Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MayorWest13

Cam makes boneheaded comment in a press conference

150 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Birdy Dird said:

I think it is high time for mandatory diversity in the NFL. Teams shall be composed of 51% women, 13% Black, 18% Hispanic, one Native American, one quadriplegic, one gay, and about 40% of players must have an IQ under 80.  In fact, we may already have that last one covered. 

If it wasnt so true it would be funny..anybody know off hand what the "minority" percentage is in the NFL...? If everyone in the NFL is a minority, then whats a minority?? Wouldnt they be the MAJORITY at that point?

Birdy Dird likes this

I think Cam thought he making a joke, but it turned into something completely different. Regardless of what his intentions were though, why was his comment necessary? 

For those who think it’s “no big deal”, remember we have D-led. Male reporters often don’t know **** Either and she was trying to to her job. I hate the PC police as much as the next guy, but sometimes things are clear as day. This is sexist and no it’s not a “just joking” thing.

Cam should be smarter than that. Has to realise the era he lives in. With that being said I'd love to see the outrage Mike Tyson would have created with this gem:

7 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Cam should be smarter than that. Has to realise the era he lives in. With that being said I'd love to see the outrage Mike Tyson would have created with this gem:

:o

10 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

What did he want her to ask? If his shoes or leggings or blouse comes in her size? Gtfoh!

It's Cam... probably was pissed she didn't complement his dress or his shoes

2 hours ago, stizz said:

He isn't wrong, his mistake was saying it publicly.

Same deal as if a dude got to talking in depth about nail polish. You just don't expect it.

I'm not here to argue with your views, but yeah, the main reason it was so offensive is that he said it as a direct response to a legitimate question from a reporter.  If he was overheard talking to teammates, it would still be a very bad look, but not nearly as offensive.

For the record, I'm not a fan of all the "outrage culture" where people get outraged about things that don't affect anybody, but it was an awful thing to say to a reporter doing her job.

vitaman likes this

4 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

I'm not here to argue with your views, but yeah, the main reason it was so offensive is that he said it as a direct response to a legitimate question from a reporter.  If he was overheard talking to teammates, it would still be a very bad look, but not nearly as offensive.

For the record, I'm not a fan of all the "outrage culture" where people get outraged about things that don't affect anybody, but it was an awful thing to say to a reporter doing her job.

Bingo. Guys and girls talk among themselves about things they'd never want made public. He said something out loud during a presser and made it worse when he didn't apologize afterwards.

Just now, stizz said:

I never threatened your family, but you just threatened to kill me again so I will take that seriously. I already found out who you are. The talking is done.

You have threatened to attack me multiple times on these boards and been banned for it. And others as well. You're right, the talking is done. Hope you've got a lawyer.

6 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

So its cool that he's disrespecting women (who actually hold multiple positions in the NFL and sports media, **** a few even  tried out for kicker  and ST for a couple teams) with countless  kids watching and looking  up to him?

It's not like he's some  nobody or  some idiot newscaster, he's a celebrity and idol to  a lot of people (regardless of the fact that  you and I  know he's a moron). 

Doesn't matter what we think. He has the right to be a moron. We just don't have to support him or anyone who does. If the NFL doesn't want to be a part of it, that's their right.. We both know if he apologized, doesn't mean he means it. So, i say let him be a moron, and he should accept whatever comes from it. Though we know he won't, he'll be crying foul. It's not like he walked out there and hit her or sexually harrassed her. He just stated how he feels and his opinion of women.   She should have told him that QBs like him that rely on running more than their ability to pass the football, have short success in the the NFL, so i guess i shouldn't be talking to you about passing either.:D

10 minutes ago, stizz said:

I want to apologize to everyone reading this. I'm guessing I'll get a vacation here. I didn't start this.

Stay strong man, appreciate the entertainment

everyone chill.. we all love the Falcons and Debate opinions. Let's not get acting crazy, there is enough of that in the world today. Kiss and make up. Let's roll and talk Falcons.

NeonDeion likes this

11 minutes ago, Robb4242 said:

so, if we're past Stizz's & DMZ's di ck measuring contest (both lost by the way).....

Over the next 24 - 48 hours, expect to see a stiffly worded memo come down from the NFL offices to all teams tomorrow on how to treat women reporters.  Cam will get a slap on the wrist fine and maybe a couple of days counseling.  And he will read an apology letter at a press conference to the reporter that he doesn't mean, but his agent says he needs to do to keep all of his sponsors.

You're right. Nobody won. Very tough to calm that Atlanta in me sometimes. Once again, apologies.

Robb4242 likes this

So, can we get back to the main point that while Cam acts condescending towards women, it's probably just because he's jealous of their clothes?