Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WalkingTheDawg

So...Harvey Weinstein, huh?

174 posts in this topic

Kinda figured y'all would have been all over this one. None of this stuff has really been a secret but now everyone in the entertainment industry is "shocked and disgusted" and whatnot.

30 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Kinda figured y'all would have been all over this one. None of this stuff has really been a secret but now everyone in the entertainment industry is "shocked and disgusted" and whatnot.

I don't know who he is... honestly I had no idea who he was until now.  He's a POS just like our president is a POS and Clinton

AF89 and mfaulk57158 like this

44 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Just like they are disgusted by Woody Allen and Roman Polanski...which means not really

dirtyhairy and WalkingTheDawg like this

4 minutes ago, lostone said:

I don't know who he is... honestly I had no idea who he was until now.  He's a POS just like our president is a POS and Clinton

It's my understanding that he's been a huge donor to the Clintons over the years and kinda chummy with Trump. I've been hearing about him being a sexual predator for most of my adult life. Not sure why all of these Hollywood elites are so dumbfounded. Streep called him God when she was getting her shiny trophy but now that all of this has surfaced, she's blasting him. All of the gals that have kissed his buttocks for years while they were making millions of dollars in his movies are telling their victim stories and calling for his head. They're being praised as "heroes" for their bravery but none of them said a word until they got the green light from the nyt.

If you are trying to make it, some will allow it to happen.  It's still sexual assault no matter what.  I won't blame the victim.  Because that is disgusting and keeps people who are victims in the closet.

Vogelgryff likes this

Yeah one of the really sick aspects of this story is that everybody in Hollywood knew it was happening and now they are all acting shocked.  Some of them are getting called on it though.

WalkingTheDawg likes this

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Yeah one of the really sick aspects of this story is that everybody in Hollywood knew it was happening and now they are all acting shocked.  Some of them are getting called on it though.

How do you know "everybody knew"?     

When you were eating your subway sandwich 4 years ago, did you know Jared was wacking off to kids?  Would it be fair for me to sat that you did?

Just now, thesouphead said:

How do you know "everybody knew"?     

When you were eating your subway sandwich 4 years ago, did you know Jared was wacking off to kids?  Would it be fair for me to sat that you did?

these accusations have been out there against the Hollywood elite for years. the 2 Coreys and Macauley Culkin tried to blow the whistle on it as well

4 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

these accusations have been out there against the Hollywood elite for years. the 2 Coreys and Macauley Culkin tried to blow the whistle on it as well

Corey was blowing the whistle about pedophilia as well. No one listened.

1 minute ago, Dago 3.0 said:

Regarding Harvey W?    

So when it comes to Trump's sexual misconduct....is that also "Hollywood elitism"?   How about Denny Hastert?  Is he Hollywood elite? 

Shawn Hamerlinck....Hollywood elite?     

Whats next, you tell me that cocaine addiction only happens with NFL offensive line coaches?

Just now, thesouphead said:

Regarding Harvey W?    

So when it comes to Trump's sexual misconduct....is that also "Hollywood elitism"?   How about Denny Hastert?  Is he Hollywood elite? 

Shawn Hamerlinck....Hollywood elite?     

Whats next, you tell me that cocaine addiction only happens with NFL offensive line coaches?

you seem to be taking this subject kind of personally. care to open up and tell us why?

1 minute ago, Dago 3.0 said:

you seem to be taking this subject kind of personally. care to open up and tell us why?

I just think it's silly to say that everybody knew.  I have friends that have worked in Hollywood and lived out in LA...they didn't know.   

Did Brian Finneran know Vick was fighting dogs?  Did Blank? Dunn?   McKay?      I just think it's absurd to say that everyone knew.  

1 minute ago, thesouphead said:

And this proves what?      

It proves that Harvey Weinstein had a reputation for trying to bed prospective actresses.  Either that or it is just a remarkable coincidence and a joker that wouldn't have made any sense.

Seth McFarlane called him out in front of the whole world when announcing the Oscar Nominations in 2013.

I also think it;s absurd to say that sexual misconduct is a Hollywood thing. My god...its an "everywhere" thing.  We elected "Mr. Grab em by the *****" as president.

Just now, Peyton said:

Seth McFarlane called him out in front of the whole world when announcing the Oscar Nominations in 2013.

Perhaps Seth thought it was a running joke and wasn't very serious?

If you follow Seth on twitter(which I do), you would know that he isn't one to hold back if he thinks something in serious. Do we have any serious takes from him on the issue?

I also think it;s absurd to say that sexual misconduct is a Hollywood thing. My god...its an "everywhere" thing.  We elected "Mr. Grab em by the *****" as president.

well I never said that 'everyone' knew but pretty much everyone who has come out has said that it is pretty common knowledge so excuse me if I take the word of the victims over your unnamed Hollywood friends

but hey....Trump made a stupid statement so now we aren't allowed to condemn celebrity rapists and pedophiles, right?

WalkingTheDawg likes this

Perhaps Seth thought it was a running joke and wasn't very serious?

If you follow Seth on twitter(which I do), you would know that he isn't one to hold back if he thinks something in serious. Do we have any serious takes from him on the issue?

I suspect Seth had first hand knowledge since the star actress of his Ted movies is one of the primary accusers.

Just now, Dago 3.0 said:

well I never said that 'everyone' knew but pretty much everyone who has come out has said that it is pretty common knowledge so excuse me if I take the word of the victims over your unnamed Hollywood friends

but hey....Trump made a stupid statement so now we aren't allowed to condemn celebrity rapists and pedophiles, right?

Yes...typically...the victims would know.  Jesus.      It doesn't mean that others knew...esp those who say they had no clue! 

Trump has been accused of the same things as HW....groping...raping....walking in on pageant contestants(he said he did this himself) as they were undressing. Much more than the words where he admitted to that kind of behavior. 

This thing is going to blow up into a scandal bigger than the Cosby scandal.  There is already collateral damage happening with guys like Ben Affleck.   It's going to be ugly and fascinating to watch.

mfaulk57158 likes this

4 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I suspect Seth had first hand knowledge since the star actress of his Ted movies is one of the primary accusers.

Well that would at least make sense if he had first hand/second hand knowledge. I can accept that point. 

But "Seth" is not everyone in hollywood...and Seth is not everyone how knew HW.