Defense Wins Championships

I just wanted to shout out the defense and spread some love. Despite our lack of forced turnovers, the D has played very well as a unit. 

Aaron Rodgers' garbage time TDs and Matts TOs scew the stats a little yet we still are only giving up 17.25 pts a game defensively which hasn't happened in quite some time.

Riley has to clean up his tackling obviously, but overall we are looking like a solid unit. So much so that the offense has been able to loligag for 3 out of 4 games and we still be in position to win.

We came in to the season saying that the offense would be the engine and the defense just needed to play well enough so that we could be successful. It's becoming the opposite now.

Our offense has essentially spotted our opponents 20 pts off turnovers by either return for scores or getting the ball already in field goal range off turnovers.

Were also top 10 in total yards per game which is what we all wanted coming in to the year.

I must say, I'm proud of that side of the ball so far. They aren't hungover at all.

Offense... get your **** together. We should be undefeated, and the the Lions and Bears games should have never come down to the wire had the offense played well.  

Edited by LightningDawg58

17 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I just wanted to shout out the defense and spread some love. Despite our lack of forced turnovers, the D has played very well as a unit. 

Aaron Rodgers' garbage time TDs and Matts TOs scew the stats a little yet we still are only giving up 17.25 pts a game defensively which hasn't happened in quite some time.

Riley has to clean up his tackling obviously, but overall we are looking like a solid unit. So much so that the offense has been able to loligag for 3 out of 4 games and we still be in position to win.

We came in to the season saying that the offense would be the engine and the defense just needed to play well enough so that we could be successful. It's becoming the opposite now.

Our offense has essentially spotted our opponents 20 pts off turnovers by either return for scores or getting the ball already in field goal range off turnovers.

Were also #10 in total yards per game which is what we all wanted coming in to the year.

I must say, I'm proud of that side of the ball so far. They aren't hungover at all.

Offense... get your **** together. We should be undefeated, and the the Lions and Bears games should have never come down to the wire had the offense played well.  

6th total yards

7th against the pass

8th against the run

10th in pts per game

Edited by RING OF HONOR

Our defense can still improve, with Keanu Neal, Trufant, and Debo all at least slightly under-performing. As well as Beasley being out two games. The unit should get better as the year goes on. Now the offense just needs to match their level of play. Crazy how that's what we're saying considering how last year went. 

11 minutes ago, The Vent King said:

I just don’t get why they are not getting him more involved especially after that performance. Dude can play bro!

Because he's had to help on the line.    With Schraeder back - it should get much better out there.

3 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Our defense can still improve, with Keanu Neal, Trufant, and Debo all at least slightly under-performing. As well as Beasley being out two games. The unit should get better as the year goes on. Now the offense just needs to match their level of play. Crazy how that's what we're saying considering how last year went. 

Beasley and Takk hunting from the the outside and Rico calling coverages will make this defense hum.  

18 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Austin hooper still has the longest TD/Reception in the nfl through 5 weeks with his 88 yard Stiff arm clinic 

With people keying in on Julio. Line Hooper up wide, and create a mismatch. Also, when Julio is not running a deep route, defenses are not respecting us. Gabriel does not clear a path for other receivers. Julio creates those double teams.

I got mixed feelings on the defense this year. The QBs pressures have greatly increased. This is like another team in that sense. Poe has been a big factor, and in spite of my initial concerns, Mckinnley has shown promise with his tenacity to go after the QB. However what I thought was a strength with the D is a bit concerning, the secondary have struggled. Trufant has struggled in coverage, and Neal too, despite the big hits he brings. Duke also hasn't lived up to the hype. So hopefully that has been worked out somewhat during the off-week.

On 10/9/2017 at 2:30 PM, slick0ne said:

Frustrating watching this offense right now, but their is no reason they shouldn't get it together.

The defense hasn't even hit their stride yet. Once they clean up the tackling and get more comfortable...Look out!!!

I expect everything to be firing on all cylinders by, let's say, the Patriots Sunday night 8:30pm prime time nationally televised game!

Just now, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

OMG I feel like such a (I used a word here that required my mouth to be washed out). In the Dan Quinn victory speech post I called you "bro". I apologize. I didn't know you were female SMH.

No worries.     Screen names are pretty anonymous anyway - so it's understandable.