Faithful Falcon

Adrian Peterson

30 posts in this topic

I'm not going to knock the man, because when he was in his prime he was one of the most feared running backs of all time. As for what he has to offer now, who knows, maybe in the right offense perhaps flashes of his skill set once was might happen.

Thing is though, the man has a target on his back for his accomplishments at this point in time, so he'd better be at his best or there will be players wanting to make a name for themselves by putting the hurt on him with a tackle hit and such things just so they can say something like "I stopped Adrian Peterson with my tackle/hit". 

I wish Adrian Peterson the best, and I don't care who hates me for doing so. That is except against the Falcons! I hope the Falcons beat that team and him badly!

caponine, Xero and Faithful Falcon like this

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

did you really have to ask that? I mean he was on their roster for 4 whole games............of course they will

:lol::lol:

I wonder how many people make a claim for Eric Dickerson as a Falcon?

rounz likes this

Well, if it doesn't work out for the GREAT GUY, he can always become a wrestler, and take out his frustrations on someone much smaller and helpless.  I mean, if he's into that. Related image

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I wonder how many people make a claim for Eric Dickerson as a Falcon?

well, really though, most people don't remember Eric even WAS a Falcon. that was during that time period we old fans mostly try to forget  :lol:

Flying Falcon and Halcon-1 like this

1 minute ago, papachaz said:

well, really though, most people don't remember Eric even WAS a Falcon. that was during that time period we old fans mostly try to forget  :lol:

Well I was young at the time but one of the Sega games I have is Joe Montana football 94 and Eric Dickerson is on the Falcons on that game. For the longest time I never knew that was the same Eric Dickerson that played for the Rams. LOL!

papachaz and Flying Falcon like this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well I was young at the time but one of the Sega games I have is Joe Montana football 94 and Eric Dickerson is on the Falcons on that game. For the longest time I never knew that was the same Eric Dickerson that played for the Rams. LOL!

what did he play, like 4 games for us? and in those 4 games barely got 100 yard total?  LOL 

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

what did he play, like 4 games for us? and in those 4 games barely got 100 yard total?  LOL 

Yep, 4 games. That's why I mentioned him. I remember reading that the Falcons traded him somewhere, don't remember where, and instead of going and playing for that team he retired.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep, 4 games. That's why I mentioned him. I remember reading that the Falcons traded him somewhere, don't remember where, and instead of going and playing for that team he retired.

well can you blame him? who else could beat glanville as a coach who would make someone want to retire............

:ninja::ninja::lol::lol:

Falconsfan567 likes this

26 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I am not old, but I remember and try to forget, too! +1

papachaz likes this

I, along with a lot of people, never understood AP going to the Saints so it’s not surprising it didn’t work out. (Maybe he didn’t have any other offers)

With that said, I hope he has some success in AZ.  He’s been a great player and deserves to go out on a high note.  

25 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Or what about this one? Glanville calling Brett Favre "Mississippi?"

"hey mississippi, show these guys how you can throw the ball in the upper deck"

one of the reasons Favre would not only NOT have had a football career had he stayed here, he wasn't getting any leadership to keep him out of the nightclubs. he might not have lived long if he'd have stayed here

22 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

I am not old, but I remember and try to forget, too! +1

the best part of the glanville era, was at least the sidelines with all the celebrities was entertaining. 

I'm not sure Dickerson was ever really going to fit in the 'run and shoot' offense june jones was running.....

Flying Falcon and Halcon-1 like this