Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MayorWest13

Cam makes boneheaded comment in a press conference

150 posts in this topic

Guys....

Come on, man/woman. 

I really don't want to have to start benching long-time posters. So please keep your arguments relatively civil and under control. 

Please? 

(This is me asking nicely. Failure to heed this warning will result in a wild Conan-esque swinging of the banhammer) 

4 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Not if you were in a Nail Salon.  The female SPORTS BEAT WRITER is AT A FOOTBALL PRESS CONFERENCE talking to an NFL Quarterback.  Big difference. 

We don't know what his interpretation was. He could be thinking that since she never played the game. That is a very common theme among baseball/football. Bayless and Stephen A get clowned for it all the time by players when they get overly critical. Their line of thinking is how can this dude say anything to me when he's never played the game.

The way her question was worded was pretty funny too and it could have confused Cam and made it his last resort to say what he said.

Again, Cam is a clown who I don't like to defend. He said something dumb out loud and then refused to apologize when she tracked him down afterward.

ParanoidAndroid likes this

As for the actual topic at hand:

1) That was a stupid thing for Cam to say

2) It was sexist....and the type of sexism that pretty much any female sportswriter has to deal with on the reg

3) That being said, I wish the demand for content didnt result in literally everything needing to be addressed in a wave of "news." Cam said something stupid, someone should talk to him about why its stupid. But we don't need 3000 think pieces on every stupid act committed by every public figure. 

17 hours ago, Tandy said:

It was a sexist statement to make at a press conference to a female who obviously deserved better.

Regardless of how many females know about routes in detail, it's disrespecting her ability to converse based on gender.   

Unless you've had to work harder in a field and be better in a field only to earn less respect, you wouldn't see the problem here, I'm sure.   

That being said, he likely didn't either.  It is still a man's world in truth

This.

The excuses being made just confirm how big of on issue sexism really is.  Half the folks on here heard and it thought "What's the problem?"

Tandy and NeonDeion like this

12 minutes ago, NYCFalc said:

oh by the way, anyone catch her tweets about her dad making funny racist jokes about the Navajo while passing thru their land?

Receipts?

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

That was an idiotic statement but to say he doesn't know routes is beyond stupid. THats what I'm arguing. This has nothing to do with the sexist comment like these two are suggesting.

It's obvious they're just trying to jump on Cam. It's like me asking about mascara in a way someone doesn't usually encounter and being caught off guard. She asked a really good question btw it was just funny because I've never heard a question like that. This fake outrage in America is so played out. **** snowflakes everywhere you go. Yeah Cam was a d*ck about it but cmon people are acting like he said women should stay in the kitchen and have no place in sports. It was just something you don't see or hear everyday.

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 hour ago, NYCFalc said:

At the end of the day, hopefully this is a distraction for the Panthers this week.

No doubt it will be this sh*t got blown up like no tomorrow.

Pc police alert, pc police alert. Warning warning warning. Liberal freakout incoming

43 minutes ago, Jerz said:

It's obvious they're just trying to jump on Cam. It's like me asking about mascara in a way someone doesn't usually encounter and being caught off guard. She asked a really good question btw it was just funny because I've never heard a question like that. This fake outrage in America is so played out. **** snowflakes everywhere you go. Yeah Cam was a d*ck about it but cmon people are acting like he said women should stay in the kitchen and have no place in sports. It was just something you don't see or hear everyday.

I thought the question was kinda dumb tbh :lol:

Jerz #Quinning likes this

4 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Nah, it sounds like Cam is a ******* moron. Which most of us already knew. 

how can you call anyone a ******* moron dog? you showed your behind on this thread and are so unware you arent ashamed yet.

Jerz #Quinning and Ovie_Lover like this

19 hours ago, caponine said:

Hows that boneheaded ?? Running routes is a whole lot more complicated than just plain sight. Some females think of it from plain sight. They see a guy running a crossing route and thinks its easy

I assumed you've been duly crucified yourself for this post, Oinkman, but I'm just starting on this thread and would like to point at that there are plenty of MEN who think the exact same thing. 

