I need to post the following for my own peace of mind. I'm sorry if I offend anyone....I am a Falcon fan until the day I die...and that will never waiver. I will not discuss this issue again...but this will help me a great deal just to be heard this one time. Thank-you....

The bold type below is a quote from the nfl game operations manual.....

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

All Americans should recognize and support the right of a peaceful protest and/or demonstration; however, just because you have the freedom to do a specific thing, doesn't mean you should. 

*There were much better alternative variations that should have been used. You catch more flies with honey.

Many family members served in wars for this nation, as did I, and as a son is doing now. We swore an oath to fight, and die, for every American's right to protest, walk on, burn, dishonor, and disrespect Old Glory. That flag is THE symbol of ALL the good that this nation strives to be for ALL of our people; yes, there is still much work to do, but when you can't even recognize that dishonoring...  the very values you hope to rally to your cause via your protest, is a classic case of "cutting off your own nose to spite your face" then you should at some point realize that I, and many other fellow Americans, aren't going to support your efforts.

It isn't about the "message" or the "messenger" at all.  It's about the "method of message delivery" and how that chosen method sends a secondary, yet far more important and encompassing message than the desired one.  **"You shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water."

The NFL asking fans to support their "UNITY response" of locked arms, instead of just properly honoring the values of equality and unity that Old Glory and the National Anthem already represent, is amazing to me.

8 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

All Americans should recognize and support the right of a peaceful protest and/or demonstration; however, just because you have the freedom to do a specific thing, doesn't mean you should. 

*There were much better alternative variations that should have been used. You catch more flies with honey.

Many family members served in wars for this nation, as did I, and as a son is doing now. We swore an oath to fight, and die, for every American's right to protest, walk on, burn, dishonor, and disrespect Old Glory. That flag is THE symbol of ALL the good that this nation strives to be for ALL of our people; yes, there is still much work to do, but when you can't even recognize that dishonoring...  the very values you hope to rally to your cause via your protest, is a classic case of "cutting off your own nose to spite your face" then you should at some point realize that I, and many other fellow Americans, aren't going to support your efforts.

It isn't about the "message" or the "messenger" at all.  It's about the "method of message delivery" and how that chosen method sends a secondary, yet far more important and encompassing message than the desired one.  **"You shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water."

The NFL asking fans to support their "UNITY response" of locked arms, instead of just properly honoring the values of equality and unity that Old Glory and the National Anthem already represent, is amazing to me.

Everyone should do whatever pleases them. Not what pleases the next person. Especially in situations like this. I find it funny how you have so many people trying to dictate what people should and should not do. How about letting individuals live their own life and making their own decisions. Over half of the people even discussing this situation don’t have a single clue about what’s going on in the first place

1 hour ago, m2Falcons said:

Your statement is surprisingly contradictory. You say folks fight and die for a freedom but then that protesting in the manor of kneeling is disrespecting the flag. I would believe NOT taking the liberty to protest injustice wastes the value so many fought/died for. 

Look, I know some people will just NEVER underatand the Kaepernick protests. To them, for some reason, it is disrespectful. But that is not at all the intention like disrespecting traffic is not the intention when folks march in the street. 

People use the "disrespect" mantra to divert attention away from the goal, which is the demand for this country to unite and take a stand against the senseless killing of unarmed citizens by the Police. Its so much easier to just say "Stop doing that" and continue to ignore a problem than to help resolve it.

When Hurricane Irma hit there was a nation wide response to a tragedy of epic proportions. We the US have the highest incidents of deadly interaction with law enforcement in the world. The land of the free has a systemic problem with the way police interact with citizens. It NEEDS to be addressed. It cant be swept under the rug because it's uncomfortable to discuss. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13
3 hours ago, jm_falcons said:

I need to post the following for my own peace of mind. I'm sorry if I offend anyone....I am a Falcon fan until the day I die...and that will never waiver. I will not discuss this issue again...but this will help me a great deal just to be heard this one time. Thank-you....

The bold type below is a quote from the nfl game operations manual.....

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Thank you for posting, I appreciate it. People who do not respect our Country and flag should find a country they agree with. Get right or Get left. But don't try to change the Greatest Country on Earth,, And why are we,, I will tell you... IN GOD WE TRUST  ,, Read what's wrote on every dollar bill and every coin.. I personally want to say,, I'm very thankful for our Country.. The greatest on earth and I just wrote to you why it's the greatest on earth.. The day that changes ,, will be the day this Country will fall. Psalms 9:17

8 minutes ago, Birdy Dird said:

I'll take a stand and demand that unarmed citizens stop attacking policemen. Stop doing that. Comply with law enforcement officer's orders. It is a sad day when a mother has to fear for her son's life every time he robs a store.

