AF89

US fails to qualify for World Cup

50 posts in this topic

Never in a million years thought I'd see this happen. 

New squad cant hold a candle to Landycakes generation. Howard,Dempsey,Bradley should retire from international duty tonight.

BrockSamson, kicker and AF89 like this

On some levels I'm sicker than the Superbowl  (tho not on the whole). There is no next year.

Bruce Arena and co. cannot be purged fast enough

BrockSamson likes this

5 minutes ago, AF89 said:

On some levels I'm sicker than the Superbowl  (tho not on the whole). There is no next year.

Bruce Arena and co. cannot be purged fast enough

Sunil will probably give Bruce 1 more gold cup to turn it around.

They played bad, but you can kinda see what he was trying to do towards the end in building his side around Pulisic. 

What a terrible performance all around. The only thing keeping me from a total meltdown is that would have spiked themselves in Russia as well. I’m hoping everyone at the top gets purged, because this loss has set US Soccer back quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, Forever Julian said:

Sunil will probably give Bruce 1 more gold cup to turn it around.

They played bad, but you can kinda see what he was trying to do towards the end in building his side around Pulisic. 

**** the gold cup. Gold Cups are cheap. If they don't use this to retool I'm gonna go root for Germany or some shyt

Just now, Maverick said:

What a terrible performance all around. The only thing keeping me from a total meltdown is that would have spiked themselves in Russia as well. I’m hoping everyone at the top gets purged, because this loss has set US Soccer back quite a bit.

Never know what form could have changed in a year. If we got into a good group we could've  earned points

4 minutes ago, AF89 said:

**** the gold cup. Gold Cups are cheap. If they don't use this to retool I'm gonna go root for Germany or some shyt

I feel this really hurts because of what a run next year could have meant.

NFL is clearly on the decline. CTE, and politics have rendered it the next boxing.

Baseball is too slow paced and boring.

All the momentum was with soccer, and the USMNT pulls that in Trinidad. Heartbreaking night.

NewFalcon and holymoses like this

1 minute ago, Forever Julian said:

I feel this really hurts because of what a run next year could have meant.

NFL is clearly on the decline. CTE, and politics have rendered it the next boxing.

Baseball is too slow paced and boring.

All the momentum was with soccer, and the USMNT pulls that in Trinidad. Heartbreaking night.

Yep...

We are begining to produce levels talent we've never even dreamed of before but soccer just got set back a couple years for sure.

With Pulisic as the face this would have been this the most hype world cup probably since we hosted and maybe even bigger. Now he'll be rotting on the Dortmund summer tour.

Great I just made my self sick again <_<

At least next WC the field will be expanded and one after that we auto qualify as host.

BrockSamson likes this

Tho we probably weren't beating Australia unless we just cleaned their clock in Columbus or something then held on for dear life in Sydney

13 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Never know what form could have changed in a year. If we got into a good group we could've  earned points

If they got an easy draw, there’s a possibility they could have stolen points, but I think it would have been out of pure luck. The whole US system from the ground up is flawed and hopefully this is the swift kick in the butt that they need to fix it. The US hasn’t even qualified for the last two Olympics and thats usually the stage for the U-23 teams. There’s talent coming in, but not a solid development system to mold it. 

I feel bad for Dempsey.  He still had a little more juice in the tank but his USMNT career just ended tonight for all meaningful intents and purposes, he's as done as Landon 

9 minutes ago, Maverick said:

If they got an easy draw, there’s a possibility they could have stolen points, but I think it would have been out of pure luck. The whole US system from the ground up is flawed and hopefully this is the swift kick in the butt that they need to fix it. The US hasn’t even qualified for the last two Olympics and thats usually the stage for the U-23 teams. There’s talent coming in, but not a solid development system to mold it. 

The foundations of this team are still far better at least on raw talent than any of the rosters that made it out of the group stage. I'm not saying I would've been optimistic, that defense in particular is shyt but again the World cup is still a long time from now, practically a new season really, we'd be talking about Falcons in training camp, there's absolutely no telling what form they could've been in. The fortunes of programs go from bad to great and vice versa in less time then this literally all the time. Look at Iceland and Peru. Look whats happened to Chile and the Netherlands There's no telling.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

The foundations of this team are still far better at least on raw talent than any of the rosters that made it out of the group stage. I'm not saying I would've been optimistic, that defense in particular is shyt but again the World cup is still a long time from now, practically a new season really, we'd be talking about Falcons in training camp, there's absolutely no telling what form they could've been in. The fortunes of programs go from bad to great and vice versa in less time then this literally all the time. Look at Iceland and Peru. Look whats happened to Chile and the Netherlands There's no telling.

I can agree with that. There’s definitely no telling what kind of form they would have been in considering they’d have the mindset of being in the big tournament. Our back line and even parts of the midfield have been horrible.  I can’t wait for Bradley to retire from international play.  

Chile was a big surprise considering how well they did in WC 2014 and the Copa 2016. The Netherlands, on the other hand, have been a gigantic mess since the last World Cup. All their talent got old and their management choices were suspect and they haven’t qualified for a major tournament since WC 2014.

I can only imagine the absolute gross amount of money US advertisers just lost for next year. 

Fox probably bout to have some emergency board meetings this week

kicker likes this

Good news is the U-17s look pretty good, I'm expecting to make some noise in the Olympics. If players like Josh Seargent and our own Andrew Carleton develop, we might have something good brewing for when we host in 8 years.