Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MayorWest13

Cam makes boneheaded comment in a press conference

150 posts in this topic

Hows that boneheaded ?? Running routes is a whole lot more complicated than just plain sight. Some females think of it from plain sight. They see a guy running a crossing route and thinks its easy

dsgbncali and ya_boi_j like this

Unacceptable comment. Something you shouldn't say on a public platform.

But even so, seems we always get some drama from Cam before we play the Lions. Last time, he called Suh "Donkey Kong Suh" which brought a whole host of drama as well.

Tandy, Drew4719, caponine and 10 others like this

Everybody's so dayum sensitive. I guess it would seem comical when male coaches have been barking at you all your life and male reporters being so predominant forever until now. I didn't think it was all that bad of a comment. Everyone is so PC these days that you can't say much of anything without offending someone.

2 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Everybody's so dayum sensitive. I guess it would seem comical when male coaches have been barking at you all your life and male reporters being so predominant forever until now. I didn't think it was all that bad of a comment. Everyone is so PC these days that you can't say much of anything without offending someone.

I agree

9 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Totally agree.  The word "funny" can mean a lot of things.  It's pretty clear from context that he means it's "uncommon" to hear a female talk about routes.  He's obviously not saying that females are unqualified to talk about routes, which is the leap that all the keyboard SJWs seems to be making.  Dial it back.  It's a male-dominated sport, and it's OK to acknowledge that out loud sometimes.  

shock and chitowndirtybird like this

30 minutes ago, caponine said:

Hows that boneheaded ?? Running routes is a whole lot more complicated than just plain sight. Some females think of it from plain sight. They see a guy running a crossing route and thinks its easy

Yeah, I mean everyone knows women can't understand complicated things. 

NeonDeion, OC, CellarBoor and 3 others like this

19 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

If, by "PC," you mean "Trying not to be a complete ****," then you are correct. 

Most people try not to be complete *****. 

Most people. 

Trumps fault, he brought back all our Racist misogynistic ways....

I'm betting this will be headline news in a day or so and Cam will be publicly apologizing. 

Also, don't really care. People from all walks of life still have trouble with words and using them. 

From some idiot named Joseph Zucker's article on BR:

"The idea that a woman, especially an NFL beat writer, doesn't understand the nuances of the game should be a relic of the past".

Exactly as I mentioned above... Cam never said or implied that she didn't understand routes.  He merely said it was "funny" to hear her talk about routes.

That being said, the female reporter also tweeted (take her word for it or don't): "I spoke with him (Cam) after and it was worse".  So perhaps Cam tried to explain himself later by making actual sexist comments.  I can't defend those, but IMO the first one he said is no big deal.