Tandy

Roger Goodell sends memo to all 32 teams regarding anthem

511 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, vel said:

No he gets it. He just will never admit to anything that would suggest it. There is nothing wrong with sweet mother America to him. 

I'm not sure... that's why it's pathetic... and worrisome. I'm sure he thinks he's a genuine patriot.

12 minutes ago, vel said:

I didn't say who was in favor, I asked what's more disrespectful. It's a plain A or B question that you learn how to answer at an early age. But from the looks of it, you'd rather not answer said question for some reason...

The two questions are not comparable or compatible. Any perceived lack of concern/disrespect for social injustice by me, which is a complete lie, but if I'm to be the example, what I do or think does not equal the impact of the disrespect of dozens of millionaire football players insulting the flag in front of millions of people world-wide on national television.

However, if I totally lacked concern for social injustice, that doesn't begin to do as much damage or close the minds of those who you want to get your message across to as the athletes kneeling. You do see that, don't you?

4 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

I'm not sure... that's why it's pathetic... and worrisome. I'm sure he thinks he's a genuine patriot.

Oh, come on. Next you'll be telling me that YOU are a genuine patriot. :lol:

4 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Oh, come on. Next you'll be telling me that YOU are a genuine patriot. :lol:

Good question. I'm beginning to wonder if the USA is really such a great nation since we forcibly have to be reminded before every f...ing football game...

17 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

The two questions are not comparable or compatible. Any perceived lack of concern/disrespect for social injustice by me, which is a complete lie, but if I'm to be the example, what I do or think does not equal the impact of the disrespect of dozens of millionaire football players insulting the flag in front of millions of people world-wide on national television.

However, if I totally lacked concern for social injustice, that doesn't begin to do as much damage or close the minds of those who you want to get your message across to as the athletes kneeling. You do see that, don't you?

So basically a group of men kneeling in an effort to highlight the myriad of injustices against citizens of this country is more disrespectful than the actual death of citizens of this country. 

Got it. 

Vogelgryff likes this

27 minutes ago, vel said:

So basically a group of men kneeling in an effort to highlight the myriad of injustices against citizens of this country is more disrespectful than the actual death of citizens of this country. 

Got it. 

Don't bother: he's the perfect little soldier. He would test dreadfully in a Milgram experiment...

vel likes this

I thought about bringing the Georgia flag I was born under to troll Seattle fans in 2011, since they're so easily triggered around here ;).  But I thought better of it because I wouldn't want an Atlanta player to take it the wrong way.  

But I did do my "good deed" to a fellow Falcons fan even though he didn't deserve it.  After we won, his drunk *** slaps the back of the head of a guy in a Seahawks hat knocking it off.  This was done with cops standing in the aisles.  They wouldn't let us near the tunnel even though I was able to cheer the Falcons at the start of the game.  Well the cops handcuff him and start to haul him away until they notice I'm filming.  They kind of chest bump me yelling "Step back, step back!"  Of course I comply, but keep filming. Then their sergeant has a pow wow with them and uncuffs the guy telling him to go directly to his car and not start any trouble.

22 hours ago, vel said:

Got it. 

So basically a group of millionaires kneeling in a show of disrespect to the flag and for the hundreds of thousands of people who died to preserve it is more respectful than going out ON THEIR OWN TIME and USING THEIR OWN MONEY to actually tackle the problem(s) in an effective way instead of a completely non-productive, divisive, anti-American way.

Got it.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:36 PM, MAD597 said:

Protests are not supposed to be comfortable, that is the entire point of them

I do not spend the money I spend on Falcons tickets to be made uncomfortable.  I get enough of that during the week!!