Beasley, Schraeder, Allen, Upshaw & Ward All OUT This Week

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

He had 19 catches last year, playing second fiddle to Tamme and sharing snaps with perkins, and Tealavia/toilolo. We threw it to the TES a bunch last year. We are on track for only 26 total catches from our TES this year. Tamme had 22 catches in like 8 games. 

Way to spin this, but I'm not buying it.

No the fact is that he's been staying into block a lot more with RS out to help sambrailo. It's situational football and sometimes you have to protect your weak link.. let's see what happens after RS gets back shall we? Still doesn't change the fact that we're so loaded on offense you can't please everyone

5 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

No the fact is that he's been staying into block a lot more with RS out to help sambrailo. It's situational football and sometimes you have to protect your weak link.. let's see what happens after RS gets back shall we? Still doesn't change the fact that we're so loaded on offense you can't please everyone

Te's caught 57 balls last year and 9 TDs. Not going to come close this season. And it'd not like Sambrailo is getting a lot of help actually. He's blocking one on one very often.

4 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

I think the offense will have to carry the team this weekend while the defense gets healthy and I don't think Julio is completely recovered from his back injury. That means Sanu, Gabriel, Hardy, Hooper, Freeman and Coleman will have to be fed. Might even have to throw Toilolo a bone or two..... man this team is loaded!

yeah I'd REALLY like to see the tight ends be more involved, I've thought they haven't been involved enough already anyway, now's a great chance to do just that

8 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Te's caught 57 balls last year and 9 TDs. Not going to come close this season. And it'd not like Sambrailo is getting a lot of help actually. He's blocking one on one very often.

Ok, sorry don't know what to tell you, everyone has been getting involved on offense.. I'm sure hooper will have big games this season but it's not gonna happen every week. It's been 3 games and you're over here huffin n puffin. 0 patience at all. Did hooper cost you a fantasy game or something ? 

With a bye week coming up it makes sense to rest Beasley if there's any doubt about his hammy.  Schraeder will be ready when he's ready, just can't rush that protocol, and I have to say that Wes and Ty have done a better than expected job on the right side. Bills' D is not joke but Wes and Ty have inspired realistic confidence. Buffalo is not really a threat from the passing game, so Rico's absence should mean less. But it's any given Sunday and Tyrod looked good against Denver.

43 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Schroeder and Allen both have concussions , if you saw both hits you'd agree, both looked knocked out, especially Allen , he looked like Connor Mcgregor  at the end of the Mayweather fight.

I am not disagreeing that the hits, especially Allen's, were hard, but the helmets of today are supposed to be stronger and one has to wonder how much each hit truly impacts them.  

It somewhat feels like the kid who should definitely be out of school for one day because he/she is sick but takes advantage of the situation and takes two days off.  Meanwhile, the parent does not call out the kid since it is only one extra day and the school does not challenge the kid's sickness because they definitely do not want a sickness spreading across the school.

Edited by jlrfalcon
8 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

I seriously wonder if the concussion protocol is starting to get abused/misused in the NFL:

Does it seem any head contact on the field now leads to a player going into it?

Are teams fearful of being sued in the long term over a player claiming brain damage from not having had an extra week?

Do players use it as a way to get out of having to play but still get paid?

Do teams use it as an excuse to rest players?

Do doctors overuse it out of fear they might be called into question later on in a player's season or life?

I am not saying that Schraeder and Allen did not have concussions in prior weeks but really suspect that Schraeder probably could have played this week but the team is just "playing it safe" since the bye next week would give him almost a month of recovery.

It also seemed that Freeman basically got a whole preseason off (vacation?) by going into protocol for what was really a simple hit.

Please don't post about this...that is beyond highly speculative, and obviously inflammatory.

Not every concussion is the same. It's a spectrum.

Sadly, I really take offense to your deplorable commentary on the subject.

On 9/29/2017 at 4:52 PM, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Ok, sorry don't know what to tell you, everyone has been getting involved on offense.. I'm sure hooper will have big games this season but it's not gonna happen every week. It's been 3 games and you're over here huffin n puffin. 0 patience at all. Did hooper cost you a fantasy game or something ? 

He did.

I drafted him. I thought this was going to be the season because of all the off season hype. 

On 9/29/2017 at 6:28 PM, Slappywhite said:

Schroeder and Allen both have concussions , if you saw both hits you'd agree, both looked knocked out, especially Allen , he looked like Connor Mcgregor  at the end of the Mayweather fight.

Well we've all grown to appreciate Allen roll in the D but most everyone was excited for Kazee because all the tools if he's the future he's gonna have a game or 2 to proof his worth don't recall a anything negative last week when was In