Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why exactly do you think this?

I watch a lot of football, ask @vel I be on them games lol. I really haven't seen anything from Philly that leads me to believe they'll score a lot on the Panthers. it all really depends on Cam. if he's on, Philly is toast and wouldn't survive a shootout. hopefully I'm wrong as this is secretly a reverse psychology type of deal

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

I watch a lot of football, ask @vel I be on them games lol. I really haven't seen anything from Philly that leads me to believe they'll score a lot on the Panthers. it all really depends on Cam. if he's on, Philly is toast and wouldn't survive a shootout. hopefully I'm wrong as this is secretly a reverse psychology type of deal

I watch a lot of football too and I think your assessment of the Eagles is pretty off base. The Eagles defense is one of the best in the NFL, and Carson Wentz and the offense has improved over last year with the additions of Torrey Smith and Alshon Jeffrey. The Eagles are a very dangerous team and I think you're either greatly overselling the Panthers or greatly underselling the Eagles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 0:22 PM, raysnill1 said:

hate to be that guy but I think the Panthers are gonna destroy the Eagles, like really bad. like by 3 TDs bad

We'll lead by 3 touchdowns by the end of the third quarter, go to prevent, and watch them tie the game and force us into a situation where Gano has to make another clutch kick.

It's the cardiac cat way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as my personal opinion on this matchup, it's going to be tough. I think our o-line took advantage of less than average D-lines and found success. Cam didn't do so well weeks 1-3 due to a lack of a pocket and poor pass protection alongside nursing his injured shoulder.

Could see this turn into a defensive battle and a poor offensive performance from both sides, as Eagles best olinemen are also injured. 

Add the fact it's a TNF game, and it'll be ugly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

As far as my personal opinion on this matchup, it's going to be tough. I think our o-line took advantage of less than average D-lines and found success. Cam didn't do so well weeks 1-3 due to a lack of a pocket and poor pass protection alongside nursing his injured shoulder.

Could see this turn into a defensive battle and a poor offensive performance from both sides, as Eagles best olinemen are also injured. 

Add the fact it's a TNF game, and it'll be ugly.

I think many here are badly underselling the Eagles. I think the Eagles could possibly be the best team in the NFC. To the Panthers credit they're better than I expected, and Cam has really played well the last couple of weeks. I think despite the short week and typical sloppiness that we've come to expect from TNF games, I think we're in for a good one. I think the Eagles edge the Panthers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

As far as my personal opinion on this matchup, it's going to be tough. I think our o-line took advantage of less than average D-lines and found success. Cam didn't do so well weeks 1-3 due to a lack of a pocket and poor pass protection alongside nursing his injured shoulder.

Could see this turn into a defensive battle and a poor offensive performance from both sides, as Eagles best olinemen are also injured. 

Add the fact it's a TNF game, and it'll be ugly.

:ninja:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 5:28 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

I watch a lot of football too and I think your assessment of the Eagles is pretty off base. The Eagles defense is one of the best in the NFL, and Carson Wentz and the offense has improved over last year with the additions of Torrey Smith and Alshon Jeffrey. The Eagles are a very dangerous team and I think you're either greatly overselling the Panthers or greatly underselling the Eagles.

 

23 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think many here are badly underselling the Eagles. I think the Eagles could possibly be the best team in the NFC. To the Panthers credit they're better than I expected, and Cam has really played well the last couple of weeks. I think despite the short week and typical sloppiness that we've come to expect from TNF games, I think we're in for a good one. I think the Eagles edge the Panthers.

It's not often that I nail an NFL prediction this closely. Gonna brag on myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 4:00 PM, raysnill1 said:

I watch a lot of football, ask @vel I be on them games lol. I really haven't seen anything from Philly that leads me to believe they'll score a lot on the Panthers. it all really depends on Cam. if he's on, Philly is toast and wouldn't survive a shootout. hopefully I'm wrong as this is secretly a reverse psychology type of deal

since we upping our own posts and slapping ourselves on the back

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles have a good pass rush, on national TV. But before everyone crowns them NFC Champs, there is one other team they are going to have to deal with. Uhmmm. Wanna guess? 

The Atlanta Falcons!!!!!!!!

The irony is the Eagles are stealing plays the Falcons used last season if you watch the video. And the Falcons aren't playing 100% full throttle on offense no huddle this season. And I think that's what's hurting the Falcons. I mean it's not the play calls, it's the TEMPO and Matt Ryan sitting back trying to be Tom Brady when that's not how he's been successful playing the game, it's the NO HUDDLE high speed offense. But the problem is when you got a high speed offense, you need to PLAY FAST and not try and methodically move down that field. Otherwise the SPEED factor which benefits your SPEEDY team the most goes to waste. 

Oh well, just my opinion. Yeah, the Falcons defense didn't hold and it cost them the superbowl last season. But the OFFENSE needs to get over that SCORING TO QUICK BS and get back to what works the best for them, and that's play SPEEDY when you are a SPEEDY OFFENSE! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...