I just found out we won the game against Detroit

So I'm looking up the score using a browser and hitting refresh etc and I see the final score come up with eight seconds left.  So I think to myself "I've been through worse"  referring to the SB lose and laugh it off pretty quick.  Thurs comes along and I see head line reading "Controversial ending" with the Detroit player looking sad.  Two minute later I feel I'm in the twilight zone... 

True story.  Weird feeling...

PS: and yes I rechecked the Super Bowl score again...

Edited by Gnorts

it's funny how I found out we won too. I usually hang out in the game chat on game days and I had to be somewhere at 3:30 so the last thing I saw was the score 32-30 with 8 seconds left. In my haste I left the laptop and browser open and left. got back home to login on here and vent and looked over the rest of the chat and saw people saying this was an ugly win, I was like:

76bRe.gif

Same kind of thing happened to me.  I left mid-game to go to a bible study.  I looked at the score online after the study was over and it said we won.  When I got back home I watched the second half up to 8 seconds left in the game.  I was like what the??? I thought we won??? I started going back and double checking the scores.  I texted a friend asking if we actually won the game.  It was very weird because looking at the play in real time, it looked like the Lions won.

That happened to me in '08 when Ryan and Co. brought us back to win in 11 seconds vs Chicago. I was visiting my grandparents and they had the Panthers game on and they do a game break showing Chicago scoring the TD with only 11 seconds left. I assume we lost, we turn off the tv and eat dinner. I travel the 2 hours home, turn on Sunday Night Football and see the score and I'm like whaaaaaaaaa?????

15 hours ago, Gnorts said:

So I'm looking up the score using a browser and hitting refresh etc and I see the final score come up with eight seconds left.  So I think to myself "I've been through worse"  referring to the SB lose and laugh it off pretty quick.  Thurs comes along and I see head line reading "Controversial ending" with the Detroit player looking sad.  Two minute later I feel I'm in the twilight zone... 

True story.  Weird feeling...

PS: and yes I rechecked the Super Bowl score again...

I thought they loss also. My phone said 32-30 with 8 seconds left. I texted my friends saying we would bounce back. 

2 hours ago, thestufford said:

Same kind of thing happened to me.  I left mid-game to go to a bible study.  I looked at the score online after the study was over and it said we won.  When I got back home I watched the second half up to 8 seconds left in the game.  I was like what the??? I thought we won??? I started going back and double checking the scores.  I texted a friend asking if we actually won the game.  It was very weird because looking at the play in real time, it looked like the Lions won.

Why did you go back and check box scores and then text people instead of just watching the last 8 seconds? lol