Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tandy

Roger Goodell sends memo to all 32 teams regarding anthem

509 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, voicefromdade said:

According to Fatal Encounters, the database created by former Reno News & Review editor and journalism instructor Burghart (which tracks all deaths resulting from interactions with police), a total of 1,388 people were killed by police in 2015, 318 (23%) of them black, and 560 (40%) of them white. So roughly 23 percent of those killed by any police interaction in 2015 were black and just over 40 percent were white. According to those statistics (adjusted for racial demographics), black people had a 2.7 higher likelihood of being killed by police than whites.

The grim trend has carried over into 2016. Of the 1,034 people killed and tracked by Burghart’s Fatal Encounters database so far this year, 215 were black while 338 were white, so thus far in 2016 black Americans have been three times more likely than white people to die in interactions with police. That statistic holds for figures sent to us by Burghart compiled between Jan. 1, 2013 to Sept. 21, 2016, with suicides-by-cop removed. Burghart told us:

http://www.snopes.com/do-police-kill-more-whites-than-black-people/

See, I can do it too.

MAD597 and ATLFalcons11 like this

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Bro you can also look at history, it will tell you a story and push what you just typed to the side.

Im talking about now. Stop living in the past. 

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

If I go up to other Americans with my middle finger extended to them in their face, I can say it’s not about me flipping hem off, that  I’m actually protesting Chinese dog food.

The problem is, many people woild readi my protest as highly offensive and disrespectful.

Its the same issue with kneeling during our countries national anthem. You can tell me it’s about Chinese dog food or anything else you want, Many patriotic Americans interpret it as grossly disrespecting just as sticking your middle finger in their face.

Again, I’m walking into a group of inner city white, black and Mexican Americans to help mentor some of them as I see a problem with inner city not being addressed.

i don’t have to go shove my middle finger in peoples faces and tell them I’m protesting inner city youth mistreatment, I actually do something I can do to help instead of offend.

Not equivalent. Do you wish people you don’t like happy New Years? Or do you quietly choose to not celebrate with them?

4 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Well from what i read there are 160 million more white people in the United States than blacks. So statiscally if you are white you have a much much greater chance of being shot.

1 white is killed per 22600 arrest made

1 black is killed per 24700 arrest mAde

so regardless of population, don't  commit crimes and you're less likely to be shot by police... even tho as u see, it's tough being white these days, maybe someone should protest

1 minute ago, voicefromdade said:

1 white is killed per 22600 arrest made

1 black is killed per 24700 arrest mAde

so regardless of population, don't  commit crimes and you're less likely to be shot by police... even tho as u see, it's tough being white these days, maybe someone should protest

Really? You're truly delusional.

ATLFalcons11 likes this

3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Never mind the fact Blacks only make up about 13% of the American population according to the 2010 census, thus the concept that blacks are disproportionately killed more by cops then white people and the fact they tend to walk away without punishment even with video evidence. As of the 2010 census whites are 72% of the population.

The number of blacks killed are WAY WAY higher then it should be given the percentage of the population that are black compared to the percentage that are white.

Why does nobody want to bring up the disproportionate amount of crime that blacks commit? 

If you want to have an honest discussion you need to be honest with yourself. 

There are more blacks killed by blacks daily in Chicago than cops kill in an entire year. 

You wanna fix things start at the source. 

3 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Then why are people worried about kneeling? 

Because of the disrespect it shows to all those Americans who died so you wouldn't be speaking British, German or Japanese and digging a ditch instead of yakking on an internet website?

4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I normally stay out of it. Mainly because I refuse to boycott and miss the season. I'm usually not standing during the game unless I'm armchair coaching. And I am not big on other people's opinions or sharing mine on real issues and I have my reasons.

I am very surprised at some of the things I see and hear. Flies in the face of my understanding of what this nation was built on. Nothing wrong with a peaceful protest. I served, my dad fought, I now work in the private sector. I agree, we stand for the flag. I also agree it is a right to protest. 

There is no communication in this country. No middle ground because everyone is so righteous no one can be wrong. The problem won't get fixed because no one will understand what anyone else says. I don't share my opinion on RL. Why? I'm exhausted. I don't listen anymore. Why? Same reason. I'm an example of what's wrong, but I don't mind admitting it. Can you?

i agree... everybody is stuck with their tribes... No one wants to just sit down and listen

3 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

it should be a privilege an utmost honor. 

if anyone has soo much problem with their country ....they just should just effin leave!! 

or if they want to do something, contribute in society, work as a public servant and stay engaged in our community.

if one cant, then they should effin leave !!! its simple ...surrender your citizenship and just effin leave!!

