Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tandy

Roger Goodell sends memo to all 32 teams regarding anthem

509 posts in this topic

Talking about honor and respect...  A very simple question: whose behavior has been the most damageable to the flag,` -  Kaepernick's or Trump's?

5 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Why? When a lot of their forefathers helped build this nation. Why should they leave?

then respect the land and colors for which the sacrifices were made....its very simple! 

All countries have issues, it doesnt mean they disrespect their national flag / anthem.

5 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

As an individual, people should have principles. If they do not believe in standing for the National Anthem what difference does it make where they are? 

Personally I stand, but respect 100% the rights of those who do not. Whatever the venue.

Working in the NFL is not a right, it is a privilege. We do not have the right to do many things at work albeit we have the right to do them generally. This is not a new concept and I believe you abide by it everyday at work, right?

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

then respect the land and colors for which the sacrifices were made....its very simple! 

All countries have issues, it doesnt mean they disrespect their national flag / anthem.

Really? Have you been to other countries? Have you seen the backlash Brazil has over their country concerns? What about China and their work laws and pay? What about India and their "classism"? 

4 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

Talking about honor and respect...  A very simple question: whose behavior has been the most damageable to the flag,` -  Kaepernick's or Trump's?

neither....you guys are missing the whole point.

its not about Trump or Kap or anyones personal / social agenda.

This is an idea of true patriotism - standing up for national anthem & respect your colors.

Its not that complicated.

PokerSteve likes this

44 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Protests doesnt mean you disrespect your national flag / anthem by sitting down...and standing up for other nations national anthem when they went overseas.

These young athletes dont know what it is like to be in other countries....Im a son of immigrant who was raised overseas, now a citizen in this great country for over past  2 decades.

I have been to over 94 countries.....lived for year or less in half of them. 

Theres NO BETTER country than U.S.A!! 

Are we perfect? Absolutely, NO. But, all these issues can be handled before and after our national anthem at right platform being involved in our society and right people.

And these guys act as if they are oppressed and racially abused every waking moment.

Theres NO nation on this planet who accommodates so many different races, allows to practice their religion, express rights in one small fabric of our society and being world leader at the same hand.

#respectyourflag

#nationoverfootball 

I will banish all sports events, team gears if this trend continues...even if its my own Falcons.

Good post.They are are very wealthy compared to the population. Then there is the racially abused Oprah, et. al..

PokerSteve and mattyicefalcon like this

Any person born in the United States has privilege far beyond most of the res of the world. The fact you have political operatives pushing this victimhood/oppression narrative to multi millionaires who have been given the American Dream on a silver platter is deeply disturbing. 

I have seen real oppression. I have traveled all over the world and seen grinding poverty on both sides of the street for days on end in India, Asia and Africa. I have seen the results of genocide in Africa where innocent villages are destroyed, villages murdered and raped, women's breasts cut off so this cannot feed their babies.....I have seen malnutrition and babies crawling around in raw sewage, mass starvation in slums around the world where millions of indigents live.

Many Americans know what I know so when we see privileged Americans experiencing the American dream at a level most of us will never know disrespecting our flag and our anthem, we are sickened. If you want change, make it happen without disrespecting this great nation.  

I also have a concern with inner city youth. I personally volunteer and mentor many inner city black youth who don't have role models and help them become fathers, husbands and sons. I help them establish a relationship with God.  I make a difference without disrespecting this great country.

I am all for social changes and addressing problems within our society that can be better. I am not for anyone who refuses to stand for our National Anthem that shows disrespect to a country that has given them so much.

2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

This is an idea of true patriotism - standing up for national anthem & respect your colors.

YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT. It IS about social agenda. Innocent blacks being killed by happy trigger cops. Have you EVER been racial profiled?

EJmusic and caponine like this

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I respect your opinion. But, you are soo oblivious to world reality ....I cant blame you.

You will learn with time.

I have been around myself, and have found other countries that I would live in. Some places get better or worse to live-in over time, depending on leadership, economy, and tolerance to self-criticism. The last one being very important!

Its not about the flag or anthem. It was never about that . It was first about the injustice in America facing minorities but now we have twisted it anyway we could 

2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Funny you say that, because it was a navy seal’s idea for Kaep to kneel and not sit 

1 minute ago, Vogelgryff said:

Funny how some put their patriotism in a piece of fabrics while some others rather put in the pursuit of happiness for all...

yep, the fabric represents it. Well done.

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Its not about the flag or anthem. It was never about that . It was first about the injustice in America facing minorities but now we have twisted it anyway we could 

They're acting clueless.

6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Just in a place where it can be ignored right? 

And btw kneeling isn't showing anymore disrespect to the flag than half a dozen other things I see every Sunday that no one even raises an eyebrow over. Funny how the outrage is never the same over those though.

Sure people disrespect the flag everyday and as long as you are doing it in a public forum or a public street, I support your right as an expression. But not at a football game. And the players are public figures. I am sure they can garner attention to their cause off the football field.

4 minutes ago, Ryan2Julio11 said:

Funny you say that, because it was a navy seal’s idea for Kaep to kneel and not sit 

one navy seal does not represent our nation or national flag.

7 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Any person born in the United States has privilege far beyond most of the res of the world. The fact you have political operatives pushing this victimhood/oppression narrative to multi millionaires who have been given the American Dream on a silver platter is deeply disturbing. 

I have seen real oppression. I have traveled all over the world and seen grinding poverty on both sides of the street for days on end in India and Africa. I have seen the results of genocide in Africa where innocent villages are destroyed, villages nirdered and raped, women's breasts cut off so this cannot feed their babies.....I have seen malnutrition and babies crawling around in wpraw sewage, mass starvation in slums around the world where millions of indigents live.

Many Americans know what I know so when we see privileged Americans experiencing the American dream at a level most of us will never know, we are sickened.

I am all for social changes and addressing problems within our society that can be better. I am not for anyone who refuses to stand for our National Anthem that shows disrespect to a country that has given them so much.

thank you !! thats exactly my point....most of these guys who are protesting are soo oblivious  to world reality.

Everything for them is an "entitlement" thats a **** problem. 

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT. It IS about social agenda. Innocent blacks being killed by happy trigger cops.

When the national anthem was written, my ancestors were ripped from their homes, history, and heritage. The national anthem was never for African Americans. The police were created for Jim Crow to police my grandfather and grandmother. Today cops still have a quick trigger finger for African American men. I understand that these athletes are rich, they aren't kneeling for themselves. They are kneeling for me. 

5 minutes ago, nolove4thecrook said:

Its funny Goodell didnt say anything until he saw the ratings starting to plummet drastically. I do have an idea to boost them have the falcons win the superbowl :D:ninja:

lol! Im in tech industry and I can make it happen...ONLY if they win S.B!! 

nolove4thecrook likes this

one navy seal does not represent our nation or national flag.

thank you !! thats exactly my point....most of these guys who are protesting are soo oblivious  to world reality.

Everything for them is an "entitlement" thats a **** problem. 

Entitlement? WTF? You sound like a privileged Caucasian now. Holla at me when you been racial profiled for something. Anything.