Why I think Matt Ryan has struggled.....

lostnmexico

I just read this piece on the falcaholic:

Matt Ryan

The 2016 NFL MVP has been out of sorts. He’s been missing throws he made with ease last season, namely deep balls. He added two more interceptions to his total, although one was a tipped pass by Nick Williams — the third tipped passed turned interception in the last two games. Still, we expect better and we’ve certainly seen better from Ryan.

Does anyone else think this goes back to the preseason where Julio was virtually held out of practice and game action for almost all of the reps?  Timing is everything and I think he needs more reps with these recievers in order to get into a rythmic convergence with his targets!

Edited by lostnmexico

55 minutes ago, k-train said:

That right side of the o-line isn't helping things either. I expect a healthy Julio & Schraeder will go a looooong way in making the Ryan more comfortable & the passing game more effective.

yea if you watch him play he is sliding to his left alot bc he doesnt trust the right side, and the right side is getting pushed into his lap alot and causing him to throw early , or be off on things it seems like.

4 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

I just read this piece on the falcaholic:

Matt Ryan

The 2016 NFL MVP has been out of sorts. He’s been missing throws he made with ease last season, namely deep balls. He added two more interceptions to his total, although one was a tipped pass by Nick Williams — the third tipped passed turned interception in the last two games. Still, we expect better and we’ve certainly seen better from Ryan.

Does anyone else think this goes back to the preseason where Julio was virtually held out of practice and game action for almost all of the reps?  Timing is everything and I think he needs more reps with these recievers in order to get into a rythmic convergence with his targets!

Im gonna say no...A] Julio has sucked as well, hes either hurt or doesnt care anymore. That dude has looked like an 80yr old quadriplegic out there since week 1. B] If Matt had all this time to practice with his OTHER receivers, why is Julio the only one that can bail him out???

Something is off, I mean Waaay off. Matt cant throw a deep ball for sh!t, NO receiver has hands anymore. 

**Special Note** Has anyone else noticed that every pass that was tipped up by the recievers, was when REALLY put some heat on the pass? I dont know if there just not use to him throwing hard or what but he stepped into all those pop ups.

1 hour ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Im gonna say no...A] Julio has sucked as well, hes either hurt or doesnt care anymore. That dude has looked like an 80yr old quadriplegic out there since week 1. B] If Matt had all this time to practice with his OTHER receivers, why is Julio the only one that can bail him out???

Something is off, I mean Waaay off. Matt cant throw a deep ball for sh!t, NO receiver has hands anymore. 

**Special Note** Has anyone else noticed that every pass that was tipped up by the recievers, was when REALLY put some heat on the pass? I dont know if there just not use to him throwing hard or what but he stepped into all those pop ups.

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

1 hour ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

The only starting receiver he worked with extensively in training camp was Sanu, and so far Sanu has been the most in sync with Ryan.  You can tell that Ryan is most comfortable throwing to Sanu so far.  He's starting to get in rythym with Julio. 

His deepball is off, he's over throwing it.  Then he tried to overcompensate and underthrew one to Gabriel that got picked off.  Again, he didn't get to practice it that much during the off-season.  

Getting that sorted would be my top priority during the bye.  Once he starts hitting the deep ball it will open defenses up.

3 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

That is the most ridiculous comment I've seen on this board in a long time.

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

That is the most ridiculous comment I've seen on this board in a long time.

Really? I havent seen him go up to get anything Matts thrown at him...I dont really think he doesnt care but the deep pass matt threw to him in the endzone vs Lions AT LEAST deserved an attempt to jump and grab it. He didnt even try. Ive seen Roddy come down with harder catches

Furthermore, the deep pass threw to him Vs Bills looked right on at its peak but for whatever reason Julio couldnt get to it

Edited by GET-ME-A-DB-TD

A) Regression. Basic math says Ryan would be worse this year. You don’t put up back to back 7th all-time seasons even with Shannahan here.

B ) Regression to Ryan’s personal mean. Despite all the hate, he’s been a Top 10 QB his entire career. He’s been #1, #10 and everything in between. I still put him top 5 right now (he only has 1 true INT). Also, he can clearly win a Super Bowl (he put us in position to close out with basic common sense), so talking about his ability is pointless to me. Every single team in the league would be fully content to have Ryan. 

C) New coordinator - every single QB has to adjust 

D) Shraeder out - remember OL never missed a start last year

E) Not enough reps in preseason (which I like bc doesn’t risk injury and we’re winning anyway - should be 4-0)

F) We’ve actually played good defenses and he shredded the only bad D we faced. 

No Eric Weems.  Ryan needs to start from our 5 to get a rhythm.  :D

I honestly think its just his lack of familiarity with Sark.  Matt took a while to get in sync with Shanny and only started to ball out once he got into that level of comfort where they were reading each other's mind on an upcoming play.  Matt looks hesitant out there and it just may be him 2nd guessing things (or RG RT positions).  Sark will learn his ways and vice versa.  They've only had 4 games together.