This entire country that you so respect was founded off of the exact opposite mindset. I mean that literally. 

"You don't love living under English rule.....well effing leave." Thomas Jefferson

Flying Falcon and red falcon like this

What good did kneelong do? It got people talking? Made people "uncomfortable?" Did it save any lives? Did it prevent any police brutality? I highly doubt it. The protest did no good, Lets go back in time...did the Rodney King riots stop anything, well considering there is protests over the same **** 30 years later, obviously not. 

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

Because of the disrespect it shows to all those Americans who died so you wouldn't be speaking British, German or Japanese and digging a ditch instead of yakking on an internet website?

Disrespectful to who? Not to the ones who served. They already stated that.

Just now, PokerSteve said:

How is refusing paid patriotism disrespectful? As someone serving, I’m curious

Just now, Miller2Rison said:

What good did kneelong do? It got people talking? Made people "uncomfortable?" Did it save any lives? Did it prevent any police brutality? I highly doubt it. The protest did no good, Lets go back in time...did the Rodney King riots stop anything, well considering there is protests over the same **** 30 years later, obviously not. 

What good does wearing pink do for finding a cure for breast cancer?

turnerdburner and Jpowers like this

2 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

According to Fatal Encounters, the database created by former Reno News & Review editor and journalism instructor Burghart (which tracks all deaths resulting from interactions with police), a total of 1,388 people were killed by police in 2015, 318 (23%) of them black, and 560 (40%) of them white. So roughly 23 percent of those killed by any police interaction in 2015 were black and just over 40 percent were white. According to those statistics (adjusted for racial demographics), black people had a 2.7 higher likelihood of being killed by police than whites.

The grim trend has carried over into 2016. Of the 1,034 people killed and tracked by Burghart’s Fatal Encounters database so far this year, 215 were black while 338 were white, so thus far in 2016 black Americans have been three times more likely than white people to die in interactions with police. That statistic holds for figures sent to us by Burghart compiled between Jan. 1, 2013 to Sept. 21, 2016, with suicides-by-cop removed. Burghart told us:

http://www.snopes.com/do-police-kill-more-whites-than-black-people/

See, I can do it too.

Yep you gotta ask why this is why are blacks who make up a much smaller percentage of the population 13% VS 72% for whites so close in number overall to being killed by cops. This is why people are protesting and until someone can fix this or come up with a non racist valid reason the protests will continue in various way in society.

POC feel they might die when being pulled over speeding or like Michael Bennett simply walking in public at night. This is ridiculous that certain sections of our population feel their lives are in danger by the people that are supposed to protect them. The psychological damage this does is immeasurable.

But hey kneeling is just way to extreme huh?

Flying Falcon likes this

FBI data shows 42 percent of cops killed are killed by blacks... yet they only make up 13 percent of the population... wow, maybe Malcolm Jenkins should protest for the cops... or maybe he should just stick to playing football

Just now, atljbo said:

i agree... everybody is stuck with their tribes... No one wants to just sit down and listen

I actually disagree with "everybody" but I feel like I know what you meant. 

I've personally have had countless conversations with the opposing view. I've changed my view on a few things and others have changed theirs. It's such an amazing feeling so when you see me posting it's because I want to have that moment again. 

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Considering Kaep asked military personnel what would be better than sitting, which was his original protest position, they told him to kneel. So who is it actually disrespecting? People who think they can police patriotism...

Flying Falcon likes this

This is all I have to add to this controversy. If I see one Falcon player kneel during the national anthem with the flag, the Falcons are dead to me! I have been with this team from the beginning but I can't deal with this. Any player who kneels should be fined $50k with half going to community  effort to communicate with law enforcement and half going to the families who lost their law loved ones.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Im talking about now. Stop living in the past. 

So what is happening today is not affected by the past? What are you doing to change it ?Other than spewing "facts that support your argumemt?"

2 minutes ago, Miller2Rison said:

What good did marching do?

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Why does nobody want to bring up the disproportionate amount of crime that blacks commit? 

If you want to have an honest discussion you need to be honest with yourself. 

There are more blacks killed by blacks daily in Chicago than cops kill in an entire year. 

You wanna fix things start at the source. 

So you are literally saying blacks commit more crimes? Please explain this in a non racist way,

blkbigdog35 likes this