Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtybyrdGA

Hawks October game thread

36 posts in this topic

John Collins with a good debut so far.  He's very active.  This offense will suit him well.

I don't know about y'all, but I really want a top 5 pick this year. Even if it involves having to package our 3 firsts to get into the top 5. There are so many good players this year. 

Posted (edited)

On 10/2/2017 at 9:21 PM, tl;dr said:

I don't know about y'all, but I really want a top 5 pick this year. Even if it involves having to package our 3 firsts to get into the top 5. There are so many good players this year. 

Well that's why we've been stockpiling picks. Schlenk has made it obvious he's not satisfied with the status quo, and he's making moves in such a way that if a marquee player becomes available, we have the cash or other resources to get him. Nobody on this roster is safe. Not even Schroder.

Edited by JerseyNo12
jayu70, Drew4719, tl;dr and 1 other like this

Schedule for good measure...

DATE OPP. RESULT/TIME RECORD TOP SCORERS
Oct 1 @MIA L 90-96 0-1  
Oct 4 @CLE 7:00 PM   Buy Tickets
Oct 6 @DET 7:00 PM   Buy Tickets
Oct 9 MEM 7:30 PM   Buy Tickets
Oct 12 DAL 7:30 PM   Buy Tickets
REGULAR SEASON
DATE OPP. RESULT/TIME RECORD TOP SCORERS
Oct 18 @DAL 8:30 PM   Buy Tickets
Oct 20 @CHA 7:00 PM   Buy Tickets
Oct 22 @BKN 3:30 PM   Buy Tickets
Oct 23 @MIA 7:30 PM   Buy Tickets
Oct 26 @CHI 8:00 PM   Buy Tickets
Oct 27 DEN 7:30 PM   Buy Tickets
Oct 29 MIL 3:30 PM

20 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Well that's why we've been stockpiling picks. Schlenk has made it obvious he's not satisfied with the status quo, and he's making moves in such a way that if a marquee player becomes available, we have the cash or other resources to get him. Nobody on this roster is safe. Not even Schroder.

No doubt because I'm actually over the Schroder experiment.

22 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

No doubt because I'm actually over the Schroder experiment.

Hawks get a top 5 pick and then package Schroder and another together to get Collin Sexton. Team adds one of the top flight players and then an explosive playmaker at PG. 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

missed rim multiple times as well as terrible shot selections

Ok, so you base this off of one quarter (which is really just the first 5 minutes of the 1st quarter)?

They're currently shooting over 50%. Hardly indicative of "gonna be the worst shooting team in the NBA." Defense has been good too. Don't know what you're expecting.

Edited by JerseyNo12
blkbigdog35, jayu70 and Drew4719 like this

Just now, JerseyNo12 said:

Ok, so you base this off of one quarter (which is really just the first 5 minutes of the 1st quarter)?

They're currently shooting over 50%. Hardly indicative of "gonna be the worst shooting team in the NBA."

lol I am in first quarter sorry i did not inform you, also the airballs are junior high terrible 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Hawks get a top 5 pick and then package Schroder and another together to get Collin Sexton. Team adds one of the top flight players and then an explosive playmaker at PG. 

Would definitely do it.

This team might be good enough to go .500 on the season, which might be good enough for the 8th seed in the East. I like what I'm seeing from the guys. If they stay committed to playing defense, they'll win their fair share of games.

blkbigdog35 and Drew4719 like this

Definitely see some potential for this team. I agree Jersey they definitely need to put an emphasis on defense. Let's hope Baze plays up to his contract. Dennis has to mature and I expect Prince to ball out. Hopefully we can see Collins in the starting lineup. I think it's going to be refreshing to see this team start from scratch.

Drew4719 likes this

2 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Would definitely do it.

This would assume a total tank though. Team lucks out into a top 5 pick and gets Porter, Bagley, Bamba, Tyton or Doncic. Then they package Schroder and another one of those firsts to move up to around 9 or 10 and they take Sexton. If we are lucky maybe we can keep the late first rounder too. 

Let's say we get Bamba and Sexton. Sexton, Prince, Collins, and Bamba is a very exciting young core. 

1. Prince showed something on offense.
2. More Cook, less Delaney.
3.Tyler Dorsey - I like what I see so far.
4. Dedmon - takes and hits a 3. He has a midrange J. He has amazing hands.
5. This is the Dennis I like - control the tempo and pace, the drive and kick will always be there. When he's hitting the midrange makes it easier to score at the bucket.
6. Baze had a rough 1st quarter but ended the game ok. He is still too out of control and I don't like him running the offense. He should come off the bench.
7. Babbit was on fya - our new Kyle Korver at PF
8. Illy stay taking charges.
9. Moose has done nothing in 2 preseason games, the same weakling he's always been, getting pushed around - he is about to flunk out of Bud-U.
9. Maggette will do well leading our GLers.

Drew4719 and blkbigdog35 like this