Stand for the flag

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

You are right, NFL will not die from "knees/fabric" as you so eloquently put it.   However, the NFL will be severely hurt if their viewership shrinks and the future TV contracts get smaller.

The NFL has enough problems w/ CTE lawsuits, losing millenials to other interests, etc.  They don't need this one.

Let the viewership decline for the rest of the year and see what happens - Follow the money.

Brother the sad part is that people are upset about them kneeling. That upsets them so much that they will no longer watch the game? How simple are they? Are their not more important things in life. 

People are upset because they feel they are not treated right, not to mention being peovoked by the president. Doesnt he have bigger issues to deal with? Its all a smoke screen.

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

the protest is stupid but these are mostly 20+ year old kids who don't have a clue, so I excuse their ignorance.   Also, race-baiting industry is at an all-time high.

If you want to protest police brutality, go for it - but leave the American flag out of it.

I am not boycotting the NFL and certainly not the Falcons - however, many casual fans will be turned off by this and it will hurt overall numbers - less eyeballs equals less contract TV money = less salary cap = less monies to the players.   So feel free to protest but you are just hurting yourself.

I also feel they could find a better way to effect change, other than taking a knee before a game that pretty much does nothing. 

How about actually organizing events where the two opposing sides can sit, talk and get to learn about the others situation. Remove the Them Vs Us mentality on both sides.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Their ratings were through the roof yesterday. News all over the world was about the precedent's unprovoked attack on a sports league. This is the best press they've gotten in years. For once the organization known for giving terrible brain damage to people was the victim. Also:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20815108/alejandro-villanueva-pittsburgh-steelers-top-selling-gear-standing-national-anthem

No matter how you shake....the NFL is making money.

This is what's funny to me.  The myth that the NFL will suffer.  You know how many times folks have claimed they're boycotting the league.  When does that ever happen?  I mean REALLY happen???  The NFL is a well-oiled machine and people pointing to slight ratings dips seem to miss that ratings for TV are down across the board.  NFL still has the top rated shows with their games and that's even when the product is just mediocre.  

:lol: @ the guy claiming he's boycotting but still watching the Falcons.  

22 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

the protest is stupid but these are mostly 20+ year old kids who don't have a clue, so I excuse their ignorance.   Also, race-baiting industry is at an all-time high.

If you want to protest police brutality, go for it - but leave the American flag out of it.

I am not boycotting the NFL and certainly not the Falcons - however, many casual fans will be turned off by this and it will hurt overall numbers - less eyeballs equals less contract TV money = less salary cap = less monies to the players.   So feel free to protest but you are just hurting yourself.

Yeah I agree. My Falcons are my outlet. Wish they’d kept this political bull. **** on the so called news networks 

Edited by 0 for 51
2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I also feel they could find a better way to effect change, other than taking a knee before a game that pretty much does nothing. 

How about actually organizing events where the two opposing sides can sit, talk and get to learn about the others situation. Remove the Them Vs Us mentality on both sides.

What?

Burn the witch!

(J/K -- we need way more of this).

5 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Has it  not brought awareness? Could the president just have kept his mouth shut about the issue? No hes on another campaign tour for the next election....... how stupid does that sound.....?

Edited by red falcon
5 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Kaep said he was doing this to start a discussion. He did that and now says he is done kneeling. Those picking up his banner want to continue forcing a discussion. The grand cheeto just wants applause lines at his rallies. He doesn't care what the outcome is as long as he looks like a hero to certain people.

1 minute ago, red falcon said:

Brother the sad part is that people are upset about them kneeling. That upsets them so much that they will no longer watch the game? How simple are they? Are their not more important things in life. 

People are upset because they feel they are not treated right, not to mention being peovoked by the president. Doesnt he have bigger issues to deal with? Its all a smoke screen.

the election is over - it was over 10 months ago.   Our President,  like him or not, is unfiltered and says stuff that is on his mind and he feels those not standing are disrespecting the American Flag.   While it may not be your opinion, it is shared by many.    I think it was a rather stupid thing for a President to say - but on the flipside - I don't really think it moved the meter one way or the other on the overall debate of standing/sitting.

As far as the overall debate, players can do what they want and should be allowed to do so - just don't whine if you hurt your team, the NFL and your overall marketability.   If athletes/actors want to share their political views emphatically  - please do so - just don't be miffed if it affects your pocketbook.