Maybe The Falcons shouldn't go back to their black Jersey's Full Time

As much as I like our black jerseys it seems like we lose in them often. We have been a winning franchise ever since we got those red jerseys. 

We had a lot of losing seasons when we had black in the 90's except for 1995, 1998, 2002.

We lost 2 games we should have won vs Chargers and Bills in black uniforms. There has been talk about going back to black full time but maybe we should just use them for throw back and keep the red.

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Lost the SuperBowl in red.

In red we lost:

1980 - Divisional Playoff game at home in embarrassing fashion against the Cowboys

2010 - Divisional Playoff game at home in embarrassing fashion against the Packers

2012 - NFCCG at home in embarrassing fashion against the Niners

2016 - lost Super Bowl  in embarrassing fashion against the Patriots

Buddy should probably delete this thread.

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

In red we lost:

1980 - Divisional Playoff game at home in embarrassing fashion against the Cowboys

2010 - Divisional Playoff game at home in embarrassing fashion against the Packers

2012 - NFCCG at home in embarrassing fashion against the Niners

2016 - lost Super Bowl  in embarrassing fashion against the Patriots

Buddy should probably delete this thread.

Preach!!! :slick:

Back in the late 70s, maybe early 80s, Steve McCoy had a psychic on his Z-93 morning show who said the Falcons would never win a championship in their red jerseys.

I remember thinking as a teenager in high school what a bunch of bs.

But then as a 53-year old fart, I saw last season's Superbowl happen.

Hmm, it's almost as if jersey color doesn't make a single bit of difference, except for fans who should know better unless they were a fan of the '72 Dolphins. So you can safely wash your smelly jersey, for the sake of all of us around you...

Now if you want to talk to me about a curse on Atlanta sports teams, I'm listening....

29 minutes ago, B3TD said:

Hmm, it's almost as if jersey color doesn't make a single bit of difference, except for fans who should know better unless they were a fan of the '72 Dolphins. So you can safely wash your smelly jersey, for the sake of all of us around you...

Now if you want to talk to me about a curse on Atlanta sports teams, I'm listening....

I don't think the Falcons are cursed I really don't. I think we will win a Championship soon. Maybe 2 before Matt and Julio retire. 

You could argue. We won 2 games this year by luck. The Gary Anderson miss in 1998. The way we beat Seattle on a last second FG in 2012 playoffs. That kind of stuff doesn't happen to a team that's cursed.

If anybody in the NFL is cursed it might be Lions, Vikings, Browns or Bengals the way they lose games. But I definitely don't think the Falcons are cursed. Most teams are not particularly blessed when they play against Brady and Bellicheck in the post season.

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Most teams are not particularly blessed when they play against Brady and Bellicheck in the post season.

That is the point so many miss.  It is also the reason I can't find a path to Patriot hate.  Regardless of missed blocks, failed throwaways, and runs that were not called; the Patriots still had to knock every drive down the center of the fairway for over an hour.  They did just that. Even the one play we made during that stretch was made against almost perfect defense. MVP throw and beastly catch against basically perfect DB play. 

14 hours ago, middlegatv said:

Anybody want to pull up Matt Ryan's numbers in different color jerseys?

The only way I would think jersey color would make a difference is if he sees one better when it comes to depth differential or in motion than the other colors.

Ya know (this is stupid but),  I've always wondered if that's the reason we have a hard time with the Cardinals and Chiefs.

17 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

As much as I like our black jerseys it seems like we lose in them often. We have been a winning franchise ever since we got those red jerseys. 

We had a lot of losing seasons when we had black in the 90's except for 1995, 1998, 2002.

We lost 2 games we should have won vs Chargers and Bills in black uniforms. There has been talk about going back to black full time but maybe we should just use them for throw back and keep the red.

Lol.  I hate to be superstitious, but I totally agree and when they announced they were wearing those jersey's, my first thought was 'oh crap'  

1 hour ago, brando27 said:

Ya know (this is stupid but),  I've always wondered if that's the reason we have a hard time with the Cardinals and Chiefs.

We always seem to beat The Cardinals at home during regular season.

We beat them 41-7 in 2010. 23-19 in 2012. 29-18 in 2014. And 38-19 in 2016. I say we've had their number at home lately.