Stand for the flag

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don't disagree but there are millions like the OP - this will hurt the NFL - as well it should.   We are a 50/50 nation on many of these issues and certainly on politics.    When you bring this stuff into sports, it will hurt viewership - this is just common sense.

So is this the new deflection along with "patriotism"?

Now we worry about the NFL losing money?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don't disagree but there are millions like the OP - this will hurt the NFL - as well it should.   We are a 50/50 nation on many of these issues and certainly on politics.    When you bring this stuff into sports, it will hurt viewership - this is just common sense.

I agree with that. I agree that the NFL should likely re-think their policy on this.. not from a political standpoint, but from a viewership standpoint.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, their belief, their objections.

The NFL likely is losing viewership to this, and I believe something will be put in place to try to limit that viewership loss -- regardless of "who's right" or "who's wrong".

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

the protest is stupid but these are mostly 20+ year old kids who don't have a clue, so I excuse their ignorance.   Also, race-baiting industry is at an all-time high.

If you want to protest police brutality, go for it - but leave the American flag out of it.

I am not boycotting the NFL and certainly not the Falcons - however, many casual fans will be turned off by this and it will hurt overall numbers - less eyeballs equals less contract TV money = less salary cap = less monies to the players.   So feel free to protest but you are just hurting yourself.

Haha let them leave and people can protest what they want. Its a piece of fabric. Nfl will not die from knees touching turf.

1 minute ago, Tryonis said:

I just wish this fad would end and we can talk about football vs.whatever.

ESPN w/ Jemele Hill is bringing politics into sport calling the President a white supremicist.   ESPN also held a Japanese American man named Robert Lee from broadcast announcing a UVA football game because of his name.

There is too much politics in EVERYTHING now and it will hurt sport - as I have learned through facebook and social media,  I don't need to know what people outside of my family and my inner circle - don't need to know their politics - and they don't need to know mine.

If the NFL wants to participate in hot-button issues and politics - they certainly have the right to do so - just don't be disappointed when you shrink your viewership.   I will be watching but others will make their own decisions and a lot of folks will vote with their TV clicker.

With all the **** going on in the world people should be applauding peaceful protest. Kneeling down also doesn't mean you disrespect the flag, you can love this country and still push for improvements.

I thought that was the American way, not blind loyalty to a symbol. That's more along the lines of fascism.

3 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Haha let them leave and people can protest what they want. Its a piece of fabric. Nfl will not die from knees touching turf.

You are right, NFL will not die from "knees/fabric" as you so eloquently put it.   However, the NFL will be severely hurt if their viewership shrinks and the future TV contracts get smaller.

The NFL has enough problems w/ CTE lawsuits, losing millenials to other interests, etc.  They don't need this one.

Let the viewership decline for the rest of the year and see what happens - Follow the money.

Just now, FalconinPA said:

Phuck no

Their ratings were through the roof yesterday. News all over the world was about the precedent's unprovoked attack on a sports league. This is the best press they've gotten in years. For once the organization known for giving terrible brain damage to people was the victim. Also:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20815108/alejandro-villanueva-pittsburgh-steelers-top-selling-gear-standing-national-anthem

No matter how you shake....the NFL is making money.