What would have been BEAUTIFUL is if the reporter had started laughing herself. (She would have been the only one.)  Then Cam would have been like "You see, she thinks it's funny too."  And the reporter would say "No, it just occurred to me how funny it is that a black guy is a quarterback in the NFL."

And then she would get fired.

Even though she would just be making a point.

Which is what I'm trying to do.

NeonDeion likes this

4 hours ago, NYCFalc said:

oh by the way, anyone catch her tweets about her dad making funny racist jokes about the Navajo while passing thru their land?

I just came to see if the people expressing anger over what Cam said, would have the same energy over her tweets. 

don l likes this

Does anyone else think that Cam was just high as a kite?

His whole demeanor was pretty loopy the whole time.  Weed?  Narcotic pain medication?

10 hours ago, stizz said:

We don't know what his interpretation was. He could be thinking that since she never played the game. That is a very common theme among baseball/football. Bayless and Stephen A get clowned for it all the time by players when they get overly critical. Their line of thinking is how can this dude say anything to me when he's never played the game.

The way her question was worded was pretty funny too and it could have confused Cam and made it his last resort to say what he said.

Again, Cam is a clown who I don't like to defend. He said something dumb out loud and then refused to apologize when she tracked him down afterward.

Clowning reporters for not playing the game is fine. If Cam has said “Its funny to hear a reporter talk about routes” people would just be calling him an *** and quickly moving on

shc likes this

4 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Clowning reporters for not playing the game is fine. If Cam has said “Its funny to hear a reporter talk about routes” people would just be calling him an *** and quickly moving on

I made that same comment to my wife tonight.  If he replaces a woman with a reporter, he is fine.  That may have been what he meant, but it sounded like he doubled down when she spoke to him one on one.

NeonDeion likes this

9 hours ago, shc said:

I made that same comment to my wife tonight.  If he replaces a woman with a reporter, he is fine.  That may have been what he meant, but it sounded like he doubled down when she spoke to him one on one.

He actually didn't double down, and what you mention is exactly what he claimed he meant.  When she confronted him, he clarified that he didn't mean that female reporters were dumb and that he actually meant ALL reporters are dumb.  It was a pretty egregious case of misspeaking if he accidentally said "female" instead of "reporter", and it probably says a lot about his actual opinions.  

So, at best, with the absolute highest level of 'benefit of the doubt' and with the kindest interpretation, Cam is an A-hole and an idiot for saying what he did.  At worst, and more likely, he is both of those things plus sexist.  

The illiteracy of people mortifies me.  Not so much fans but people in the media....

fun·ny

ˈfənē/

adjective

adjective: funny; comparative adjective: funnier; superlative adjective: funniest

1.    1.

causing laughter or amusement; humorous.

"a funny story"

synonyms:

amusinghumorouswittycomiccomicaldrollfacetiousjocularjokeyMore

antonyms:

serious, unamusing

o    expressing a speaker's objection to another's laughter or mockery.

"She started to laugh. “ What's so funny? ” he asked"

o    informal

used to emphasize that something is unpleasant or wrong and should be regarded seriously or avoided.

"stealing other people's work isn't funny"

2.    2.

difficult to explain or understand; strange.

"I had a funny feeling you'd be around"

o    unusual or odd; curious.

"Bev has a funny little stammer"

o    unusual in such a way as to arouse suspicion.

"there was something funny going on"

synonyms:

strangepeculiaroddqueerweirdbizarrecuriousfreakishfreakquirkyMore

antonyms:

trustworthy

o    used to draw attention to or express surprise at a curious or interesting fact or occurrence.

"that's funny! —that vase of flowers has been moved"

o    informal

(of a person or part of the body) not in wholly good health or order; slightly ill.

"suddenly my stomach felt funny"

**Bold, underlined, italicized for emphasis**

And these are just the adjective definition of the word...

But all you white knights know exactly what another person intends........... yea

If he had a history of this I would instantly recognize it as what most so badly want it to be.  Also Dannon's contract with him was coming up and I've read that they were looking for an out anyways.