Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AF89

Tonight's Sportscenter

29 posts in this topic

Now im not one to pile on to the ESPN sucks bandwagon (it's become political and overblown) but I'm like 95% sure Lions were out of timeouts. I know this cause I kept begging for a tackle in bounds in the game thread. 

Yet I've just seen Scott Van Pelt twice claim Detroit still had a timeout to burn in the highlights. They didn't make it a big deal but they repeated it. :huh:

Am I wrong in this or maybe I misunderstood?

Edit: in fact I remember specifically that they burned their timeouts in the lead up to the 2 min warning. 

Bad ESPN bad :angry:

JDaveG likes this

5 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

if they had a timeout they could have used it to prevent the 10 second run off

Yep the rule is pretty clear for both NFL college that the refs will give you a chance to avoid the runoff at the cost of a timeout.

Not sure why SVP claimed they still had one, maybe just an honest mistake or i misheard but it changes the whole narrative and I didn't like it.

Oh well

/thread

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

Yep the rule is pretty clear for both NFL college that the refs will give you a chance to avoid the runoff at the cost of a timeout.

Not sure why SVP claimed they still had one, maybe just an honest mistake but it changes the whole narrative and I didn't like it.

if that was the case then the narrative changes to Jim Caldwell is an idiot

rounz and Ghosts of Glanville like this

9 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

just another highlight watching, box score checking talking head who never watches the actual game..

Do you really expect Sports center broadcasters to watch all the games? That would be pretty time consuming,

TheFalcoholic and MACK4ttACK like this

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Like the commentator who said Campbell was a pass rusher and wasn't known for his coverage? 

On two occasions. He kept saying Ebron was a mismatch on Dre. With the way he has played this year so far, it doesn't looked like anyone is a mismatch for him.

Ill bet that 50% of the reason "NFL viewing is down" is because the Commentators and "Analysts" have no fuggin idea what they are talking about. NFL really needs to get the act together with these talking heads.

Chunkey9 likes this

3 minutes ago, MACK4ttACK said:

Ill bet that 50% of the reason "NFL viewing is down" is because the Commentators and "Analysts" have no fuggin idea what they are talking about. NFL really needs to get the act together with these talking heads.

More due to the prevalence of streaming imho. I'm no exception.

Falconsin2012 likes this

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Now im not one to pile on to the ESPN sucks bandwagon (it's become political and overblown) but I'm like 95% sure Lions were out of timeouts. I know this cause I kept begging for a tackle in bounds in the game thread. 

Yet I've just seen Scott Van Pelt twice claim Detroit still had a timeout to burn in the highlights. They didn't make it a big deal but they repeated it. :huh:

Am I wrong in this or maybe I misunderstood?

Edit: in fact I remember specifically that they burned their timeouts in the lead up to the 2 min warning. 

Bad ESPN bad :angry:

If they had a timeout their wouldn't have been a ten second run-off.

I wouldn't blame ESPN on that one as much as I'd blame Fox.  Apparently (according to multiple tweets sent out) Fox was showing that the Lions had a timeout left when they didn't.  You can't really expect Scott Van Pelt to have watched our game long enough to have seen that this was inaccurate.  He has a show to get ready for which includes NFL highlights, baseball highlights, college football and basketball talk.  How was he to know that was a mistake by Fox?

Falconsin2012 likes this

22 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I wouldn't blame ESPN on that one as much as I'd blame Fox.  Apparently (according to multiple tweets sent out) Fox was showing that the Lions had a timeout left when they didn't.  You can't really expect Scott Van Pelt to have watched our game long enough to have seen that this was inaccurate.  He has a show to get ready for which includes NFL highlights, baseball highlights, college football and basketball talk.  How was he to know that was a mistake by Fox?

I think that was the possession indicator Fox was actually using and as the Falcons had no timeouts of their own for contrasting it to, I can see how a person might think it was a single remaning t.o marker

3 hours ago, ukfalc said:

Not surprising and nowhere near the first time ESPN have flat out told absolute lies about the Falcons to detract from a W. 

Idk I’d kinda like to see where the narrative goes if they claim the Lions had a timeout. It’d be funny lol.

4 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

Doesnt look like he says anything at all. I dont know why they even show him on the screen lol. Has to be an amazing poker player.

5 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

Seems like either this was his Agenda OR Van Pelt is the idiot I always took him for.

Either way, I would expect nothing less from ESucPN. I am actually surprised they knew we WON the game to be honest. 

4 hours ago, MACK4ttACK said:

You don't think players turning the national anthem into a political rally has anything to do with it?

I go to sports to escape politics.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You don't think players turning the national anthem into a political rally has anything to do with it?

yeah because people that are fans of a team ride or die. I guess you want the NFL to court Fairweather fans, which is great from a Businessman's point of view. But I'm not a business man. And neither is the fanbase of the NFL.

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

They simply need to stop broadcasting the anthem.

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, MACK4ttACK said:

yeah because people that are fans of a team ride or die. I guess you want the NFL to court Fairweather fans, which is great from a Businessman's point of view. But I'm not a business man. And neither is the fanbase of the NFL.

I don't get it....you bring up the topic, I give you one of the reasons and you try to shoot it down?  You think the NFL does not want the casual fan?  Wrong

6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Like the commentator who said Campbell was a pass rusher and wasn't known for his coverage? 

I looked at my dad and just shook my head when he said that. 

Knight of God likes this