I start by saying I love my QB...

But on 4th down with the game on the line Matt just seem to make the wrong throw. (Too me)

Nfc championship sf v. Falcons 4th and whatever.. 10 yards away from the SB ... Matt drop back and throw the ball to Roddy white who was obviously interfere with but not call and Matt threw it hoping to get the call but end of game for us.while Tony was in the back of the endzone hosting a tea party.

Now most time Matt may bring attention to a pass interference by throwing the receivers way but why leaves it up to the ref?

Today 4th &1 it was a obvious hold on Gabriel right in front of the referee and he refused to call it. On the other side of that play hardy is running a slant to the end zone and looked open 4 a corner shot....but Matt saw Gabriel get held so he passed it in hopes of getting a penalty instead of taking a shot in the endzone.

THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY! 

I mean I could sleep better knowing he at least took a shot in the endzone to win the game!

I love me sum Matt but if you in the red zone with seconds left...let's try to win the game...Take your shot!

Am I the only one that see it like this?

I could be tripping.

Matt was not sharp yesterday. If I recall correctly, that throw to Gabriel at the end was 5 yards out of his reach, PI or not...

I also didn't like his decision to throw that wheel route to Coleman, though I'll take the result. 

And that trip on the 12-gauge play was beyond embarrassing. 

All that said, the Ryan bashing going on around here is ******* annoying. 

Did he geld held? Yeah. Could that have called it? Yeah. But its also an okay no-call. What frustrated me was 1. He did not run a good route, and 2. That type of route is not really Gabriel's strong suite. I would rather have Hardy, Roberts, or heck even Hooper be the primary receiver just because they are a little bigger, and could probably make the catch without having perfect separation. 

But in all I just don't like the call. Not running on 3rd and 1 is whatever. No one would have companied had it worked. Running a PA with only 2options on 4th down I have more of a problem with. 

But I'm not worried. Everything just went wrong that game. Offense will get there. D is playing at a level higher than I've ever seen out of MR era.

Matts always been shaky if we need a TD to win/tie the game. Other than that GB game last year when he hit Sanu, I cant remember another time when hes thrown a TD pass to win/tie the game in the end. Now I could be wrong. He'll get you in FG range though. See yesterday.

Edited by zekeyboy1
8 hours ago, Vandy said:

It was not a good decision man. The play failed because Nobody was open.

Eh, if Tay Tay wasn't tugged by the jersey, I think he is able to separate enough to get to that ball.  I actually didn't mind the call, though I have seen much more creativity in the past than the actual play itself.  If Gabe wasn't held, that is 6 points and a Falcon victory.

I'm more pissed with the 3rd and 1 play call.

11 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Because he (gabriel) was getting pulled back ny the jesery.....for someone who claims to see things.....you sure miss alot of obvious things

LOL..You do know receivers get held at LOS on every play, yes? They have to fight through it........bottom line, he wasn't open.

you mad bro?

10 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt Ryan is going to shred that Dolphins defense 2 weeks from now.

I agree, and if I were a betting man I would lay some serious money on it, but I'm not. That being said, Dolphins might have some size on defense, but what they have on size they lack in speed. And as for their offense, I just don't see them even with a young speedy Falcons defense and Beasley coming back along with other's on offense and defense being able to hang with the Falcons. The Bill's game was an anomaly, bad timing and ill prepared situational football for the Falcons. The Falcons mistakes after two weeks will be corrected I'd bet on it, if I could afford to that is! :lol: But then again, I'm not a gambling man. :ninja:

We shall see what the future instills upon this group of battling birds. Tune in next time, same Bird channel, Same Bird time! <--- Old school joke. :o

Edited by WinningIsTheOnlyOption
14 hours ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

But on 4th down with the game on the line Matt just seem to make the wrong throw. (Too me)

Nfc championship sf v. Falcons 4th and whatever.. 10 yards away from the SB ... Matt drop back and throw the ball to Roddy white who was obviously interfere with but not call and Matt threw it hoping to get the call but end of game for us.while Tony was in the back of the endzone hosting a tea party.

Now most time Matt may bring attention to a pass interference by throwing the receivers way but why leaves it up to the ref?

Today 4th &1 it was a obvious hold on Gabriel right in front of the referee and he refused to call it. On the other side of that play hardy is running a slant to the end zone and looked open 4 a corner shot....but Matt saw Gabriel get held so he passed it in hopes of getting a penalty instead of taking a shot in the endzone.

THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY! 

I mean I could sleep better knowing he at least took a shot in the endzone to win the game!

I love me sum Matt but if you in the red zone with seconds left...let's try to win the game...Take your shot!

Am I the only one that see it like this?

I could be tripping.

Tony wasn't back there hosting a tea party. That play has been went over 1000x since then. Even our OC went over it, on film, and showed Tony was bracketed until matt throws, then they released him into the endzone. Matt made the right read, the Refs, not so much.