Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

#5 USC at #16 Washington State

31 posts in this topic

Late night Pac-12 matchup tonight, should be a good one. Who you got? I really wanna say the Cougars will pull off the upset but I don't think so. I think USC finds a way to win.

39 minutes ago, Carter said:

USC keeps grinding. Either team winning would not surprise me. Should be a good one. 

USC hasn't looked great expect for the beatdown they put on Stanford but they just seem to find ways to win.

Also, really hope it's a good one. The Thursday night games this year have been very boring.

Wazzu is a very good team. They have one of the more underrated QB's in the nation and a solid offense all around. Their defense is quietly solid as well. I think this game sets up poorly for USC with it being a road game on a week night. USC may still win, but it's going to be a fight. 

8 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

Game is tomorrow tonight.

You're right. My mistake. Didn't look at the date very closely, just saw that it was listed along with the Miami at Duke game and just assumed it was tonight, since the ACC has a long history of Thursday night games.

39 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Wazzu is a very good team. They have one of the more underrated QB's in the nation and a solid offense all around. Their defense is quietly solid as well. I think this game sets up poorly for USC with it being a road game on a week night. USC may still win, but it's going to be a fight. 

I've only really watched one Washington State game (Boise State) and they weren't very impressive that night. Might have just been a bad night for them but Boise State is a bad team this year.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I've only really watched one Washington State game (Boise State) and they weren't very impressive that night. Might have just been a bad night for them but Boise State is a bad team this year.

Yeah that was a weird game. Wazzu has had a tendency recently to come out of the gate VERY slow. The past 2 years they started off by losing to an FCS team and then Boise. 2 years ago they were a FG away from winning the Pac 12 North. 

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They have been starting the season horrendously and then coming on strong. Last year they started 0-2 losing to Eastern Washington and Boise State, then reeled off 8 straight wins including a blowout win at Stanford. Hard team to project. I wouldn’t bet on this game with free money. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I'm a big believe in Luke Falk. I think he could be a first round pick next year in the mid to late first. 

Kid is tough... doesn't have the greatest vision/awareness in the world IMO... not sure how he'll do as a result. But I like him. 

WSU needs to score on this upcoming drive IMO... don't let USC hang around... Darnold has been garbage, but one bad assignment and the RB gashes them again for a late turnaround if they keep up with this back and forth garbage.

40 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Kid is tough... doesn't have the greatest vision/awareness in the world IMO... not sure how he'll do as a result. But I like him. 

You aren't wrong. He does have some issues. But he can make all the throws out there

fibonaccisquared likes this

36 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

And right on cue... give it right back. LOL 19 yard punt.

Wazzu's defense is quietly underrated. I know USC is missing some OL, but their D has done a great job tonight. They had the opening drive TD and a breakaway TD. Other than that they have been solid

Wazzu can win the Pac 12! Big next 2 on the road with Oregon and Cal, but both are winnable. They also have Arizona, Stanford, and Utah before playing Washington.