Lol.  Really pretty funny! You attack a police officer, you get what you deserve...key word is deserve, which is operative here! Also, getting shot robbing a store, bank, etc.? How about teaching a son not to do those things!? Man, this is sad. Hopefully posted by OP as sarcasm. Though in today’s world who the heil knows.

Okay, so AB Owner Of the Falcons, DQ HC of the Falcons, players of the Falcons showing outward signs of supporting a particular cause - in this case all related to the flag, standing, kneeling, sitting, protesting for equality, etc - Makes this valid for discussing on this board...correct? Or, no? How is it determined what is valid or pertinent as TATF, when the Falcons themselves do it, yet we want the board police to shut this stuff down, if we attempt to comment?

Man, wonder who owns this board? The Falcons PR dept.? If they do, I can't believe they want free speech shut down and muffled, which by the way is contradictory to encouraging the uncomfortable conversations, and the individuals right to express themselves...UNITED. Man, that is what makes humanity great, many differing points of view and people as individuals...Else, we will become robots and march to one conductor, singing the tunes they want you to sing. Not following their orders, leads to you becoming castigated and shunned, or aggressively shutdown and shackled away in a dungeon, after getting smacked.

It's time for us to stop getting hung up over our differences, upset because someone has a different perspective than we do, and realize that no two of us are exactly alike and that's OK.  It's something to be celebrated not a reason for hate and injustice.

Take the time, in the world around you, to engage those whom are different than you are.  Smile, say hi, open a door, lend a helping hand....anything to build (even if it's just a small one) a bridge.  We need to take ownership of the impact, whatever size it may be, that we can have on society.   

17 minutes ago, kschreck said:

It's time for us to stop getting hung up over our differences, upset because someone has a different perspective than we do, and realize that no two of us are exactly alike and that's OK.  It's something to be celebrated not a reason for hate and injustice.

Take the time, in the world around you, to engage those whom are different than you are.  Smile, say hi, open a door, lend a helping hand....anything to build (even if it's just a small one) a bridge.  We need to take ownership of the impact, whatever size it may be, that we can have on society.   

Very well said @kschreck

I completely agree

54 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Thank you for posting, I appreciate it. People who do not respect our Country and flag should find a country they agree with. Get right or Get left. But don't try to change the Greatest Country on Earth,, And why are we,, I will tell you... IN GOD WE TRUST  ,, Read what's wrote on every dollar bill and every coin.. I personally want to say,, I'm very thankful for our Country.. The greatest on earth and I just wrote to you why it's the greatest on earth.. The day that changes ,, will be the day this Country will fall. Psalms 9:17

Wow.... Not sure whether to laugh or cry because that is ******* hilarious and epically sad all at the same time

42 minutes ago, Birdy Dird said:

I'll take a stand and demand that unarmed citizens stop attacking policemen. Stop doing that. Comply with law enforcement officer's orders. It is a sad day when a mother has to fear for her son's life every time he robs a store.

You mean like Tamir Rice, the 12 year old who basically got shot by the police via drive by for standing in the park? Or Philando Castille, who was literally shot in front of his girlfriend and her child for talking calmly to an officer? Or John Crawford, who was shot in Walmart for having a toy gun in an open carry state? Or Terence Crutcher, who was shot for literally having his hands in the air? And these are only a few examples, unfortunately.

The issue isn’t compliance; it’s being a perceived threat because of skin color, being killed accordingly, often with little to no repercussion from the legal system.

But yeah, you go with the mantra that everyone shot by police deserves it and further the need for the protest. 

Probably going to have to make sure I'm not in the stadium during the anthem...traveling 4 hours to enjoy the game, not to hear how angry everyone wants to become over people's right to stand or not stand for the anthem...crazy and sad how the original message and purpose for kneeling has been completely ignored/diluted smh

1 hour ago, Birdy Dird said:

I agree unarmed citizens shouldnt attack police. But there are several instances where police were NOT attacked or under any reasonable threat yet used deadly force. Its a fact. And they've been exonerated of wrong doing to boot. 

And like folks have served and have family that serve,  I've been harassed and even had family members killed by police for nothing more than having a backpack on the way to school. So I have just as much emotion as you on this. 

Lastly, who tf is anyone to tell me to find another country? This is my country! I'm simply asking for the same liberties that most others have. The freedom to be treated as equals without un-due suspicion due to skin color.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13
1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I agree unarmed citizens shouldnt attack police. But there are several instances where police were NOT attacked or under any reasonable threat yet used deadly force. Its a fact. And they've been exonerated of wrong doing to boot. 

And like folks have served and have family that serve,  I've been harassed and even had family members killed byt police for nothing more than having a backpack on the way to school. So I have just as much emotion as you on this. 

Lastly, who tf is anyone to tell me to find another country? This is my country! I'm simply asking for the same liberties that most others have. The freedom to be treated as equals without un-due suspicion due to skin color.

For those people you’re addressing, “freedom” only applies if you agree with them.