Matt Bryant Added To Injury Report

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, papachaz said:

he's had back problems for a few years, as someone who has back problems, I can tell you honestly, you can sneeze or cough and then not be able to get up out of the chair

or you can just sit long enough, and not be able to get up. or you can go to bed and sleep, and not be able to get out of bed without grabbing the side and pulling yourself to the side, if you haven't laid wrong and put your arms to sleep.........

so yeah, I can see it 

Tell me about it......

7 hours ago, octoslash said:

Remember when Sammy Sosa had to go on the disabled list with a strained ligament in his back suffered when he sneezed? 

My favorite all-time injuries are that one, along with former Brave Terry Harper's dislocated shoulder he gave himself waving in a team mate at home plate... And my all-time FAVORITE:  The Montreal Canadiens goalie who suffered a pulled Achilles when he slipped on ice...outside his front door at home.  :lol:

Hey don't laugh. I was out on a mission (Army) and threw my back out when I bent over to spit out toothpaste while brushing my teeth. They thought I contracted some deadly virus (had toothpaste foam around my mouth as I keeled over). Now it's constantly reoccurring. The body can play some mean tricks on you when you least expect it (and when you're over 40). Bahahaha

2 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Hey don't laugh. I was out on a mission (Army) and threw my back out when I bent over to spit out toothpaste while brushing my teeth. They thought I contracted some deadly virus (had toothpaste foam around my mouth as I keeled over). Now it's constantly reoccurring. The body can play some mean tricks on you when you least expect it (and when you're over 40). Bahahaha

Hey, you got faomous!

9 hours ago, papachaz said:

he's had back problems for a few years, as someone who has back problems, I can tell you honestly, you can sneeze or cough and then not be able to get up out of the chair

or you can just sit long enough, and not be able to get up. or you can go to bed and sleep, and not be able to get out of bed without grabbing the side and pulling yourself to the side, if you haven't laid wrong and put your arms to sleep.........

so yeah, I can see it 

I hear ya, but he's only missed games in 2015 for a quadriceps injury since 2010.  Unless it's serious...he's a kicker, so just give him some of those magic pain shots and let him do his thing.

11 hours ago, Tandy said:

I know that I'm just as superstitious as they come - but I really wish people would stop creating these .... I'm so glad the Falcons xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx threads.   Seems like every time they do something happens.

First of the year there was the - Other teams riddled with injuries - Falcons cruising thread and now our injury report reads like War and Peace.   Then there was the Other teams have players suspended but we don't and Boom - there goes Hage.   Then there was the I'm so glad we have Matt Bryant - we don't have to worry about our kicker.

Geez!   

Hmmmm....in that case, should I start a "I'm glad we won't win SB 52" thread?

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr
12 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Okay now I'm laughing even harder:lol::lol:

No,  that sucks for you.  Back trouble is the worst.  But the foaming at the mouth is :lol:

21 hours ago, octoslash said:

Remember when Sammy Sosa had to go on the disabled list with a strained ligament in his back suffered when he sneezed? 

My favorite all-time injuries are that one, along with former Brave Terry Harper's dislocated shoulder he gave himself waving in a team mate at home plate... And my all-time FAVORITE:  The Montreal Canadiens goalie who suffered a pulled Achilles when he slipped on ice...outside his front door at home.  :lol:

My favorite will always be Brian Griese tripping over his dog.  McFadden dropping his cell phone and Burleson trying to save a pizza are both pretty good, too.  Gus Frerotte spraining his neck headbutting a wall... so many good ones.

Hopefully Bryant doesn't miss games, but if he does... I hope to jeebus it's just one game.  I doubt it impacts the Miami game one way or the other, but I'd be waaay more comfortable with Bryant out there vs. NE than a street scrub.

Vaughn McClure ESPN Staff Writer 

Falcons Matt Bryant will kick Friday to see how he feels coming off back injury, but early indications are he'll be ready to go vs. Miami. If he has a setback, Falcons would have to maneuver and elevate newly signed Mike Meyer from practice squad, then make a corresponding roster move by releasing someone. But again, the thought right now is Bryant will be ready.

51 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

We NEED Money Matt in there, period!!!  Miami's defense is really good at stuffing the run --- which means we might be trying a lot of field goals, unless Matty Ice is on fire!  Which I hope is the case ---

They also gave up 7 catches for 65 yds with Gordon and 10 for 71 with Kamara.  They have thumpers at LB, but use our backs as pass catchers and they will eat vs that old *** LB corps.