Stand for the flag

1 minute ago, TeamPlayer1 said:

The only game I will watch is the Falcons and I will not turn that on until 5 minutes after kick off. I used to love watching Monday Night Football and our division rivals. No more and after all of these years going  from out of state going to games, no more. Too many vets in my family.

If you want to make a difference don't spoil the game. Put some of your millions and make a statement with your time.

Glad you got that off your chest, game isnt being spoiled though.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

I stopped watching the morning news years ago because it always put me in a bad mood.

Now my Facebook feed is nothing but people fighting over players standing or kneeling or praying or whatever.

Now football is putting me in a bad mood.

Can't we leave politics out of this?

I just want to watch my Falcons win a SB. That's all. I don't care about what they believe. This is America, they can believe what they want.

I stopped watching nearly all news sources on tv years ago. I don't have a facebook account and never will. It's nothing but trouble. I am a supervisor at my job and you should see all the problems I have to deal with because people get into arguments on facebook. They don't won't you to escape the bad news and football is the latest platform

1 minute ago, FalconinPA said:

I stopped watching near all news sources on tv years ago. I don't have a facebook account and never will. It's not but trouble. I am a supervisor at my job and you should see all the problems I have to deal with because people get into arguments.

yeah, I am sick of social media and political arguments as well - this is why i am so pissed about all this national anthem garbage.   

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, I am sick of social media and political arguments as well - this is why i am so pissed about all this national anthem garbage.   

Thats the thing brother, why does it have to be considered garbage? My question also is who is making it garbage?

Edited by red falcon
5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You know if people just mind there business and stop getting their ideas from the government driven new programming. Think for yourselves I think things would improve. Stop focusing on things that divide us and focus on things that we have in common. Freedom works both ways. If you want to stand for the National anthem do it, you if don't, don't do it and leave it at that. Stop letting these horrible people, including puppet presidents lead you down a path to destruction. Let's talk Falcons football, something we all have in common. 

21 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

the election is over - it was over 10 months ago.   Our President,  like him or not, is unfiltered and says stuff that is on his mind and he feels those not standing are disrespecting the American Flag.   While it may not be your opinion, it is shared by many.    I think it was a rather stupid thing for a President to say - but on the flipside - I don't really think it moved the meter one way or the other on the overall debate of standing/sitting.

As far as the overall debate, players can do what they want and should be allowed to do so - just don't whine if you hurt your team, the NFL and your overall marketability.   If athletes/actors want to share their political views emphatically  - please do so - just don't be miffed if it affects your pocketbook.

But yet he doesn't think grabbing women by the ####y is bad. Lol he lusts after Ivanka so I'm not shocked 

57 minutes ago, caver50 said:

Just found out that Jarette and Poe knelt down for the national anthem, I'm done

I like how far right white people turned a black mans protest about violence against black people into another issue against black men and all about veterans. Fox News and Cheetolini making you suck that fat cok of propaganda down your throats willingly. Racist flag ok. White supremist that are violent are ok. Police brutality ok. But don’t let a N word protest hundreds of years of mistreatment now it’s a problem. You’re part of the problem. I’m a Marine and I served and support their rights. Wtf are you? Everything is ok until a black man does it. 

Yall complain more about a black man protesting than actually being killed by a white cop. And he’s unarmed. 

Edited by droopy1592

The players aren't protesting the flag. Pretty sure that a good bit of them have or had someone in their family serve the military. They are using their right to protest peacefully. They aren't mowing down people in the street with cars.

The biggest reason why many are upset is because they are professional athletes. If they were just average Joes, no one would really give nearly two sh!ts and life goes on.

Don't listen to the media. They are the world's biggest sh!t starters.

2 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

You know if people just mind there business and stop getting their ideas from the government driven new programming. Think for yourselves I think things would improve. Stop focusing on things that divide us and focus on things that we have in common. Freedom works both ways. If you want to stand for the National anthem do it, you if don't, don't do it and leave it at that. Stop letting these horrible people, including puppet presidents lead you down a path to destruction. Let's talk Falcons football, something we all have in common. 

Preach brother 

5 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

I like how far right white people turned a black mans protest about violence against black people into another issue against black men and all about veterans. Fox News and Cheetolini making you suck that fat cok of propaganda down your throats willingly. Racist flag ok. White supremist that are violent are ok. Police brutality ok. But don’t let a N word protest hundreds of years of mistreatment now it’s a problem. You’re part of the problem. I’m a Marine and I served and support their rights. Wtf are you? Everything is ok until a black man does it. 

Yall complain more about a black man protesting than actually being killed by a white cop. And he’s unarmed. 

Nooo bro you went too far lol!!!!! Back away!!!

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Or a panthers fan. BTW, where has @SamMills51 been lately telling us all how the new and improved Cam would be this season?

Cam has been terrible. I think he's hurt. Killing my fantasy team. I ordinarily wouldn't have drafted him but my draft position and how the QBs are valued in our league made it too hard for me too pass up. Big regrets so far.