Roddy White wants to be on ESPN to defend Falcons

raysnill1

Roddy White wants to be on ESPN to defend Falcons

• AJC Sports
7:40 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017 Atlanta Falcons

Roddy White can’t take it any more.

He first had a “beef” with FOX Sports’ Colin Cowherd for his ridiculous  comparison of Matt Ryan to Andy Dalton.

The former Falcons star wide receiver demanded the radio yakker apologize to the league’s reigning MVP.

On Monday, former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb went on ESPN’s “First Take” to call the Falcons “one of the most overrated teams in the NFL.” (Video above)

McNabb compared their blown leads against NFC North’s Bears, Packers and Lions to the team’s Super Bowl collapse against the New England Patriots.

He targeted defensive flaws, which marred their near loss to the Lions in Week 3.

White, who remains the Falcons’ career leader in receiving yards (10,863), is demanding some face time on the sports network to defend the #Brotherhood.

Someone, get him on a plane.
roddy%20white.jpg
Roddy White was a four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver with the Atlanta Falcons. Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images

6 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Interesting that a team that has yet to trail a game in 2017 is "blowing leads".

You'd think someone who played football would understand that if you're up by a lot after 3 quarters, the other team is gonna score some garbage time points. McNabb  sounds like a moron in that segment. Apparently the media expects us to win every game 45-10, or it's not a good enough performance.

8 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

:lol:

*teams looking at a recipe to beat Atlanta*

Step 1: Give them a big lead

Step 2: Sign Tom Brady and hire Bill Belichick

Step 3: Profit

You forgot actual step 3: Make the Falcons re-hire Kyle Shannahan and wipe his mind so he makes the same boneheaded decision again. 

1 hour ago, NCFalconfan said:

Interesting that a team that has yet to trail a game in 2017 is "blowing leads".

I guess unless we win by 20+ every game we are overrated. Forget situational footaball, we should just put our receivers in harms way all game long and make our defense play 40-45 minutes every game. Forget that we have Freeman(league leader in all purpose yards since 2015) and Coleman who is a great asset to give Freeman some rest. When you get as much production from your backs as the Rams did with Faulk, you run the ball with Faulk in the second half. The reason we lost the superbowl is because we deviated from situational football and didn't run the ball in the 2nd half. I have friends that aren't falcons fans asking me what the deal with the media is. Haters going to hate is the only answer I can think of. Only way to change it is to fill up a trophy case.

13 hours ago, Lornoth said:

I still don't know how beating the Packers by eleven is collapsing. 

Or for that matter how beating anyone by any amount is a collapse.

They have a role to play since all sports talk seems to have to play the devil's advocate game.

Also, if you're so entrenched in a perspective that facts don't matter any more, you hold on to anything you can find. 

The funny thing is we had two big leads that we didn't blow in the playoffs last year.  While I understand that it was the most important and most viewed that we did lose, it is still incredibly flawed logic to assume that if we did it once it is now our MO and try to force everything into the narrative to support that.  

39 minutes ago, camfalcon said:

How are we overrated? We're 3-0 through week 3. Falcons have TONS of skeptics, so who exactly is overrating us? 

Also, I always thought Mcnabb was an overrated Qb.

He is not, however, overrated as a media personality since everyone knows he sucks.

3 hours ago, Leggggggo said:

But, if there were only five quarters in a football game, we would have lost!

In the 5th Quintet, Rodgers would have burned the Falcons and Stafford would have probably run one in. The dirty Falcons love 4 quarter games cause they know they wouldn't stand a chance against top QB's in a legal 5 quintet game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Give that man the mic!!!!

I'd like to be there to hold the mic for R. White as he tears em all down. Then take that same mic and DROP it on top of McNabbs ugly ol head. GO RODDY..... YOU STILL GOT THE FANS IN THE ATL.....and even over here in Texas.

2 hours ago, camfalcon said:

How are we overrated? We're 3-0 through week 3. Falcons have TONS of skeptics, so who exactly is overrating us? 

Also, I always thought Mcnabb was an overrated Qb.

I think McNabbs thinking process was, "It takes one to know one." .... But he's on his own there though. He might be even over rated as a sports commentator. 

I chuckled when McNabb said that.  It's high praise that these TV personalities are having to move the bar to accommodate their never wanting to admit the Falcons might be really good (or they keep losing money).  I like Roddy and love his passion but not sure I see him as a sports pundit...but I guess if Randy Moss can do it...

16 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

You'd think someone who played football would understand that if you're up by a lot after 3 quarters, the other team is gonna score some garbage time points. McNabb  sounds like a moron in that segment. Apparently the media expects us to win every game 45-10, or it's not a good enough performance.

I'm going to give McNabb some slack for sounding like a moron in that segment, because McNabb sounds like an effing moron on most every segment.  He's just being consistent.  :lol:

Patriots should be considered by far more overrated. Struggled endlessly at home vs the Texans, whereas we were never behind any of the three teams we beat. Not to mention the double digit loss at home to the Chiefs. We had struggles vs the Bears and Lions, but they were pretty obviously self-inflicted and on the road against solid teams (better than solid in the Lions case).