cking h*ll.

Last year was our year, MATT'S year. The Falcons deserved it ... Matt deserved it ... we fans deserved it ... Sarah deserved it. 

I'm not sure I will ever recover as a fan from what went down in Houston. Does anyone else feel like that Super Bowl just, I don't know, broke them a little? I don't mean as a person or in a real day-to-day sense, obviously it's just a sport and life goes on. But as a sports fan, as a Falcons fan, as a huge fan of Matt's since his very first passes when I was in the stands cheering like a maniac at BC, that game absolutely shattered my heart. I still have a visceral reaction when I see clips of it.

F*cking h*ll.

We have to get back.

We have to finish it.

We'll be back. Matt Ryan got another 6 good years left.

9 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

F*cking h*ll.

F*cking h*ll.

We have to get back.

We have to finish it.

Being jaded is part of being a long time Falcons fan....

But I'll admit a little bit of my fandom died that day and I'm way more cynical than I've ever been when it comes to the Falcons.

Rod23 likes this

10 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

F*cking h*ll.

F*cking h*ll.

We have to get back.

We have to finish it.

You have officially been inducted into the Falcon Fan life.

Yeah - it hurts all the time - but so did the game against the Cowboys when Danny F..... White came out and broke our hearts.

So did Eugene F..... Robinson followed by the rest of the team when they sucked eggs during our first ever Super Bowl appearance - and broke our hearts.

So did Mike Vick when all our dreams of having "The Guy" to take us to our first championship were crushed over one of the worst seasons ever as a Falcon fan - and it wasn't even about football - but it broke our hearts.

And on and on and on ....

I won't say you heal completely - but you get thicker skin as time goes on.    Seems the Falcons can always find a way to get past that skin though ..... case in point - the subject of your post - that loss could get past an elephant's hide.

10 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I won't say you heal completely - but you get thicker skin as time goes on.    Seems the Falcons can always find a way to get past that skin though ..... case in point - the subject of your post - that loss could get past an elephant's hide.

Preach.

Godzilla1985 and Tandy like this

26 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Yeah - it hurts all the time - but so did the game against the Cowboys when Danny F..... White came out and broke our hearts.

So did Eugene F..... Robinson followed by the rest of the team when they sucked eggs during our first ever Super Bowl appearance - and broke our hearts.

So did Mike Vick when all our dreams of having "The Guy" to take us to our first championship were crushed over one of the worst seasons ever as a Falcon fan - and it wasn't even about football - but it broke our hearts.

this is EXACTLY the answer that all of us long time fans know to the very core of our beings! well said Tandy, well said

BCEagleATLFalcon and Tandy like this

19 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I recently joined FFA Falcon fans anonymous for therapy.. it's been helping a lot.. not sure why we talk about cattle and wheat so much though.. :shrug:

that's hilarious...........:lol::lol:

Godzilla1985 likes this

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

F*cking h*ll.

F*cking h*ll.

We have to get back.

We have to finish it.

Literally describes how I feel. Even if I try not to care when I watch these clips my heart still palpitates. 

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

F*cking h*ll.

F*cking h*ll.

We have to get back.

We have to finish it.

Ill never forget how I felt after that game..broken and drained.

Godzilla1985 likes this

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Being jaded is part of being a long time Falcons fan....

But I'll admit a little bit of my fandom died that day and I'm way more cynical than I've ever been when it comes to the Falcons.

Man....out of all the posts where people described how they felt after Super Bowl loss, this sums up best how I felt. Maybe that feeling will come back to me, I don't know. The funny part is, I'm such a jaded Falcons fan, I didn't really get hyped for last season until late because i've seen this story before and just knew they would find a way to blow going to the Super Bowl. Then to make the Super Bowl, suck my feelings in, and then crush it; a little bit of my falcon fandom soul died that day.

Godzilla1985 likes this

The SB loss hurts much more than any of the other failures over the years. We had the trophy in our grasp, I was already celebrating. All the past failures were about to be wiped away. And then to have it yanked away like that was soul crushing for me. Every time I see clips of it, it feels like a punch to the stomach. I don't know if it will ever go away.

NeonDeion and Godzilla1985 like this

4 hours ago, Tandy said:

Nothing compares to the Superbowl loss, not really, but it didn't hurt as bad as it should have. After going through everything you mentioned, it was almost an "of course this happened." moment lol. I never thought we could do something worse than the 2012 NFC championship game lol. Most people probably get upset seeing James White allegedly cross the goal line in overtime, but for me, seeing our positive plays are the heartbreakers. 

Godzilla1985, Tandy and Drew4719 like this

6 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

Nothing compares to the Superbowl loss, not really, but it didn't hurt as bad as it should have. After going through everything you mentioned, it was almost an "of course this happened." moment lol. I never thought we could do something worse than the 2012 NFC championship game lol. Most people probably get upset seeing James White allegedly cross the goal line in overtime, but for me, seeing our positive plays are the heartbreakers. 

I agree. For me it's the catch by Julio. To have that catch and lose kills me. 

HouseofEuphoria likes this

18 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

F*cking h*ll.

F*cking h*ll.

We have to get back.

We have to finish it.

I have had about three lucid nightmares about getting back to the SB & being blown out.  Been a fan of this team since a small kid and it hurts right now as I type this. 

17 hours ago, Tandy said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  Even the 2012 NFCCG loss didn't feel like this.Those were bad this is just I don't know