Dolphins game must win - and upcoming schedule

g-dawg

The Dolphins have been horrid this year and we are at home, so obviously we should win.  To me, the Buffalo loss makes this a "must win."

Upcoming Schedule (next 6 games):

vs. Dolphins (2-2)

@ Patriots (3-2)

@ Jets (3-2)

@ Carolina (4-1)

vs Cowboys (2-3)

@ Seattle (3-2)

That is a brutal stretch of games and you would have to admit that Carolina is rounding into shape.  It doesn't necessarily get easier after this stretch but more division games and more home than away.  The Patriots seem vulnerable but a night game in New England will be tough - we will need to be at full strength to go up there and overcome Tom Brady.   Quinn should keep his foot on the gas the whole 60 minutes.   The Jets are a surprising 3-2 and have beat a lot of bad teams - but nevertheless - an NFL win is a win.

Cowboys game at home looks winnable - but going to Seattle, you have to defeat the Seattle Players and the Seattle Referees - a tall order.   Good chance we could be 6-4 after that stretch if we are not sharp coming out of this bye week.    Panthers have an easier schedule than Falcons and their tougher games are home games with Philadelphia, Minnesota and Green Bay all at home.   Dolphins game is must win.   Ideally, we really need to go at least 4-2 (or hopefully better) over those next six games but at least 3-3.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Falcons can lose all those games or win all those games. These two weeks on the bye should help them get everything lined up. If not it could be a long hangover.

obviously they could win all or lose all - it is the NFL after all.

The Falcons are really gonna need to clean up their mistakes and loose play that we saw over first four weeks.  As has been stated numerous times, Falcons could have just as easily been 1-3 as 3-1.   If we play the next 6 weeks like we did the first 4, then it could get ugly.  Hopefully Falcons come out guns a blazing and hitting on all cylinders and we go on a run - obviously we are all hoping for that result.  One thing is for certain, if we go 4-2 or better over the next six, that bodes well for us.

As stated, every game is a must win. As fans I think we look too far in the future. Lets get THIS win first and worry about the next one next. That is how we did it last year and what made us a success. I hope this bye was used to sort some things out and tighten some things up. A blow out may make fans feel good this week but caution that and look closer. I want to see fixes and things that show me we are sustainable in our efforts from last year and not creatures of happenstance. 

From the moment I saw the schedule I had @CAR circled as a loss.  Final game of a 3 game road trip...coming off an emotional game a few weeks earlier...division opponent...nasty.  h

However, I think we win our next three leading up to that putting us 6-2 halfway through the season.  I'll take that.

10 minutes ago, HULK said:

As stated, every game is a must win. As fans I think we look too far in the future. Lets get THIS win first and worry about the next one next. That is how we did it last year and what made us a success. I hope this bye was used to sort some things out and tighten some things up. A blow out may make fans feel good this week but caution that and look closer. I want to see fixes and things that show me we are sustainable in our efforts from last year and not creatures of happenstance. 

Certainly the team needs to take teams one game at a time.  Not sure a fan looking past one game has much of an impact on the team. 

Early bye weeks suck, but we needed it this week. No NFL game is a cakewalk until it is, but the Dolphins should not pose much of a problem. If they do, it could be a long season. But 3-3 through that stretch would be okay but I know a lot of folks here expectations are much higher than that based on the nice run we went on last season.

7 minutes ago, kschreck said:

Certainly the team needs to take teams one game at a time.  Not sure a fan looking past one game has much of an impact on the team. 

I never said it did have an impact at all. Last I checked none of us suit up on sunday for the team so we cant influence any outcome lol.... The point I was making is even as fans to simply compartmentalize and be in the moment. I honestly look at each week a new and I dont pay attention to who is next after this week's opponent. With that said, I am not afraid of any team and I can easily see where we can get our W from each week. Whether it happens that way or not is left for the team on the field but I dont concede anything to anyone! 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

The Dolphins have been horrid this year and we are at home, so obviously we should win.  To me, the Buffalo loss makes this a "must win."

