Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Madden Roster Update...wth

60 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Been killing em with Duke debo camp and ish. Been running 46 for a min

Been seeing a lot of pros running 3-4 odd out of Pats playbook. Just started to lab it a bit in practice mode. Not sure if it’s for me yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The issue with Madden's overall rating system is that too much of a player's speed is factored into overall. It's been like that since I started playing Madden back in the 90s. The faster guys, regardless of how good or bad they really are, will always have higher overalls, even if they don't deserve it. It's why fast QBs like Vick and Cam always were rated so highly even though they shouldn't have been because of their passing skills.

I can see that.  I mean, you escape pressure, make the right read and (nowadays) throw a pass with the right touch, and it doesn't matter in the slightest if the guy is actually a good QB or WR. Its all up to the user or the guys speed. The rest doesn't matter much.

I mean, It's a video game designed to be challenging but not frustrating, so expecting accuracy of ratings isn't really relevant to how they want the user experience to feel, which is the only thing they care about..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Been seeing a lot of pros running 3-4 odd out of Pats playbook. Just started to lab it a bit in practice mode. Not sure if it’s for me yet. 

I'll take a look at that, do you adjust the roster at all then for Beasley? I tried Oaklands playbooks the other day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, poutlipper said:

What do you mean?  I agree, but I'm not sure if there's some strategy I don't know about.  For example, I don't care what overall is on WR and RB, i'll take speed all day.. is there a specific stat for DB I don't know about?

Thresholds in the individual attributes are what matter. Check this article out

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good run play to use is inside zone out of shotgun. Shift the line however you do and put the camera high so you can see every single hole that opens easily. I average at least 10 yards per run with occasional home runs

blkbigdog35 and poutlipper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Wow. Is it recess already?

Dude is a smart *** all the time to people on here.

For whatever reason many of you guys like it but I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I'll take a look at that, do you adjust the roster at all then for Beasley? I tried Oaklands playbooks the other day

A little bit. For 3-4 I place Campbell as my second MLB. My down DL are usually Poe, Jarrett, and Takk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

A good run play to use is inside zone out of shotgun. Shift the line however you do and put the camera high so you can see every single hole that opens easily. I average at least 10 yards per run with occasional home runs

That sh1t doesn't work against me though :D

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

Nope, trolls are just sad is all. Carry on the sad. 

 

5 hours ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

You sure do talk about being butthurt quite a bit, that must be your thing too.

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

Dude is a smart *** all the time to people on here.

For whatever reason many of you guys like it but I don't.

Or we just don't let it get to us. It's a message board. Relax.

Yo_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Wornout been following me for days man. I must have really erked him.

I've got a poster like that on here. He doesn't stock me but he's a little on the sensitive side. Always blocking and unblocking me whenever I disagree with him, which is always because he's always doom and gloom about everything.

Yo_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

A good run play to use is inside zone out of shotgun. Shift the line however you do and put the camera high so you can see every single hole that opens easily. I average at least 10 yards per run with occasional home runs

How many dif plays you run and can it be shut down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

How many dif plays you run and can it be shut down?

I run a ton of different plays and actually pass to real routes, not just cross routes the entire game. I don’t play like those losers who have no life and try to glitch the game

blkbigdog35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I run a ton of different plays and actually pass to real routes, not just cross routes the entire game. I don’t play like those losers who have no life and try to glitch the game

:tiphat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Wornout been following me for days man. I must have really erked him.

Some of your stuff is good man, no doubt. But usually you are just being surly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

A little bit. For 3-4 I place Campbell as my second MLB. My down DL are usually Poe, Jarrett, and Takk. 

So let me ask you this, in a 3-4 without blitzing what's your go to run stopping play call? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

So let me ask you this, in a 3-4 without blitzing what's your go to run stopping play call? 

Haven’t found one out of the 3-4 that works for me consistently yet. Online I use the Vikings playbooks and work from the 4-6 predominantly. I use Cover 2 invert, then I adjust my FS to what I see on the field then user my LOLB. I get great protection against both the pass and the run but most of my sacks come from coverage. I typically get great penetration on about 2 plays of the game which usually results in interceptions.  Unfortunately the defensive meta for the game is the looping blitz to get pressure. I don’t typically like the 3-4 setups. I think the setups are a little lengthy and leaves the flats open a bit to much for my liking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites