Julio Was Open

Gimme.

1st pick, Julio was NOT open, Ryan stares him down throws it anyway

2nd pick, Julio beats 2 on deep slant wide open Ryan hesitates

3rd pick, Julio has one-on-one coverage in the end zone!! Ryan doesn't see him

Just the facts ladies and gentleman. Julio was due for a huge game but Ryan, shaky when tested, is back in his bag i.e. staring down receivers, getting happy feet & missing wide open targets... 10th year same Matty. Something has to give... 

Sometimes being a glorified system QB needs to not be enough. His football intellect has always been high and yet his moxie has always been so-so. At what point does he quit pussyfooting and take over the game? Jesus dude. You'd think 10 years in he'd know by now to read the safety-play 1st. I guess I was just spoiled last year, idk. Thought he'd finally turned that corner...

Edited by Gimme.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually been around for a mighty long time. When they revamped the boards 7, 8 years back I lost my profile formerly known as Gimmesomo. (This was before I even knew who Sanu was, BTW) I just stopped posting cause everything became so predictable. But. Been here dude.

Edited by Gimme.

8 minutes ago, Gimme. said:

I've actually been around for a mighty long time. When they revamped the boards 7, 8 years back I lost my profile formerly known as Gimmesomo. I just stopped posting cause everything became so predictable. But. Been here dude.

Well I for one looking for the day you lose the new profile. Please gimme and the rest of us here break and step back from our boards. 

If you have been watching the games then you should know Ryan has been plying like a champion. 

12 minutes ago, high impact said:

Well I for one looking for the day you lose the new profile. Please gimme and the rest of us here break and step back from our boards. 

If you have been watching the games then you should know Ryan has been plying like a champion. 

Sorry but I'm not a monkey. You nut-huggers can have your way with Ryan's banana for all I care but I'm not ever going to advocate for blind allegiance in any aspect of life, football or otherwise. Unlike 65% of you I'm a GA native born and raised. I'm technically more of a Bulldog than a Falcon being that I was born in Clarke County. My dad was an Atlanta Firefighter for 30+ years at Station 25 off Cascade rd. You have no idea what this city, franchise or sport mean to me. Just because my opinions aren't as nut-huggerish doesn't mean I'm trolling. Constructive criticism is only seen as destructive by weaker men. Hence the reason a lot of you WATCH the sport and don't actually PLAY it. Regardless, petty insults aside. My post is factual. If you don't like it then put on your favorite Matt Ryan undeis, go to MBD and throw a ******* touchdown yourself.. <_<

Edited by Gimme.

This is the 3rd pic.  Julio wasn't alone one on one.  It was zone.  The safety was right there ready to squeeze that throw just like on the first pic.

Julio wasn't even the read on the play.  His job vs that coverage was to get vertical and clear out the underneath for Sanu who was one who was wide open.

IMG_2285

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

This is the 3rd pic.  Julio wasn't alone one on one.  It was zone.  The safety was right there ready to squeeze that throw just like on the first pic.

Julio wasn't even the read on the play.  His job vs that coverage was to get vertical and clear out the underneath for Sanu who was one who was wide open.

IMG_2285

Ha ha I thought he was wide open According to the OP.

that was actually great coverage. He should have dumped to Free if anything, right?

4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

IMG_2285

Can you freeze frame two ticks later plz. Safety is froze in zone and Julio gets a one-on-one at the top of the field..

Edited by Gimme.

Just now, Gimme. said:

Can you freeze frame two ticks later pls

Let me explain to you what happened, because you seem to be getting confused by this stuff.

It was a zone coverage by Detroit.  Every defender is reading the quarterback's eyes.  When Matt made the correct read to throw to Sanu in that hole who was sitting wide open, the safety who was squeezing Julio came down and broke towards Sanu... giving you the impression Julio was left wide open one one one.

If Matt's eyes had stayed on Julio, then so would that safety and they would have kept that inside/out bracket on him.

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Let me explain to you what happened, because you seem to be getting confused by this stuff.

It was a zone coverage by Detroit.  Every defender is reading the quarterback's eyes.  When Matt made the correct read to throw to Sanu in that hole who was sitting wide open, the safety who was squeezing Julio came down and broke towards Sanu... giving you the impression Julio was left wide open one one one.

If Matt's eyes had stayed on Julio, then so would that safety and they would have kept that inside/out bracket on him.

Fin.

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

That's my entire point. They were reading his eyes because he has a tendency to stare down receivers. If you actually go and re-watch that play the safety switches his zone read from Julio to Sanu once he sees how open Sanu is which leaves Julio with one-on-one coverage against a smaller corner. I'm quite familiar with the game of football.

Edited by Gimme.

11 minutes ago, Gimme. said:

Sorry but I'm not a monkey. You nut-huggers can have your way with Ryan's banana for all I care but I'm not ever going to advocate for blind allegiance in any aspect of life, football or otherwise. Unlike 65% of you I'm a GA native born and raised. I'm technically more of a BULLDOG than a Falcon being that I was born in Clarke County. My dad was an Atlanta Firefighter for 30+ years at Station 25 off Cascade rd. You have no idea what this city, franchise or sport mean to me. Just because my opinions aren't as nut-huggerish doesn't mean I'm trolling. Constructive criticism is only seen as destructive by weaker men. Hence the reason a lot of you WATCH the sport and don't actually PLAY it. Regardless, petty insults aside. My post is factual. If you don't like it then put on your favorite Matt Ryan undeis, go to MBD and throw a ******* touchdown yourself.. <_<

That explains it. Inbred moron thanks for the info.

Edited by 0 for 51

Just now, Gimme. said:

That's my entire point. They were reading his eyes because he has a tendency to stare down receivers. If you actually go and re-watch that play the safety switches his zone read from Julio to Sang once he sees how open Sanu is which leaves Julio with one-on-one coverage against a smaller corner. I'm quite familiar with the game of football.

Dude... smh... The safety doesn't react to Sanu because he's open.  That's not even his responsibility.  He breaks on Sanu once Matt's arm is cocked and throwing in Sanu's direction.

Julio was not the read on that play.  Julio's job was to take those two safety's deep and clear out the underneath for Sanu.

5 minutes ago, 0 for 51 said:

That explains it. Inbred moron thanks for the info.

6 minutes ago, Beef said:

You just got destroyed by facts. Now go sit your troll butt in the corner and shut up.

You guy's seriously don't have a lot going on in your real lives do you? Smh, so sad. Maybe we should start a AFMB dating site for you two.. ^_^

Edited by Gimme.