Upcoming Schedule (next 6 games):

vs. Dolphins (2-2)

@ Patriots (3-2)

@ Jets (3-2)

@ Carolina (4-1)

vs Cowboys (2-3)

@ Seattle (3-2)

That is a brutal stretch of games and you would have to admit that Carolina is rounding into shape.  It doesn't necessarily get easier after this stretch but more division games and more home than away.  The Patriots seem vulnerable but a night game in New England will be tough - we will need to be at full strength to go up there and overcome Tom Brady.   Quinn should keep his foot on the gas the whole 60 minutes.   The Jets are a surprising 3-2 and have beat a lot of bad teams - but nevertheless - an NFL win is a win.

Cowboys game at home looks winnable - but going to Seattle, you have to defeat the Seattle Players and the Seattle Referees - a tall order.   Good chance we could be 6-4 after that stretch if we are not sharp coming out of this bye week.    Panthers have an easier schedule than Falcons and their tougher games are home games with Philadelphia, Minnesota and Green Bay all at home.   Dolphins game is must win.   Ideally, we really need to go at least 4-2 (or hopefully better) over those next six games but at least 3-3.

The carolina won alone makes it a must win. They’re 4-1 and would have a better overall record if we fall to 3-2. The buffalo game may have some significance down the line if we end up with the same Record tho. 

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Falcons can lose all those games or win all those games. These two weeks on the bye should help them get everything lined up. If not it could be a long hangover.

1 hour ago, NCFalconfan said:

They're all must win. The NFC is wide open this year.

1 hour ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Bro your nfl insight is on another level!! 

I believe what Jesus means is what NCFalconfan is saying combined with how we have been playing. The Falcons aren't exactly inspiring confidence with their recent play. 

7 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

all I know is FIRST we need to beat Miami convincingly. 

Eliminate mistakes which were happening past 4 games.

And then, avoid media till October 22nd - because all they will have on news is how we blew a  28-3 lead to Patriots and how yet again we will be underdogs on road.

This is exactly what I meant. I dont concede anything to any of those teams. Not cocky but if we keep our own ish tight then other teams fear us... not the other way around. Lets take care of Miami and worry about tomorrow when it comes!

anything less than 4-2 with one of the losses being to Carolina and winning the NFCS is going to be extremely difficult. 

The loss to Buffalo was bad, no way to spin it. Beating Carolina in Charlotte will more than make up for it, but that looked like a bad timing game even before the Panthers started playing better. 

Carolina matched ATL's win in Detroit, can the Falcons match CAR's win in Foxboro? 

8 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

anything less than 4-2 with one of the losses being to Carolina and winning the NFCS is going to be extremely difficult. 

The loss to Buffalo was bad, no way to spin it. Beating Carolina in Charlotte will more than make up for it, but that looked like a bad timing game even before the Panthers started playing better. 

Carolina matched ATL's win in Detroit, can the Falcons match CAR's win in Foxboro? 

for all those that were throwing dirt on Cam - they are eating their words right now.

Carolina is the hardest game in that stretch. We should be able to beat NE handily if we play clean football and don't get caught up in the SB narrative. Dallas is tough but it's a home game, which should help. Stop Zeke. That's hard, but doable. 

I'd rank level of difficulty as:

Carolina

New England

Dallas

Seatle

New York

Miami

I think we come out of this 5-1. We're more talented than all of these teams. If we can get through MIA, NE, NYJ 3-0, I think we'll have the momentum to get 5-1. I don't think Seattle is good. It's getting by Carolina on the road and Dallas at home after this rough stretch. 

Let's #RISEUP!

Careful with the thought process that we must blow out the Dolphins.  Each NFL game is an entity unto itself.  You know the old adage that styles make fights?  Well it holds true across all sports.  Doesn't matter how they've looked against everyone else.  That defense has played top 10 ball and could make the afternoon a long one.

Just focus on getting the W.

55 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Careful with the thought process that we must blow out the Dolphins.  Each NFL game is an entity unto itself.  You know the old adage that styles make fights?  Well it holds true across all sports.  Doesn't matter how they've looked against everyone else.  That defense has played top 10 ball and could make the afternoon a long one.

Just focus on getting the W.

I would be disappointed though if we didn't hold them to just a few points as good as our D is supposed to be. This in light of the fact the worst defense in football shut them out.